Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Re: Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

Deacon, is there any lineart from GA in the volumes? It doesn't seem so...
Deacon Blues

No, which is strange... normally there is some sort of lineart in the volumes but I guess the storytelling is running too long as we have four volumes and none. :/
Zeonista

Deacon Blues wrote: Orville: W-what's this? Aren't you a Zeon?"

Man: Unfortuntely I'm not. I'm what you would call a "business partner." You see, the higher ups are angry because you blabbed information to the Feddies, which will effect future business.

Orville: T-that's...

Man: By the way, your boss seems pretty angry too. So, how much did you tell them?
Man: Well, that's unfortunate to hear. Maybe you misunderstood me?

Orville: Huh?

Man: You see, we don't care what really happens to the Federation. I was talking about business! I don't know whether the Zeon will continue or stop fighting the Federation. But it's just not good for the supply of diamonds to be interrupted! Not good at all! You did it, Blau Engel.

Dick: Phew. But... if what they said earlier was true... things will be real bad...
Yes Dicky boy, they will be bad... I remember taking a lot of flack by certain members a few years back in the course of the Unicorn #4 OAV discussion, when I stated that certain people on Earth would voluntarily assist and interact with Zeon Remnants in despite of the EUG. Never mind the argument of ideologies, or the rights of Newtypes, the business of Business is, well business. If doing business means equitable (and untaxed) dealings with Zeons forces that doesn't result in a battle between Zeons and Feddies, well, that's alright! Orville really screwed up whatever deal was in place, and so he became a problem. The EUG doesn't really seem to cultivate a particularly strong inter-nationalist loyalty in the body public, and so these sorts of deals go down whenever they become advantageous.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
domino

So cool. I wonder how it's powering the Apsalus' mega particle cannon though - probably a much lower output
AmuroNT1

Eh, call me a wet blanket, but I'm not really down with this idea. It just reminds me of Mark's half-joking remark about how the smaller a Zeon faction gets, the more likely it is to have rare and expensive tech. The Adzam part is fine, but where on Earth did they get parts from the Apsaras III (and it's got to be the 3, because those are its legs)? And for that matter, why even do this kind of crazy kitbash in the first place?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
PowerdGNFlag

AmuroNT1 wrote:Eh, call me a wet blanket, but I'm not really down with this idea. It just reminds me of Mark's half-joking remark about how the smaller a Zeon faction gets, the more likely it is to have rare and expensive tech. The Adzam part is fine, but where on Earth did they get parts from the Apsaras III (and it's got to be the 3, because those are its legs)? And for that matter, why even do this kind of crazy kitbash in the first place?
I actually would have been okay with kitbashing a large MP cannon to the Adzam (heavy firepower being expected from an OYW MA, which the Adzam lacks), but like Amuro here I have a problem with the use of the Apsalus parts. I would accept it a *wee* bit easier if they were based in the Asia area close to where all the Apsalus material were (the wrecks of the units themselves and data that may be recovered from the base), but I cannot simply accept that Bitter's band of Zeon remnants transported the hulk of a battleship-sized mobile armor from the SE Asia area to South Africa only to make a UC ripoff of the Gells-Ghe!

This manga has usually impressed me with the mecha references they put in the story, but this one really disappoints, and I hope that this is not a sign of things to come.
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
Zeonista

balofo wrote:Adzam+Apsalus+Zaku I piloted by Bitter

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/a081fa4egw ... 15oavj.jpg
Well, that's a different looking MA than we usually get in-story for something that is not a console or handheld game. It's OK by me though, since a Frankenzeon MA is just a powered-up version of a Zakutank. Even though it looks like a guest star for the next team to face the Try Fighters. :lol: Waste not, want not, and if one can get hold of some off-market Zeon parts that fell off a freighter from SE Asia.... As I recall from the final moments of the Shuddering Mountain battle, the big explosion happened off-screen, but somehow did not turn Aina & Shiro into manwich inside the Ez8 cockpit. So it seems likely that enough large pieces of the Apsaras III survived the blast, and were salvaged by someone who cared a lot more about South African diamonds than the motives of people who were buying them. Gotta love the black market, it facilitates so many plot development points. :wink:

So much for structural integrity of the MA thereof; the story-pacing integrity is the difficult part for me here. Partially because of Bitter Force's last hurrah so vividly depicted in OAV episode #4, and because of the sudden appearance of Mobile Armors in space later on. Any UC story with a Zeon plot element is going to trot out the "Spirit of Zeon" boilerplate, believe it! But Bitter's force with their out-of-the-box Doms and Zakus walk the talk, holding the Albion force to a Pyrrhic victory and coming within a single beam rifle shot of crippling the cruiser for a victory on points, as we say in tabletop wargaming. Now, giving Bitter Force a MA gives them more than a long shot of Feddy-stomping, but that's not the point of the engagement from the story side, not the point build allotment. It takes something away from the fight, both from the ZMF's final stand and Kou stepping forward as the one guy who isn't wrong-footed by an unplanned encounter with a determined enemy.

For the second part, putting in a jury-rigged MA at this point in the story as a sudden antagonist steals the thunder out of the Von Braun story arc, and unduly foreshadows the Neue Ziel. Yeah, yeah, we already know that Kou & friends have to face the Rock Lobster and the Green Hulk eventually, But it seems to dilute the moment in the story of "Kelly's building a what?!! :shock: " that occurs later on, plus the awesome revelation of the Neue Ziel giving Delaz Fleet way more firepower than it was supposed to have. The unexpected surprise of a working MA gets undercut some, and no doubt will make us all wonder for the manga why the EFSF doesn't put a BOLO announcement for Mobile Armors in the orders for the Grand Review.
Last edited by Zeonista on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Ferrus_Manus

I think you meant Bitter (the Zeon guy) and not Burning (the Federation guy).
Iron in Mind. Iron in Body
Zeonista

Ferrus_Manus wrote:I think you meant Bitter (the Zeon guy) and not Burning (the Federation guy).
Those in charge of editing the post have been sacked.

PowerdGNFlag

Was this a cliffhanger or what?
Well, I guess I'm a nobody...
domino

domino wrote:So cool. I wonder how it's powering the Apsalus' mega particle cannon though - probably a much lower output
Well that answers my question about powering the cannon. Perhaps this is how Allen kicks the bullet. Highly unlikely that the Albion will be shot down
Massignifico

Who cares if a manga adaptation features some crazy ma that doesn't make much sense storywise? I think that's a cool idea
domino

It's certainly more interesting than a bunch of late-type Zaku IIs giving hell to Special Forces Feddies piloting high-performance GMs
Massignifico

Now that I think about it this scenario surely makes the feds look less like incompetents: not being able to shot down two big and slow ms who jumps just in front of your AA guns its worse than being attacked by an improbable conglomeration of old MAs who no one knew about.
ShadowCell

sure must suck being the Zeon remnants' accountant, though

"um sir about these numbers--"
"WE WILL BUILD ANOTHER MONSTROUS MOBILE ARMOR"
"well yes about that--"
"IT WILL BE MADE WITH APSALUS PARTS"
"sir the shipping costs alone--"
"ALSO ADZAM"
"sir where will we even find--"
"WE WILL HAVE A PIECE OF ZAKU ON IT"
"please sir--"
"IT WILL BE A SYMBOL OF ZEON"
"well yes i guess so sir"
Massignifico

But Zeon remnants have unlimited funds
AmuroNT1

It's not unlimited. Mark's Law says that the size of a Zeon rebel group is inversely proportional to their budget and their access to rare and powerful technology.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Massignifico

And they must have some exotic machines