The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8, Destiny_Gundam, Kenji

pirx
Cardboard Leo Ace

Re: The Official Macross Delta Anime Thread Mk I

Post by pirx » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 am

I know that, but as far i recall - this is the first time, Megaroad-01 is mentioned again as being alive somewhere else, as in - Berger (Bilra maybe too?) implying he knows something about Megaroad-01 exact whereabouts.
Maybe next planned Macross series will show us.

SonicSP
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by SonicSP » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:50 pm

Considering how fast the turnaround is this time for the TV Series (by Macross standards) it wouldn't surprise me if they teased this of long running series info in Delta and not reveal anything just so when Macross 2018 annociement came, we'll go and discuss about it. Like a bait and switch, and then a reveal.

It's the 30th anniversary too, so expanding a long running mysterious storyline that's been there for decades might be a good thing to dig up again. I mean it's not a guarantee but who knows.
pirx wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:11 am
I know that, but as far i recall - this is the first time, Megaroad-01 is mentioned again as being alive somewhere else, as in - Berger (Bilra maybe too?) implying he knows something about Megaroad-01 exact whereabouts.
Maybe next planned Macross series will show us.
I'm getting the impression that it's the case.

Zeonista
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Zeonista » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:03 pm

azrael wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:18 pm
pirx wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:42 am
...? and that Megaroad-1 exists somewhere and made it?
It's never been said that Megaroad-01 was destroyed. Only that they lost communication.
This is true. Megaroad-01 eventually passed beyond what at that time was the limit of communications with Earth. It meant they were out of contact for decades and on their own. Which is why the colonization fleets were self-supporting entities, right? ;) It would be interesting to have a series that tied the origin and current position directly together. Then again, we could get a different story in a different part of the galaxy. But Kawamori seems to be onto something in his last couple of stories, so it would be interesting to see the next developmental wrinkle in Humanity's emulation of the ancient Protoculture.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde