Cross Ange

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Lord Dearche

Re: Cross Ange- New Sunrise x Fukuda mecha show

That's his gimick, he plays the role of whatever the girls truly wanted.

-Lover
-Father Figure
-a true friend
-saviour
-protector (to the children)
iguanaman8989

He's a manipulative bastard all right.

From his dialogue with Ange, it really seems that his main motivation is that he's immortal and bored.
teslashark

iguanaman8989 wrote:He's a manipulative bastard all right.

From his dialogue with Ange, it really seems that his main motivation is that he's immortal and bored.
See, he's the only happy La Flaga "creepy brother-uncle".
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
Iris Scope

One thing that stumps me is that if Alektra/Jill hates Embryo so much now, she whispers "Sorry, Embryo-sama" in her dreams. Do like Elsa and let it go! :mrgreen:
Ryujin

Looks like this episode puts to rest any impressions that Ange's gone soft.

Asides from taking down Ange with the tranquilizer, Mahou Shojou Pretty Salian just can't catch a break.
Compass

So, I'm not sure if I was a bit slow, but I finally figured out who the other 2 pilots that weren't Ersha and Chris were.

They're two of these spare pilots from a few episodes back: http://i.imgur.com/9y3bNNL.png
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
teslashark

Episode 22: In which everyone is mentally, physically or supernatually screwed.
Embryo, you pimping sentinent dildo. Embryo.
Lord Dearche

Finished Episode 20.

Oh god this episode was hilarious. And hot. Then Hilariouser, then Hotter. Then just Hilariously Hot. AOTY.
Vent Noir

Interesting tidbit from the Fukuda Q&A:

Q: What was your reaction when you were first approached for this project?
A: Cross Ange was one of my suggestions when SEED Destiny finished and when they wouldn't let me do a movie, it took a while but they accepted it back in December 2012

(So I guess that means the SEED movie is officially canned?)
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
BrentD15

Vent Noir wrote:Interesting tidbit from the Fukuda Q&A:

A: Cross Ange was one of my suggestions when SEED Destiny finished and when they wouldn't let me do a movie, it took a while but they accepted it back in December 2012

I certainly hope so. :D

That series needs a complete reboot (hopefully without Fukuda and Morosawa behind it) before a movie can even be considered. And even if there was a movie, I bet it would just be a rip-off of Char's Counterattack (possibly starring Talia's orphaned son :P).
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
teslashark

BrentD15 wrote:
Vent Noir wrote:Interesting tidbit from the Fukuda Q&A:

I certainly hope so. :D

That series needs a complete reboot (hopefully without Fukuda and Morosawa behind it) before a movie can even be considered. And even if there was a movie, I bet it would just be a rip-off of Char's Counterattack (possibly starring Talia's orphaned son :P).
Then it will be another Astray, and I'm at least a little tired with seeing Gai, Lowe and Prayer.
Iris Scope

I never thought i'd be saying this but Sylvia needs to die. She's beyond redeemable at this stage with so few episodes left to change her attitude. Kinda sucks since I expected a happy reunion with her and Ange by the end of the series.

Nice to see Jill admit she was wrong in her thinking and relinquish authority to Hilda who is in a better mind frame. Also, Rosalie's tearful longing for Chris was a very touching scene.
SonicSP

So just caught up to the latest episode after watching them in successions from episode three. Really enjoying this series, probably one of my favorites recently and it certainly surpassed my expectations of it. Enjoying and getting attached to most of the cast and some of the plot developments. Hopeful that they don't ruin the final arc ending somehow but I'm feeling optimistic so far. Like the battles, mecha designs and the character developments.

I can see Salia getting the hostage treatment given what happened to her in the latest episode. Erse and Chris will probably be redeemed/rescued somehow in the next few episodes while the other two more misc. Diamond Knights probably won't make it.
Henyo

okay..we're on the last couple of episodes. and ze yuri is so not looking good. Ange has given lots of signs she's straight. bad end for Mecha Pilots Nanofate huh? there's also Sala.

oh yeah...Cross Ange just got Rahxephoned! (can anyone offer a for dummies explanation of super string theory?)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
teslashark

福田 己津央 @fukuda320
ところで次回の放送では、きっと色々な事が起こると思いますが、决してサンライズに剃刀とか止めてくださいね>^_^<。冗谈ではなく30年位前にはほんとにあったんだから。まあ、でも今の时代のクレームの酷さに比べたら、当时はまだましだったか…。

From Fukuda's Twitter:
Don't send razorblades to Sunrise when you see what's coming next.
Lord Dearche

Henyo wrote:okay..we're on the last couple of episodes. and ze yuri is so not looking good. Ange has given lots of signs she's straight. bad end for Mecha Pilots Nanofate huh? there's also Sala.

oh yeah...Cross Ange just got Rahxephoned! (can anyone offer a for dummies explanation of super string theory?)
Uh, She's been confirmed straight since forever ago. She's been wanting Tusk's Tusk since the start. I'm probably the biggest Nanoha fan here and even I think the hole "NanoFate" thing being carried into this unrelated franchise by fans was ultimately dumb for them to get their hopes up. (Though as a fan, I honestly think the worst part of said Nanoha franchise are the fans themselves, especially the dilusional ones who take the series too seriously.)

They share some VAs, not that rare of an occurance. But the difference between their roles in Nanoha and in Cross Ange is that Nanoha and Fate were the main characters. Hilda, is nothing but a side character. And a lesser one at that. As it is, Saleko, the maid, and others are all more important then Hilda.
BrentD15

teslashark wrote:福田 己津央 @fukuda320
ところで次回の放送では、きっと色々な事が起こると思いますが、决してサンライズに剃刀とか止めてくださいね>^_^<。冗谈ではなく30年位前にはほんとにあったんだから。まあ、でも今の时代のクレームの酷さに比べたら、当时はまだましだったか…。

From Fukuda's Twitter:
Don't send razorblades to Sunrise when you see what's coming next.
Anyone care to translate?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
PowerdGNFlag

Spoiler
It's been nice knowing you, Momoka and Tusk.

While there is a chance that they'll be back (via reset Button/new happy-ending universe/whatever) it's nice to see how they exit the stage for now and open up Ange for some late-game angst.

Some notes:
-that arcade game Hilda and Rosalie are playing (VVV's Haruto vs Bernie with vampire-bite finisher from the former) made me do a double-take.
-it was kinda stupid for them not to do a Yoda and take the Vilkiss out of the river, though it's just me.
-we have another "who-made-the-loli-killing-shot" scenario here straight out of Destiny; but seeing it is the Ragnamail-using side that uses the fatal green beams...
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
teslashark

PowerdGNFlag wrote:
Spoiler
It's been nice knowing you, Momoka and Tusk.

While there is a chance that they'll be back (via reset Button/new happy-ending universe/whatever) it's nice to see how they exit the stage for now and open up Ange for some late-game angst.

Some notes:
-that arcade game Hilda and Rosalie are playing (VVV's Haruto vs Bernie with vampire-bite finisher from the former) made me do a double-take.
-it was kinda stupid for them not to do a Yoda and take the Vilkiss out of the river, though it's just me.
-we have another "who-made-the-loli-killing-shot" scenario here straight out of Destiny; but seeing it is the Ragnamail-using side that uses the fatal green beams...
Bernie? I thought that was L-11.
Lord Dearche

>Implying Tusk and Momoka are dead

You mean in a show where 90% of the people who die come back to life 10 minutes later? If anything this show WILL end with a Reset ending.

And yeah, the game was El Elf vs Haruto.

Also, What.The.**** happened to the animation. It was horrible this episode. Not only that but all the characters were drawn entirely off key.