The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
pirx

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

I know that, but as far i recall - this is the first time, Megaroad-01 is mentioned again as being alive somewhere else, as in - Berger (Bilra maybe too?) implying he knows something about Megaroad-01 exact whereabouts.
Maybe next planned Macross series will show us.
SonicSP

Considering how fast the turnaround is this time for the TV Series (by Macross standards) it wouldn't surprise me if they teased this of long running series info in Delta and not reveal anything just so when Macross 2018 annociement came, we'll go and discuss about it. Like a bait and switch, and then a reveal.

It's the 30th anniversary too, so expanding a long running mysterious storyline that's been there for decades might be a good thing to dig up again. I mean it's not a guarantee but who knows.
pirx wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 am I know that, but as far i recall - this is the first time, Megaroad-01 is mentioned again as being alive somewhere else, as in - Berger (Bilra maybe too?) implying he knows something about Megaroad-01 exact whereabouts.
Maybe next planned Macross series will show us.
I'm getting the impression that it's the case.
Zeonista

azrael wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:18 pm
pirx wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:42 am ...? and that Megaroad-1 exists somewhere and made it?
It's never been said that Megaroad-01 was destroyed. Only that they lost communication.
This is true. Megaroad-01 eventually passed beyond what at that time was the limit of communications with Earth. It meant they were out of contact for decades and on their own. Which is why the colonization fleets were self-supporting entities, right? ;) It would be interesting to have a series that tied the origin and current position directly together. Then again, we could get a different story in a different part of the galaxy. But Kawamori seems to be onto something in his last couple of stories, so it would be interesting to see the next developmental wrinkle in Humanity's emulation of the ancient Protoculture.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
False Prophet

Say, if the Megaroad-01 is found, then how old would Misa, Hikaru, and Minmay be? I'd rather not see wrinkles on their face.

Also on the matter, how do you think of the improvements human have made with the Macross-class?
SonicSP

Hikaru likely won't appear in any case due to the unfortunate incident with the real life voice actor a long time ago.

I'd personally be fine if Minmay and Misa has wrinkles, it would be nice way to mark the passage of time.....just going on in the Macross world just like decades has also passed in the real world.
Chris
Administrator

SonicSP wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:11 pm Hikaru likely won't appear in any case due to the unfortunate incident with the real life voice actor a long time ago.
Not really relevant anymore since the role of Hikaru was long ago officially recast for video games. If he were to appear in anime, it would presumably be with the new actor voicing him.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dark Duel

Yeah, that's not surprising at all.
It's just like with Bright Noa - after Hirotaka Suzuoki passed away, they recast Bright for Unicorn.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Yeah, Ken Narita who replaced Hirotaka Suzuoki, not only replaced Bright for Unicorn but for every role Bright is in like video games like G Gen and SRW games. However, for some strange reason he did not voice Bright in Gundam-san, but that might be a special case considering its a parody show with none of the original voice actors voicing the Gundam characters.

The guy who replaced Hikaru's original VA has done many video games, like the Macross games and SRW.
SonicSP

Chris wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:16 pm Not really relevant anymore since the role of Hikaru was long ago officially recast for video games. If he were to appear in anime, it would presumably be with the new actor voicing him.
Didn't Kawamori once said something about not wanting to bring him back in the anime because he was very upset/in respect for the voice actor's death? I was speaking more from that decision he made as opposed to not being able to find a replacement.

Though maybe he changed his mind since then.
Chris
Administrator

SonicSP wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:28 am Didn't Kawamori once said something about not wanting to bring him back in the anime because he was very upset/in respect for the voice actor's death? I was speaking more from that decision he made as opposed to not being able to find a replacement.

Though maybe he changed his mind since then.
There are many things attributed to directors like Kawamori and Tomino that I just tend not to believe if they're not credibly sourced to an interview. It's possible he said it, but it's also possible that it's one of those things that has spread for so long that people just take it to be true.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Iris Scope

Watched episode 24 earlier tonight.

I was really touched emotionally to see Reina being there for Makina when she took the sniper shot meant for Freyja. But for some reason, probably due to Reina's way of being repressive with her emotions even in one where her best friend is hurt, it felt a bit underwhelming.

Bogue just flat out annoys me with his loose temper especially in Heinz-sama's presence beating up Hayate due to coming to Freyja's defense. It amazes me someone with his ego even got accepted into the Knights. My guess is it was probably someone's act of charity due to the fact he would likely end up in jail or dead anywhere else.

Anyway, here's hoping that by tomorrow or Sunday that I will be finished with the remaining two episodes.
SonicSP

I thought they were always close with each other for pretty all of the series so that scene always felt really like a natural extension of what they usually do.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Glad you're enjoying the Bogue Experience, Iris. ;)

In other news, Minori-san and JUNNA performed at the Anisong World Matsuri at AX2017 a few days ago and most agreed they won the crowd by asking about In-N-Out Burger, but couldn't quite get the name right so the crowd began chanting "In-N-Out! In-N-Out!" :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Iris Scope

Thanks, Arbiter! :mrgreen:

My apologies for waiting so long until now to get through the final two episodes of Delta. I actually didn't come out of it disappointed with the series as a whole because the final battle and performance by Walkure was so epic and amazing! The love triangle resolved so neatly in that despite Freyja winning Hayate's heart over Mirage in the end, all parties said their feelings out loud and it contributed deeply into winning the war not just of the body but of the mind that Roid was planning with his attempt at controlling Mikumo.

All in all, I enjoyed myself a lot watching Delta and while idk if I would repeat it immediately, it definitely is worth a peek. :D
Arbiter GUNDAM

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

Iris Scope wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:08 pm Thanks, Arbiter! :mrgreen:

My apologies for waiting so long until now to get through the final two episodes of Delta. I actually didn't come out of it disappointed with the series as a whole because the final battle and performance by Walkure was so epic and amazing! The love triangle resolved so neatly in that despite Freyja winning Hayate's heart over Mirage in the end, all parties said their feelings out loud and it contributed deeply into winning the war not just of the body but of the mind that Roid was planning with his attempt at controlling Mikumo.

All in all, I enjoyed myself a lot watching Delta and while idk if I would repeat it immediately, it definitely is worth a peek. :D
The ending was pretty disappointing to me personally plot and execution wise but overall still my favorite Macross entry when everything is taken into account. It does so many things right to me.
Seto Kaiba

I started rewatching Delta yesterday over lunch, in the hopes that I'll find more substance to the story if I'm not in a constant state of dismay from comparing it unfavorably to Frontier.

It definitely reminded me of why I had such high hopes for this series from the outset. The opening narration's a bit wonky and ham-handed, but the rest of the episode was atypically strong for the first episode of a Macross TV series. Somehow, some way, they managed to make all three of the main trio likeable in the very first episode. To actually get them there usually takes several, if it ever happens (I'm looking at YOU, Basara). Even Frontier, arguably the strongest entry in the entire franchise, took four or five episodes to properly defrost Professional Ice Queen Sheryl Nome. No such waiting around here, you can tell Hayate's more than a little into Freyja before they even finished their onigiri.

I remember, when this episode first aired, being a bit put-out by the published spec for what we didn't know was a custom job which looked like the state of tech had jumped MASSIVELY in just nine years. Kind of an anticlimax now that we know they're ruinously expensive Ace Custom jobs and the stock model makes the previous 5th Gen low end model (VF-25) look pretty good by comparison.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
yazi88

Macross Delta movie project in the works. I don't know if it means 1 movie or 2. If the 1st part of Delta is condensed into the movie I'm good with that, but the 2nd half... I hope something new replaces it or done better in general...
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, looks like this thread will have to go active again as a Macross Delta movie has been announced. As is pretty typical with these kinds of announcements, we haven't yet been told what exactly this movie is; it could be a direct sequel, maybe a compilation movie, maybe a short film like The Galaxy Is Calling Me. We'll have to wait and see...

Aaaaaaaand, ninja'd by Yazi88 :D

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

I'm just hoping they provide an actual solution/result to the big political issue than leaving it unresolved in the ending.