Crossbone Vanguard Civil War

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
branman88

Crossbone Vanguard Civil War

I know this has been some what brought up in the past, but it always seems to turn into talking about Crossbone Gundam so my question:

Is there any more info on the Crossbone Civil War other then what is written in CV mecha profiles and in the Crossbone Gundam Manga?
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
AmuroNT1

Re: Crossbone Vanguard Civil War

Not really, no. The long and the short of it is that some time around UC 0125 (I believe) Berah stepped up into a leadership position and denounced the Nobility Principle, which caused a rift between those who agreed and disagreed. Then three years later she and her people vanished when the Babylonia Vanguard (later Mother Vanguard) went missing on its maiden voyage. I'm pretty sure the rest of Cosmo Babylonia just kind of languished and fell apart without the Federation having to do anything.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
branman88

AmuroNT1 wrote:Not really, no. The long and the short of it is that some time around UC 0125 (I believe) Berah stepped up into a leadership position and denounced the Nobility Principle, which caused a rift between those who agreed and disagreed. Then three years later she and her people vanished when the Babylonia Vanguard (later Mother Vanguard) went missing on its maiden voyage. I'm pretty sure the rest of Cosmo Babylonia just kind of languished and fell apart without the Federation having to do anything.
I figured, thanks. Man it sucks to be fan of late UC, we end up learning about every waking moment of Amuro and Char, but pretty much nothing on the time between F-91 and Crossbone. I just wish they would make a follow up OVA on the stuff left out of movie and the Civil War.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
balofo

Relevant question: we're told in the Crossbone manga that Zabine and Seabook battled many times but how did Zabine even stand a chance in his weak Berga Giros against the powerful F91? The manga even show the 2 suits battling.

I doubt Zabine is that good of a pilot because he lost an arms and the fins against Anamarie.
AmuroNT1

I think the Crossbone manga may have been written with the full F91 series plan in mind rather than the movie we got, which is pretty much the only way to explain the line about them fighting many times. Somehow I doubt he was just referring to training battles.

Rather amazingly tho, there's a part where Kincaid uses his beam shield and says it's the first time he's had to do so. He might have meant specifically with the Crossbone Gundam however.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Massignifico

It must be so cause we see him use it in the F91. Regarding Zabine he said that in simulations he wins 70% of the time against Kincado. Maybe he was hesitating against Annamarie or she is just a good pilot.
AmuroNT1

I'm sure they did training battles to keep their skills sharp, but the context of Kincaid's statement makes me think he was specifically referring to them fighting for real.