Advance of Zeta - Reboot

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

Advance of Zeta - Reboot

For those who are interested, the latest teaser image for Dengeki Hobby Magazine has a shot of the cover in which A.O.Z再起動 is see. The January issue goes on sale in a couple of days so it'll be interesting to see what they have to say about it.
Zeonista

Re: Advance of Zeta - Reboot

I await word of your review with more than a little interest. AoZ stories have had some interesting action & MS.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
AmuroNT1

I assume "Reboot" is just the subtitle, and not a description of what they're doing, right?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deacon Blues

Well that yielded nothing we didn't already know...

A timeline. Wooooo~!
bilbros

As reported on the Gundam.info website (http://www.gundam.info/topic/9757) the story is settled on Mars, during U.C 0091. Here the old TR project will continue!
Mythgarr

UC 0091? in Mars?
Is TR an Anaheim project or SNRI or someone else?
Visit The Dreams
bilbros

Originarily it was a Titans project, developed mainly on Konpeitoh.
It's still unclear who is continuing it in this new A.O.Z....maybe Titans remnants? 8)
Zeonista

The featured MS is the RX-124 Gundam TR-6 Woundwort/Inle, featuring a beam machine gun. Looks like the Hazel series has come up in the world, with a proper RX-sequence title and all. :)

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I just read gundam f90 which is in mars

wonder how they will fit this with the mars zeon(or have the mars zeon not arrived yet on olympus mons)?
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Deacon Blues

The latest info from the magazine scans:

U.C.0090 SSD Project

Following the war, the Hazel was recovered by the AEUG and brought to the SSD where its superb versatility is kept alive through reuse in the development base of the fourth generation new models. Thus, it leads to the birth of the "ZZZ Unit", the defense unit of the SSD. The evolution of the Hazel is helped along by the AEUG which was initially an enemy, thus reincarnating it again as a "new Hazel."
Deacon Blues

So sleepy and unable to translate... but I'm bumping this for the first part of information:

"Kenki Fujioka x Gundam Official Sidestory Re-Boot"

STORY

U.C.0088. The Gryps War concludes. With the collapse of the Titans, soldiers face countless circumstances: return to the Federation, link up with the Zeon remnants, or be executed by the pride in their hearts. Although the Titans should have protected to Earth Sphere, the feelings of guilt resulting from the war and the reality of becoming the enemy continues to torment them. Just what was the point of their struggle? One year following the end of the war, a lone mobile suit was about to activate on Mars, a place far removed from the Earth Sphere. The ghost of the Titans, the TR-6, appeared on Mars. Through its existence, their struggles would be called into question.

PLAN OUTLINE

Advance of Zeta: a story wrote from the viewpoint of the Titans from the Delaz Conflict until the conclusion of the Gryps War with new MS designs. Its official sequal finally starts! Kenji Fujioka, who handled the Hazel and Woundwort, takes charge of the mechanic and character designs.

MECHANIC

The TR series formed the core of the story and following the collapse of the Titans, modifications and research was conducted on the data and units obtained by each military camp for their own original use.

RX-123 El-Ahrairah (tentative)

Successor of the TR-1 Hazel via a completely new design as required by SSD deployment. It falls into the hands of the AEUG and becomes the archetype of the ZZZ Gundam unit.

Mars Zeon Captured TR-6 (tentative)

Much like the Re-Hyze, this is a TR-6 captured by Zeon remnants. Revamped in accordance of the organizations doctrine, it is equipped with original weaponry and its manner of operation seemed to be established.

ARX-124R Re-Hyze {Whatever the spelling will be} (tentative)

A refit unit of the captured Hyzenthlay by the Zeon remnants based on Mars. The units color in addition to the change in the armor shape is a red lineage.
Zeonista

You know, I did a F91-era mini campaign for MEKTON Zeta that used Martian Zeons as a feature about 9 years ago. Now the franchise has caught up with me! :lol: I am interested in this story now, since the UC universe beyond Earth Sphere has been rather sparsely treated. This time Mars does not need women, judging from the Ple-type featured with the red Hyzenthlay in some other artwork. The text of that first paragraph would convince me it was a sincere UC story through its verbiage alone. :D Kenji Fujioka made some interesting MS for AOZ, I'm glad he gets to shine with new designs this time instead of Zeta neo-MSV.

Jaeger

Ok, so which unit is this one? I'm guessing it's the Mars Zeon Captured TR-6?

And the Re-Hazel is this unit?

http://i.imgbox.com/43GSk1BO.jpg
http://i.imgbox.com/aESxtc9S.jpg
bilbros

The first image you linked to is the ARX-124R Re-Hyze, whereas the other two pictures are a form of the Mars Zeon Captured TR-6 (more in particular a Keehaar II configuration) 8)
Deacon Blues

Allow me to chime in with some what the bloody frak-ery for the Reboot:

- U.C.0091
- Alethea Zabi. Re-Zeon supreme commander. Advocate of female supremacy
- Although aware of Char's assembling of an army, the Inre opposes participating in the war and mainly protects Mars.
- Alice Bodyguards: Cyber Newtype clones. Including Cynthia there are 8 others.
- Diana: One of the Cyber Newtype clones. Referred to as a defective sister. She is really a he.

Random ZZ tidbit:

Director Tomino (a la B-Club 15 and Animedia's ZZ Part 2) says:

- Glemmy is a child of Gihren and Newtype Woman A
- Ple and Ple Two are artificial/unnatural twins from Gihren and Newtype Woman B

So technically the Ple clones are Glemmy's "sisters" 0_o; albeit with a different mother haha.

Take that interview as you would like :P

Backstory of FUN! (not really):

The first Neo Zeon war ended with the death of Haman Karn and the Zeon remnants power in the Earth Sphere diminished greatly. However, there were remnants outside the Earth Sphere as well. One of them was a group led by Alethea Zabi who fled for Mars.

The girls built up their power by taking in Titans which left the Earth Sphere following the end of the Gryps War. Alethea strives toward a revival of an ideal Zeon nation on Mars. Yet within the Re-Zeon, a sect was secretly planning a return to the Earth Sphere. Re-Zeon, however, was not a monolith. Although the remnants strength was firmly tied to Alethea as a leader, the Titan deserters they linked up with afterward held discontent for being a subordinate to Zeon and Alethea and the others. In addition to this, the pent-up feelings of some citizens forced to live a severe lifestyle on Mars band together and a riot breaks out in an old town. However, this riot was merely the beginning of a much bigger case involving the Inre that shook the Earth Sphere.
AmuroNT1

Deacon Blues wrote:Director Tomino (a la B-Club 15 and Animedia's ZZ Part 2) says:

- Glemmy is a child of Gihren and Newtype Woman A
- Ple and Ple Two are artificial/unnatural twins from Gihren and Newtype Woman B

So technically the Ple clones are Glemmy's "sisters" 0_o; albeit with a different mother haha.

Take that interview as you would like :P
So those parts late in ZZ where Ple-Two acts semi-romantic towards Glemmy have gone from being mildly creepy due to her age to being EXTREMELY creepy due to her age AND her being his half-sister?

Yeah, I'll gladly join you in WTF-ery.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
balofo

Glemy becoming important is just a side effect of CCA being green lit...

Daily reminder you'll never see the original plans for ZZ and will have to live with the crappy version we got.
ShadowCell

there's another Zabi running around? wtf mate
Deacon Blues

I'm venturing to guess her name is just a cover... just to bring the people together.

Her name could also be rendered as Alice, but I chose the alternate spelling of the kana because, well, they have weird names.

Edit: then again, a page spread does read Alice so... Alice Zabi it is!