The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Try Anime Thread Mk I

Like Raikoh said, Build Burning has nothing at all to do with God Gundam, other than their being martial arts types. There was an interview where the staff revealed that the name was suggested by the show's director, who didn't know that "Burning Gundam" was God Gundam's dub name until after the fact. He chose the name because he felt it fit the same general theme as Shining and Rising.

As for why it doesn't have a Finger attack, again, the machine is technically unrelated to anything from G Gundam. Besides that, the Finger attacks were a hallmark of Touhou Fuhai Style, and since they rely upon ki manipulation, Sekai couldn't use them to begin with. On top of that, Sekai isn't a Gundam fan, so he doesn't know about G Gundam, so he wouldn't just improvise a "Burning Finger" attack anyway.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
AceOfSpades1

Nice to see gundam fans who can still destroy me with information ^_^ on that note though...I'm actually kinda more annoyed since it's been bothering me this whole time. It's a completely original build based on nothing?! Even the final suit's Iori made in the first series were still based on the strike, if this isn't based on the Burning gundam like I believed I truly don't know what to make of the suit.
"Ol' Uncle Ace is here to stay"
Xenosynth

I dunno. I felt we needed more original suits honestly. Plus Sei's a creative enough dude not to need to be tied down by just simply making mods of mobile suits, and actually making his own ideas (while still having inspirations.)
Kuruni

So...AceOfSpades1, you eventually finish GBF and fix that hole on your soul? Good, good...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dark Duel

AceOfSpades1 wrote:if this isn't based on the Burning gundam like I believed I truly don't know what to make of the suit.
A wholly original, scratch-built MS - or, apparently, a modified version thereof. Not like it's even the only one in the series, either;
In fact, out of the four main suits we've built so far, only half of them - Lightning Gundam and GM Powered Cardigan - are based on pre-existing mobile suits at all; Winning Gundam is also a 100% original, scratch-built mobile suit.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DoubleZero

AmuroNT1 wrote:Like Raikoh said, Build Burning has nothing at all to do with God Gundam, other than their being martial arts types. There was an interview where the staff revealed that the name was suggested by the show's director, who didn't know that "Burning Gundam" was God Gundam's dub name until after the fact. He chose the name because he felt it fit the same general theme as Shining and Rising.

As for why it doesn't have a Finger attack, again, the machine is technically unrelated to anything from G Gundam. Besides that, the Finger attacks were a hallmark of Touhou Fuhai Style, and since they rely upon ki manipulation, Sekai couldn't use them to begin with. On top of that, Sekai isn't a Gundam fan, so he doesn't know about G Gundam, so he wouldn't just improvise a "Burning Finger" attack anyway.
I thought there was at least some influence.
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
AmuroNT1

Like I said, Build Burning is only tangentially connected to G Gundam by virtue of being a martial arts-based machine. It's not actually supposed to BE anything in specific; it's not a customized Shining Gundam or God Gundam or even Build Strike.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

This is partly why I hate the G renames. There's a logic to that specific one but with Try people just assumed too much when really nothing about Build Burning suggests God Gundam as a base.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
YokozunaBulldozer

So after we hit our 1-cour mark, do you guys hope to see more original gundams like the ones the TRY Fighters trio have, or do you guys hope to see more homages of non-Gundam shows like the EZ-SR trio?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

I think we're going to see few more original designs, but the homage should outnumber them.

I say we will get to see Burning in original form, or at least upgrade that's closer to original form than Sekai's...possibly call Black Burning and used by Sei (and he's evil! nah...he just play evil role according to its fictional history he made up)

And it's just occur to me, I think damage level will be alway A once we reach national arc, and we probaly get some acceptable explanation why. Who know, maybe Sei has some input on it, and by reflect at his old self about why he used to suck, he suggest to add damage level setting so new guys will be less worry about get their gunpla trashed. But the B setting may also dampen gunpla somewhat and only A setting can unleash its full power (correct me if I'm wrong, but we never see Build Burning's beam deflection again after its debut, isn't it?)
Outlaw

You know I never thought of it before but, given the events at the end of the original Build Fighters I wouldn't be surprised at all if the damage level system was developed as some sort of safety limiter.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
DoubleZero

Kuruni wrote:I think we're going to see few more original designs, but the homage should outnumber them.

I say we will get to see Burning in original form, or at least upgrade that's closer to original form than Sekai's...possibly call Black Burning and used by Sei (and he's evil! nah...he just play evil role according to its fictional history he made up)
Like a Gundam God Master, perhaps?
"Rush hour, during the Dark hour..."
Kuruni

Sweet! :mrgreen: Although I think Burning's original form would be more generic (with gun, that is).

Still God Master is so awesome on many level. :mrgreen:
Evex

I think the origins of the build burning is actually from two separate machines. The first part of the machine base is most likely the ZGMF-X56S Impulse Gundam. This is seen mostly in the upper torso, head, and arms. The second one, and is a bit more of a shot in the dark, is the GAT-FJ108 Raigo Gundam. This is seen in the shoulder and side skirt armor.

We know from what both Yuuma and his rival have said that the machine itself is based off of sei's entry for the 11th gunpla world championship. We know in the 8th championship he used the Build Strike Cosmos. Its possible for the 11th gunpla world tournament he had switched to some custom variant of the Impulse Gundam, if we assume sei stuck with Gundam SEED as the base for most of his tournament gunpla.
HellCat

Or Okawara is yet again mix and matching design elements because give the poor man a rest, he's designed more Gundams than anyone should ever have to.
PrissAsagiri UK

The explanation of the rules at the start of this most recent episode has got me wondering what sort of edge cases have come up, and what/where the cutoffs are for certain categories.

For example, other than mobile suits, the categories "non-mobile suit support machines" (example shown: FF-X7-Bst Core Booster) and "powerful large mobile armour" (example shown: MA-06 Val Waro) are mentioned, but there are definitely units which are officially designated mobile armours (for example, the NRMA-006 Gadeel or TS-MA2 Moebius) but are clearly closer in size and capabilities to the former category than the latter. I wonder if there's a formal size or capabilities (probably not listed weight) cutoff, above which a unit is considering a powerful large mobile armour and beneath which it's considered a support machine, or if every extant unit is assigned to one category or another, or if the difference is determined some other way?

Similarly, is the "powerful large mobile armour" category truly limited to mobile armours, or are there some mobile suits large and powerful enough that they'd also fall into this category? I am thinking in particular of the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam and NZ-000 Queen Mansa here, both of which are designated mobile suits but are far larger than normal. While the transformable Destroy Gundam might be considered a mobile armour because it has a non-humanoid mode, the Queen Mansa does not - but unless I'm completely misreading the intent of the "one powerful large mobile armour only" category and rule, both seem like they belong in that category rather than rubbing shoulders with GMs and Zakus.

When it comes to Newtype-use mobile suits and other units with remote weapons, I wonder if there are any restrictions placed on their use? We see a RMSN-008 Bertigo in action in episode 5, freely deploying its bits, so it may be that this is handled similarly to a mobile suit with a separation/docking system - "You can launch as many remote weapons from your Gunpla as you want, but you have to control them all yourself." I'm not sure this would extend, however, to remote weapons not launched from a "mother" mobile weapon - the first examples that come to mind are the various sorts of G-Bit used by flash system-equipped mobile suits, remotely controlled by a "mother" unit but physically entirely separate, not launching from (or docking with) that mother unit at all. We see this in episode 7 of the first Gundam Build Fighters, with a gold-coloured GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X leading a dozen FX-9900 GX-Bits, however: 1) it's not clear if the G-Bits are being controlled by the main pilot or by his two co-pilots/technicians/crew; and 2) this example is from a different tournament, in a different format, organised by a different company. So there's room to speculate as to just how a situation like this might be handled in the rules of the Under-19 Division rules, if indeed it's permitted at all.
monster

PrissAsagiri UK wrote:The explanation of the rules at the start of this most recent episode has got me wondering what sort of edge cases have come up, and what/where the cutoffs are for certain categories.

For example, other than mobile suits, the categories "non-mobile suit support machines" (example shown: FF-X7-Bst Core Booster) and "powerful large mobile armour" (example shown: MA-06 Val Waro) are mentioned, but there are definitely units which are officially designated mobile armours (for example, the NRMA-006 Gadeel or TS-MA2 Moebius) but are clearly closer in size and capabilities to the former category than the latter. I wonder if there's a formal size or capabilities (probably not listed weight) cutoff, above which a unit is considering a powerful large mobile armour and beneath which it's considered a support machine, or if every extant unit is assigned to one category or another, or if the difference is determined some other way?
When I saw that particular rule, I immediately assumed that the Moebius and similar-sized mobile armors would be treated like any other mobile suit and be controlled by one person. I don't think they would've qualified it if the rule applies to all mobile armors.
Similarly, is the "powerful large mobile armour" category truly limited to mobile armours, or are there some mobile suits large and powerful enough that they'd also fall into this category? I am thinking in particular of the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam and NZ-000 Queen Mansa here, both of which are designated mobile suits but are far larger than normal. While the transformable Destroy Gundam might be considered a mobile armour because it has a non-humanoid mode, the Queen Mansa does not - but unless I'm completely misreading the intent of the "one powerful large mobile armour only" category and rule, both seem like they belong in that category rather than rubbing shoulders with GMs and Zakus.
Similarly, I think in this case since they qualified it as being mobile armors and not just simply any large machine, then the Destroy and other huge machines that are designated as mobile suits, even if they have a mobile armor mode, should still be controlled by one person.
When it comes to Newtype-use mobile suits and other units with remote weapons, I wonder if there are any restrictions placed on their use? We see a RMSN-008 Bertigo in action in episode 5, freely deploying its bits, so it may be that this is handled similarly to a mobile suit with a separation/docking system - "You can launch as many remote weapons from your Gunpla as you want, but you have to control them all yourself." I'm not sure this would extend, however, to remote weapons not launched from a "mother" mobile weapon - the first examples that come to mind are the various sorts of G-Bit used by flash system-equipped mobile suits, remotely controlled by a "mother" unit but physically entirely separate, not launching from (or docking with) that mother unit at all. We see this in episode 7 of the first Gundam Build Fighters, with a gold-coloured GX-9901-DX Gundam Double X leading a dozen FX-9900 GX-Bits, however: 1) it's not clear if the G-Bits are being controlled by the main pilot or by his two co-pilots/technicians/crew; and 2) this example is from a different tournament, in a different format, organised by a different company. So there's room to speculate as to just how a situation like this might be handled in the rules of the Under-19 Division rules, if indeed it's permitted at all.
I think this particular rule applies to one machine that can separate into multiple parts, including machines with docked remote-controlled weapons. So stuff like the G-Bits would probably be counted as separate machines, just like a support machine.

That said, there's no rule preventing one machine to take control of other machines during battle. So it's possible we might see the top fighter taking control of his partners' machines as part of a tactic.

It would also be interesting to see if taking control of a machine would work on the opponent's machine, through various means.
Strike Zero

There is probably an official Gunpla Battle committee that decides this stuff, like how in the Yu-Gi-Oh! OCG there are rulings that either limit or outright ban cards that prove to be too broken for tournament play.
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Calubin_175

I just think that a single medium sized mobile armor like the Bigro series or the Zamzarzar from Destiny would not able to hold their own as well compared to a Psycho Gundam sized large machine.
HellCat

I don't really get the MA rule. I can see why in a contest it's done to be fair to other teams, but it seems to hint at weaker battles. I mean remember the fun in season one of the Gaw carrying all the guys who hated Fellini? An MA might be an unfair advantage to a team but surely that means a better test of skill for opponents. Imagine a three MS team having to figure out how to take down an MA and two enemy MS that are covering for it.

Someone go fetch the Chairman. His rules made things more fun!