The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Compass

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mark II

So... Yuuki is becoming the new Team Rocket leader, right? Seriously, the undertones in this are super-subtle... maybe it's like The Last Starfighter where fighters are selected to become pilots in some intergalactic war D:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Chris
Administrator

Gundam420 wrote:There is an Apsalus III. It comes the old 1/144 HG GM Sniper from 08th MS Team. I forget which scale it is.
I have that kit, and Apsalus is at a really tiny scale that would only work for forced perspective dioramas. It would be useless for Gunpla Battle.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
BrentD15

Chris wrote:
Gundam420 wrote:There is an Apsalus III. It comes the old 1/144 HG GM Sniper from 08th MS Team. I forget which scale it is.
I have that kit, and Apsalus is at a really tiny scale that would only work for forced perspective dioramas. It would be useless for Gunpla Battle.
I wonder if Mobile Armors would be upscaled properly, unlike in Gunpla Builders. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
GX9900-Gundam-X

Well look at all the kits that exist in universe already like Lumber gundam and Shy-tarn things we don't have in the proper universe we live in the "Gunpla boom" caused by the Gunpla battles may given such popularity that a great deal more kits were made including mobile armors (I am certain they have regulations however) so like a few other things it may just be a includence that we just dont have
When life gives you lemons YOU HIT LIFE IN THE FACE WITH A ZANKANTOU
HellCat

Yeah, I was gonna say. Anyone seriously into the hobby would have had a ton of 'Ooh, there's not really a kit of that' reactions at this point. As said it seems the subtext is the hype that pushed Gunpla into a global craze means pretty much every mecha has a decent HG quality kit at this point.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Dark Duel

You know, I'm just a little upset that in its début episode, we barely got even a split-secong glimpse of the Build Gundam MkII in combat. I've been looking forward to that since the design was originally revealed, and I'm kinda peeved.
Instead, we get Gyandere the loser rival with a somewhat uninspired (if hilariously named) gold Gyan dual-wielding shields getting LOLStomped by the Build Strike, though it is nice that it actually look a beating because Reiji was way too overconfident. I could've gone without that in favor of instead seeing the Build MkII show us what it's capable of.

On the other hand, the last duel (for now) between Reiji/Sei and Tatsuya Yuuki was friggin' epic. I haven't been this psyched for a duel or enjoyed watching one this much since first seeing Operation Angel Down, all those years ago.

But for me, the best part of the entire episode was the Kousaka/Sei scene, made even more enjoyable by Rinko's hilarious antics.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
HellCat

I think what they did with the lead kit works ok. The whole theme seemed to be of giving us some closure for now on the rivalry with Yuuki and part of that is taking Build Strike off the table for now. I think this is Kuroda's way of doing it. Rather than just say 'Yay, new Gundam, let's ignore the one we've been rooting for all this time!' he likes to give the existing hero a true send off and cap it with 'Don't worry, there's another sword for our hero to wield'. I poo pooed Build Mk-II alot pre show but the introduction they gave it this week has taken the chill off somewhat.

I'm certainly preferring it to the uneven use AGE made of the Wears.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
halo1000

Chris wrote:
Or really useful. At that scale, who's gonna be able to hit it?
AGF-Antoine

GX9900-Gundam-X wrote:Well look at all the kits that exist in universe already like Lumber gundam and Shy-tarn
Shy-Tarn actually does have a model.

But yes, I am very curious about what scale the Apsalus III will be.
But to be honest, I don't like the overkill of units that don't even have models.

I would like it if they animated the non-animated (obscure) MS that do have models.
Like Xeku-Eins, Hyperion Gundam, Full Armor Gundam 7th, Gundam Astraea or G-Xiphos for example.
Of the ones without models I would like to see Mudrock though.

I do wonder about the Tallgeese shown in the OP, it seems to have the proportions of the MG.

AGF-Antoine
Last edited by AGF-Antoine on Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gundam420

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already, but all this talk of mobile armors makes me wonder about the larger HG's. I mean it was one thing when the Dendrobium Orchis showed up in Gunpla Builders, that was virtual. But since kits here actually do get wrecked, I doubt anyone would throw in their uber-expensive Psycho Gundam, Meteor Unit, GN Arms, etc., and blow all that cash, unless the player was ridiculously powerful or skilled enough that they'd hardly receive any damage. And if they could be used, does that mean they require special units to be used in?
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Gundam420

Chris wrote:
Unless perhaps it was heavily customized. That seems to be a running theme in this show.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
G-Slayer
Location: In the fridge, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw.

The Big Zam from Gunpla Builders packed a wallop, and it was only 1/550.
"That's it! I'll never Gundam the pilot again, Bright!"--Amuro Ray

My YouTube Channel!

My Photobucket Album!

My Gunpla Blog!
bullethead

Gundam420 wrote:
Chris wrote:
Unless perhaps it was heavily customized. That seems to be a running theme in this show.
Maybe it's a 3D printed scratchbuild or something?
YokozunaBulldozer

Chris wrote: I have that kit, and Apsalus is at a really tiny scale that would only work for forced perspective dioramas. It would be useless for Gunpla Battle.
It could work well as a nice combat-ready football that just happens to have a mega particle cannon installed. :D
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
M-308 Gunner

Been a while since I commented, so here are some stray thoughts on the last three episodes:

Ep. 4: Loved the commentary on otaku/idol culture but I was sorta disappointed that it came at the expense of a potential female character; however, I could actually see Kirara redeeming herself in the future. I don't think she will be limited to one-off. In typical shonen fashion she could become a villain-turned-ally.

Ep. 5: The Sei vs. Mao bedroom battle was hilarious. I loved how the other characters stood there confused and Ral shows up out of nowhere to explain what's going on.

Ep. 6: Felt like an arc-ending episode and had lots of great moments. The Sei v. Yuuki battle indeed reminded me strongly of 0083, only without the head-scratching character development. Sei's mom watching him and China building was ridiculously adorable. And Gyan Gya Gyan just rocked. (Someone on tumblr said he hopes Sazaki just keeps upgrading the Gyan until it gets to Devil Gundam tier. I'm thinking this giant turtle shell made of Gyan shields with the little Gyan head poking out of the front...)

Overall, this show just keeps getting better. I really want to build the Zaku Amazing kit now.

Oh, and to the guy who posted the BF opening with the Dragonar theme superimposed: That was awesome.
Compass

In the post-credits model ads, I noticed that both the Build Booster and the Amazing Booster have been shown, but a white cutout of 3 boosters seems to be slated for the series. Wondering if any have been spotted yet or if we're going to be seeing completely unique boosters (perhaps a close-combat type or pod-type) in the series?
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
M-308 Gunner

Compass wrote:In the post-credits model ads, I noticed that both the Build Booster and the Amazing Booster have been shown, but a white cutout of 3 boosters seems to be slated for the series. Wondering if any have been spotted yet or if we're going to be seeing completely unique boosters (perhaps a close-combat type or pod-type) in the series?
Can the additional parts on the MK-II turn into a booster, maybe? Kinda like the G-Defenser?
iguanaman8989

M-308 Gunner wrote:Can the additional parts on the MK-II turn into a booster, maybe? Kinda like the G-Defenser?
Yes it does. It has it's own little removable cockpit component. For the Build MK-II kit itself, it has a special polycap in the backpack to attach to, but it also comes with a part to plug into the regular HGUC MK-II's backpack, using the slot that the G-Defenser attaches to.
Mythgarr

iguanaman8989 wrote:
M-308 Gunner wrote:Can the additional parts on the MK-II turn into a booster, maybe? Kinda like the G-Defenser?
Yes it does. It has it's own little removable cockpit component. For the Build MK-II kit itself, it has a special polycap in the backpack to attach to, but it also comes with a part to plug into the regular HGUC MK-II's backpack, using the slot that the G-Defenser attaches to.
I wonder if the actual use for the Build Mk.II Booster is as core fighter and if we have MG, the cockpit would actually be the booster cockpit inserted into the torso.
Visit The Dreams
Zeonista

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Strike Zero wrote:EDIT: Ya know, a weird yet slightly plausible thought just crossed my mind:
Spoiler
What if China IS Kirara? Like, in her free time she dons a wig and goes around performing on stage with a tube top? That would be crazy. :shock:
This was suggested before, and I highly doubt it. Her unfamiliarity with gunpla is shown to be pretty genuine in this episode, so her doubling as a 'gunpla idol' (I assume a 'gunpla idol' is familiar with gunpla) is unlikely.
Did anyone else get a vibe that Kirara is the unholy fusion of Meer Campbell and Cima Garahou? I do hope she decides to get serious about the game and return with her own MS model to truly enjoy competing and winning without cheating.
It did a fine job fleshing out China, though. Her becoming interested in gunpla felt pretty natural.
It was natural interest born out of curiosity, and a little cute as well.
The old MS dude club is equally funny and saddening. Both because it would totally happen in real life. Hell, it probably already exists. Bunch of old guys, being all proud that they were fans before it was cool, getting all pissy at some kid for never building a gunpla before, cosplaying and seiging. You know people do this.
Fuck yeah we do! :lol: (What, you were expecting me to contradict you on that? :D )
But really, that's part of the fun of GBF. All the fans take a bit of ribbing, but then it's an acknowledgement of the travails and joys of Gundam fandom. There are lots of kewl MS kitbashes from all the shows being featured, I expect everyone here will have a momentary flash of self-recognition at some point.
As for Reiji's story, I have no reason to think he's lying.
I agree, it is probably 100% truth. After all, how many heroes in the classic Eighties stories were royalty or something like it? ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde