Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

I just had to open a topic to discuss the awesomeness of this manga. This along GOL, BD and Ghost are the only worthwhile current mangas on Gundam Ace. This is how you do a retell: more backstory, more action, more MSV, more Ace X Ace fights, fixing the originals mistakes/plotholes, etc. Z Define is the opposite, nothing can save that one.

Cool things that already happened:
-Backstory of Kou's academy time. Torrington arrival and training.
-Cima attacking the Albion as it heads to the moon to collect the 2 GP series MSes.
-Gato singlehandedly kicking Bate, Adel and Monsha's asses(all using GM Customs) riding his custom HM Zaku from MSV-R using Garden of Thorn's debris and hidden weapon caches.
-Flashback to 01/0080 when the Zeon forces that fled A Baoa Qu meet to discuss what to do. Cima is denied entry to Axis then she sorties in her Custom Gelgoog Marine and has a short skirmish with Gato riding the elusive Dom Funf.

This is shaping up to be one the BEST Gundam mangas ever. And I don't even like the 0083's story and characters :D
toysdream

Re: Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

Ooh, sounds fun! So in the 0080 sequence, does Gato actually get to use Delaz's custom Dom?

-- Mark
Zeino

So basically Gundam 0083: The Origin? Well if any of the UC OVAs needed a retelling it was 0083. Maybe Operation Stardust will make sense this time around and the infamous Kou-Nina-Gato love triangle won't appear out of nowhere.
HellCat

Ace seems to be systematically going through each of the animated Gundam works and giving them this treatment to varying degrees of quality. I wonder if we'll see them try for ZZ when Zeta Define eventually ends?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Zeino

HellCat wrote:Ace seems to be systematically going through each of the animated Gundam works and giving them this treatment to varying degrees of quality. I wonder if we'll see them try for ZZ when Zeta Define eventually ends?

I think F91 and Victory could also use the Origin treatment as they have a ton of backstroy that was not mentioned in the anime versions to be expanded upon. Also has Seed got an Origin manga retelling yet?
HellCat

Zeino wrote:
HellCat wrote:Ace seems to be systematically going through each of the animated Gundam works and giving them this treatment to varying degrees of quality. I wonder if we'll see them try for ZZ when Zeta Define eventually ends?

I think F91 and Victory could also use the Origin treatment as they have a ton of backstroy that was not mentioned in the anime versions to be expanded upon. Also has Seed got an Origin manga retelling yet?
SEED has SEED Re: which launched on the back of the hype for the HD re-release. As far as I'm aware what has seen the treatment thus far-

MSG
08th MS
Zeta
G
Wing
SEED

Unicorn kind of counts since the manga is intentionally picking where it feels the novels or the animation did better and as a partial result is only up to the debut of the Banshee.
Deacon Blues

Haha batch release coming soon.

The manga is pretty cool. Characters are a little weird. So far we've had a nod to a character appearing in the Lunga Sea Battle radio drama so that was cool.
balofo

The GP01FB's Long Beam Rifle and the GP02's Beam Bazooka have a high chance of appearing here. Also expect the Gerbera Tetra to see more action.
Deacon Blues

^ Speculative at best. This story could be wrapped up very quickly. Heck, Iron Mustang only lasted a year... I have hopes for this manga, but... meh. Who knows.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:^ Speculative at best. This story could be wrapped up very quickly. Heck, Iron Mustang only lasted a year... I have hopes for this manga, but... meh. Who knows.
I'm quite optimist about it, hoping we have some years of more awesome content
HellCat

Gato does not do sightseeing. He OWNS sightseeing.
Deacon Blues

HellCat wrote:Gato does not do sightseeing. He OWNS sightseeing.
Um... what? If you're referring to the fact that he's attempting to say sightseeing in English, yeah...

That was a bit of an odd part of the comic book. Not sure why they threw that in there. It's almost like Earth dwellers speak a different language lol.
HellCat

It's the intense way he does it which seems intentionally played for comedy. We're not used to seeing Gato used that way, so it's a nice change.
Zeonista

Well damn, this sounds like an excellent manga. I will definitely be on the lookout for it!
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
balofo

It keeps getting better, the recently shown Full Armor GP01 makes an appearance. Could make an interesting first battle with Gato now.

http://i.imgur.com/8SNSvxU.jpg
AmuroNT1

There was a Full Armor GP01 back in the Gundam Weapons series. I dunno if that's the same thing tho, since I can't seem to find any images of the Weapons version.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Zeonista

balofo wrote:It keeps getting better, the recently shown Full Armor GP01 makes an appearance. Could make an interesting first battle with Gato now.

http://i.imgur.com/8SNSvxU.jpg
Heh, makes it look like Powered GM or GM Cannon II, which is not necessarily a bad thing! :) The added armor would definitely help Kou survive his initial battle, and help him start early in his career of getting expensive machinery destroyed in combat. :)

HellCat: You are correct, Gato owns sightseeing, just like he owns at everything else. 8)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
balofo

http://i.imgur.com/UtW4rlp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/y5vRFBy.jpg

The FA GP01 is actually Chobam Armor used to protect the unit from the electromagnetic waves from the GP02 nuke test that was supposed to take place.

Also the manga makes it clear that Nina couldn't recognize Gato boarding the GP02 since his back was turned to her.
Deacon Blues

For those interested in this particular story:

- The Komusai lands at the rendez-vous point for Gato. Nearby is a Zaku I Sniper.
- Synapse orders Morris to call up any friendlies in the area. A nearby airborne unit launches 4 Gunperry craft from an aircraft carrier nearby.
- Burning team is looking for Gato. Uraki asks about Karcs. Keith tells him they enemy got him.
- Gato is getting onto the Komusai.
- Kalent team locates the Komusai.
- The enemy discovers them, attacks.
- 4 Gunperry craft drop six GM Night Seeker II's.
- Zaku I Sniper engages. Xamel's cannon is cut off by one of the GM's. Komusai comes under heavy fire
- Kalent team is caught in the storm of beam rifle fire unaware that they were called in.
- Zaku I Sniper is taken out by a GM Sniper on board one of the Gunperry (which type I have no idea)
- Komusai cockpit is taken out. Gato is alarmed, inquires about whether they can take off
- A beam suddenly melts through the Komusai. It explodes.
- Gato appears outside, clearly pissed. He engages the Night Seeker units (which are shocked).
- Burning tries hailing the Kalent team. No response. The team arrives to see Gato tearing them a new one.
balofo

confirmed for god tier gundam manga along GOL and BD. This is how you retell stories.

Can't wait for GP02 using the Beam Bazooka and Cima actually fighting with the Gerbera.