Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Re: Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga

Have we had the bit with Orville escaping in a Core Fighter yet? If not, wouldn't surprise me if they make his escape a bit grander this time and have him found out trying to get the new parts to Gato.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

Nope we're in the part the Immortals join the Albion to begin the search.
Gelgoog Jager

So, does the Torrington Base has any other MS besides a few MS-06F2's, several RGM-79C's and about 3 Powered GM's?

Also, any indication of whether the Komusai II may be meant to carry more than one regular size MS? This is something that a have never been able to confirm, despite being a likely possibility.
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:Nope we're in the part the Immortals join the Albion to begin the search.
Except we aren't... They don't join the Albion before they head to Africa.
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:
balofo wrote:Nope we're in the part the Immortals join the Albion to begin the search.
Except we aren't... They don't join the Albion before they head to Africa.
No duel for the GP01? No Monsha antics? They should hire the ones responsible for this manga to do all the future manga retellings :)

Maybe they introduced the G-Armor so Orville takes it instead of the Core Fighter II
Deacon Blues

Hard to believe it has been over a year since this manga started...

Alice Miller arrives at the Torrington Base complaining that it's muggy out despite it being winter. Her subordinate informs her that the are in the southern hemisphere and it is summer for them.

On board the Albion, she is meeting with Synapse and Burning regarding the attack the night before. The Intelligence Bureau is investigating everything, right up to Admiral Kowen's involvement in starting the project with Anaheim. It's a bit too convenient for them to land in Australia, get access to the nuke, load it and then have it stolen just like that. Synapse is a bit peeved thinking that she is accusing them of having someone who is leading Zeon right to them. She explains that is what the investigation is for. Burning wants to know why he is there and Synapse tells him he is taking command of the MS Squad that will be giving pursuit. His pilots will form the team.

Meanwhile, back at the bombed out living quarters, Allen and Uraki are visiting Karcs room to gather his belongings. Allen goes off on Uraki telling him to give him the Gundam and that the only reason why he survived is because of the Gundams abilities. Just as Kou is about to rebut, Keith bursts in to tell them they've been called to a briefing on the Albion.

Meanwhile, Gato is on the sub and they decide on heading to Africa to get to space.

Kowen contacts the Albion regarding the anticipated route of the submarine. He tells them to go after Unit 2 and recover it.

In the briefing room Alice begins her inquiry. She tells them that she wants to confirm their combat report and comm logs. She is particularly interested in the data pertaining to Gato and what his anticipated moves would be. Uraki asks if they're giving pursuit, so Alice spins the inquiry around and starts asking him questions: like what did he feel when he was fighting him. Uraki feels that it was a strong conviction, so she asks what Gato's strength is. Uraki is unsure. The inquiry continues before Alice turns it over to Burning. Burning tells them they've been assigned to the Albion for pursuit and that Uraki will continue to pilot Unit 1. Allen has an outburst regarding it and Burning shuts him up by telling him it is because of his previous battle data.

Meanwhile in the hanger, Tanya Chermoshanskaya (longest name for a Gundam character ever) is reviewing Gundam data, much to the chagrin of Nina. Taniya tries waving a civilian Nina off the ship by saying they're going into battle soon. Nina asserts her ground by saying the Gundams are her responsibility and that she is staying behind. Mora pops up and Tanya is just like "HUGE WOMAN!" and introduces herself.

The story ends with the Albion setting off for Africa.
balofo

How will Allen die? Place your bets!
AmuroNT1

So Miller's purpose is to question all the plot holes in the original script?

Suddenly I love this woman.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
HellCat

AmuroNT1 wrote:So Miller's purpose is to question all the plot holes in the original script?

Suddenly I love this woman.
This.

As someone who has never really been convinced we needed 0083 to explain the Titans, I welcome the Federation doing more than just saying 'Well, the enemy has stolen a state of the art nuclear weapon that could wipe HQ off the map.....good luck with that'.

Plus nice to have an Ace manga that doesn't make me assume the creator had comprising photos of the editor to get it published.
domino

Miller's inclusion is cool since it will tie-in with the eventual court-martial (which was kinda WTF given how everything else was brushed over)

I suspect Allen will die while protecting Kou (or because of Kou) in true manga fashion. Question is if he'll die before or after the Immortals arrive.
Deacon Blues

I just downloaded the Kindle version of Volume 3 and there's a short story in the back of it. Matt Healy
and Noel Anderson make appearances. As Noel is traveling through the desert, she's listening to a news broadcast regarding the Torrington Base attack. The reporter says there hasn't been any official word on the matter from the Federation. She finds Matt staring out over the wasteland of the colony drop. Matt, interestingly enough, is no longer a soldier.

Matt tells her that after he was discharged, he saw various war-torn places. As he's spouting on about things being done by man, Noel breaks down and says she cannot leave the military because her father is a soldier and that her dream is to become a great soldier just like he is. As the story closes, we learn that Admiral Kowen was searching for Healy and that he sent Noel to bring him back...
Calubin_175

I think that is the reason why they reissued 2 volumes of LWC under Rebellion. So far most Natsumoto works(Space the End of Flash, Gundam Legacy) have referred back to LWC in some way. I am not sure about Iron Mustang and 0081 Senki though.
doghunter1

HellCat wrote:
Plus nice to have an Ace manga that doesn't make me assume the creator had comprising photos of the editor to get it published.
What do you mean by "comprising photos of the editor?"
AmuroNT1

He means as in blackmail. I'm pretty sure HellCat is implying that the manga in Gundam Ace tend to be so bad that they couldn't survive unless there was something sinister going on behind the scenes.
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

HellCat

AmuroNT1 wrote:He means as in blackmail. I'm pretty sure HellCat is implying that the manga in Gundam Ace tend to be so bad that they couldn't survive unless there was something sinister going on behind the scenes.
Yes. While I like the wacky comedy stuff, alot of Ace manga in recent years are pretty lousy.

I'm still wondering who greenlit a multi page rape in that SD Gundam comic they ran. You know, for kids!
ShadowCell

HellCat wrote:I'm still wondering who greenlit a multi page rape in that SD Gundam comic they ran. You know, for kids!
wait what
HellCat

ShadowCell wrote:
HellCat wrote:I'm still wondering who greenlit a multi page rape in that SD Gundam comic they ran. You know, for kids!
wait what
While Brave Battle Warriors was airing, Ace ran a manga that basically told the backstories of certain characters and each story had some questionable content. One focussed on Diao-chan Qubeley, Ryofu Tallgeese's female partner. In most Three Kingdoms takes she's cast as the most beautiful woman in China and is used in a plan to turn Ryofu and his boss Toutaku against one another via lust for her.

The first chapter ends with her and Tallgeese in a bedroom together where he graphically rapes her, tears in her eyes.

This, in a comic aimed at kids about sentient robots. Characters who at the time were on kid's backpacks, lunchboxes, etc.

I have no idea who thought this was a good idea or why an editor didn't stop it.
AmuroNT1

That's the most messed-up thing I've heard in a long time.

ShadowCell

:|

what the holy fucking hell

like, um...is this, like, part of an ongoing theme of increasingly grimdark ridiculous offensiveness (ridicufensive?) for SD Gundam or is it just kind of all wackiness and metahumor punctuated by a surprise rape scene because i guess rape scenes are wacky and funny and oh god my brain hurts now
HellCat

The sequence, should anyone wish to judge for themselves rather than listen to the prattling of a dancing monkey:

http://i.imgur.com/St4h2r2.jpg