The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk IV

Yeah. Plus what a feather in Gunpla's cap to say it teanscends dimensions and created ties with a whole other reality.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
kayone73

Xenosynth wrote:Wait... I have to wonder then... is there gonna be no more Gunpla Battle after this? I mean, if they destroy Arista, then the thing fueling the game is gone, and so that means Gunpla Battle would no longer work, right? The Gunpla's last shooting name would be rather appropriate.
Hence the reason for no season 2? Makes sense to me
Zeonista

I think everyone has already said what I would have said about the most excellent episode! :D AFAIK there are no announcements for a second season planned, so we will have to take what we get for now, although I am sure Bandai will continue to support it for the rest of 2014. But you never know, it might be nice to have a GBF special bit here and there among G no Reconguista & Gundam the Origin. :)

That being said, the reveal of Chairman Mashita's origin was both straightforward and as logical as this anime was going to get. It was nicely topped off by Ms. Baker's origin as well. :D Aila got the big win for unexpected use of Plavsky Newtype powers, and knocking the Exia Amazing right out of its villainous repaint was a hit worthy of a Saint Seiya episode! 8) My only complaint about Caro-chan's superbly skilled butler is that he should have been more like the head butler from They Are My Noble Masters. ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
AmuroNT1

Also, why are people assuming that breaking the giant Arista will end Gunpla Battle forever? It's not like the fragments will stop producing Plavsky Particles - the three gemstone Arista still do, and obviously they had to be cut, ground down, and polished to be turned into beads. If anything, I'm guessing breaking the crystal will just keep it from generating anything as titanic as the A Baoa Qu "field", and the remaining crystals can still be used to maintain the game, maybe even distributing them around so PPSE no longer has a monopoly.

And I was just thinking about it...can you imagine Nils' reaction when he learns that the Plavsky Particle is quite literally magic?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Raikoh

AmuroNT1 wrote:Also, why are people assuming that breaking the giant Arista will end Gunpla Battle forever? It's not like the fragments will stop producing Plavsky Particles - the three gemstone Arista still do, and obviously they had to be cut, ground down, and polished to be turned into beads.
If anything, it should be an excuse for MOAR Gunpla Battles, since breaking the giant Arista would mean that they can take the fragments and spread them all across the world, reducing the cost of shipping Plavsky Particles and making the entire process more convenient!
AmuroNT1 wrote:And I was just thinking about it...can you imagine Nils' reaction when he learns that the Plavsky Particle is quite literally magic?
He'd probably get excited. After all, they say, "sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science."
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Vent Noir

Chairman Mashita is pretty much the ultimate Loser Villain.
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Compass

Did everyone haze over the part where Miss Baker was cosplaying, and that's the reason they formed up to make Gunpla Battle? I can think of so many more hilarious outcomes had Miss Baker dressed up as...

Pokemon Battle @_@

Plavsky Particle Technology makes all animes better :lol:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
FieryBlitz

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man! Tommorrow's the big finale! Get ready for it guys! It's gonna be awesome!
Arbiter GUNDAM

I guess it's time to say goodbye... even though I don't want to....
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
latenlazy

Well that was cheesy...*CRIES*
GNRoyalFlash24

That was a satisfactory ending for a lighthearted gundam show, although the amount of open ended questions is making me long for more gunpla battles...
angelwingzero

Aw, Reiji. Why you so thick-headed?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Xenosynth

The feeeeels. Just... so many feels after that. It was a great closing in my opinion, and just... So many feels about the ending.
Spoiler
I also found Sazaki's little sis to be kinda adorable with the Gyan inspired hat xD
Raikoh

MY HEART

Highlights:
Spoiler
- Crossbone moved! Though not much. Such a tease!
- GOUF CHOKYUU HAOH DENEIDAN?!
- EXIA REPAIR!
- MEAT BUN SHIPPING INTENSIFIES - wait, in the final episode?
- I can't help but feel that Sei's kickin' white coat was a nod to Asemu
- HGBF BUILD STRIKE COSMOS WHEN
- Yo, Reiji, what's taking so long? You digging for more Arista or something?

Regardless, I still will be pounding the "season two!" drum no matter how futile it is. Or just continue the Build Fighters continuity with spinoffs and stuff? C'mon, it's too fun to just drop and say, "Okay, no more."
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Ryujin

A great wrap-up to a really fun show. All the happy endings.
Spoiler
Except for the Renato Brothers. Maybe they're outside Meijin II's hospital room, building a shrine to their idol.
Asides from all the other stuff, I knew it was going to be best end when
Spoiler
Aila was nowhere to be seen in the group shot where everyone was watching Reiji disappear.
Blazer-X

This episode... just this episode. They pulled off just about everything they could cram in into one episode.
Spoiler
Rinascita, Crossbone, and Miss Sazabi in action! Master and Perfect Gundam! GOUF! Build Mk II Build Strike combo! AND OMFG, ITS AMAZING EXIA REPAIR!!! The Exia fanboy in me totally lost it when that showed up.

And then we have the bittersweet ending. In a more serious series, Reiji would have been separated from Sei forever. But this is Build Fighters, damnit! There are no deaths and permanent consequences (even Mashita doesn't seem to be doing that bad in the ending). And for a light series like this, its exactly what we need. No need to drag out the drama more than we need to. Yes, Reiji is leaving, but its heavily implied that he can always return, as opposed to other series where that's usually left ambiguous for drama. But regardless, Sei and him still get to say their proper goodbyes before moving on.

That said, I was a little iffy on Sei suddenly becoming just as good as Reiji in Gunpla battle. Arguably even better considering that he was about to deal Yuuki the final blow, something Reiji himself never got the chance to do. I mean, yes, Episode 23 showed us Sei's potential as a fighter, but to suddenly hit Reiji's level despite having barely battled? Part of me like it because it shows Sei's growth. But the other side felt that it was kind of shoe-horned in to fill the gap for Sei's dependence on Reiji now that he's leaving. Well, no need to be that critical of a light-hearted series, I guess.

And of course, the final moment in Arian is arguably one of my favorite. The whole time Sei and Reiji were saying goodbye, I was wondering "BUT WHAT ABOUT AILA!? NOOO, DON'T LEAVE HER BEHIND! AT LEAST LET HER SAY GOODBYE!" Cue her handing Reiji's Beginning Gundam back to him... in Arian! Yes, I do believe Arian just got a new Princess.
This is easily one of the most fun Gundam series I've watched in a while. The story writing was pretty amazing (A-MEIJIN!). Despite a bit of over-simplifications here and there (like Sei's sudden mountain of skills), it really did a good job portraying the main characters' growth. The battles were well-animated and choreographed. And of course, the romance made some of the best written couples in Gundam history.

I certainly would not mind if Sunrise revisits the series at a later time, although a part of me does wonder: With the way they left things off for Sei, is there still any more left for him to grow?
BrentD15

Blazer-X wrote:I certainly would not mind if Sunrise revisits the series at a later time, although a part of me does wonder: With the way they left things off for Sei, is there still any more left for him to grow?
Spoiler
If not him, then a new rising star. :mrgreen:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Zeonista

angelwingzero wrote:Aw, Reiji. Why you so thick-headed?
Because he is a teenager and therefore mixed up about his feelings! :D
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
ZeonsSilverStar

Well this episode provided a few surprises.
Spoiler
I figured that the crystal would be destroyed a group last shooting but as we saw that was not the case.

I didn't think we'd see the Crossbone Maoh in action but once again I was wrong. Of course it's entrance still isn't enough to get me to buy one. I'll spend my money on an actual HG Crossbone thank you.

Totally didn't expected to see Ral and Chinan to show up but they proved that age really is nothing but a number. Now seeing Tatsuya and Takeshi was just icing on the cake. I'm not the excitable type but I nearly lost when the Amazing Repair showed up.

Naturally with the show being what it is the Plavsky particle problem was solved and now future generations can enjoy toy battling thanks in small part to Nils.

I really don't know how to feel about Sei's sudden increase in skill. It's cool that he doesn't need Reiji to fight for him anymore but it just feels like it happened so fast. Whatever. I guess I also have to accept that Sei is better than Tatsuya.
I'm not going to lie and say the GBF is my favorite series or that I'm super in love with it but I enjoyed it for the most part.
Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?'' Xigbar
Xenosynth

Spoiler
Also, it seems like I was technically right about the plavsky particles disappearing, because from what I can see, it seems they had to apparently be re-invented by Nils on the ISS, haha. And as silly as it might seem, I still really liked the whole 'You had the ability all along' message that was shown with Sei, as corny as it was.

Also, I like how they snuck in more 00 S2. The unit Chinan has at the end, has Susanowo legs (Btw, both of those units are based on another Breaker contest, I am 95% sure. I think it was one of the that was done by a magazine staff or something though, but that Qubeley based one looks especially familiar, and same with the wrong head size Dom, if I find a link I'll provide it.