The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: The Official Gundam Build Fighters Anime Thread Mk. I

Hell, me? I don't even use the stickers anymore except for the eyes and sensors. That's what I have paints for.

As for BF, I personally think that eventually, Reiji will leave/disappear. But that's just me.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Silver_August

Mid-Season best friend upgrade! lol

Another meta joke I don't think the series would address - if knock-off gunpla is put into the game, I'd love to see it not only get rejected, but immediately be destroyed by like a satellite cannon... or sent into the sun, whichever series they wanna reference first, lol.

Also, here's hoping Mr. Char fanboy has an mp3 player loaded up with Char's theme on loop!
Xenosynth

Looks like we have the finalists of the Gundam Build Fighters original mobile suit contest for Gundam Breaker..

One of these lucky MS is going to be animated in BF, so there's that to look forward to.

There are some nice ones but some where I really wanna know why they were picked over my entry ~_~ There are some really ugly ones on there.
bullethead

Xenosynth wrote:Looks like we have the finalists of the Gundam Build Fighters original mobile suit contest for Gundam Breaker..

One of these lucky MS is going to be animated in BF, so there's that to look forward to.

There are some nice ones but some where I really wanna know why they were picked over my entry ~_~ There are some really ugly ones on there.
Honestly, I'm more irritated by the lack of decent sized pics for all of these designs, because it's hard to pick out the details for a lot of them.
Amion

I....Must...HAVE that purple Dom with the Sazabi's shield! :shock: They could call it the Dom Amazing or something!

Ahem, although in respect for those who don't have shrines set up for their Doms and only recognize it as an acronym for muscle soreness, I would have to acknowledge that black Gundam right beside the Hyaku Shiki Sinanju thing. That and the red Zaku-Sazabi hybrid on the other side. They both stand out as the most original, which is what I'd like to see get animated.

I kinda got put off by the fact a good number of those suits have the Sinanju's shield. I bet the judges picked them because they want one on the suit they animate because they love the look.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
bullethead

My favorite is the Gouf/Kampher hybrid with the huge minigun. But there are some good Gundams and GMs in there too.
Amion

How did the Nobel freaks get in there I wonder? :P I have a fear they might have a better chance than the rest just to be quirky and troll the contestants.
Kuruni

I have feeling that it's either of magical girl-ish GM/Dom that will appear...
My girlfriend was a loli.
Amion

Kuruni wrote:I have feeling that it's either of magical girl-ish GM/Dom that will appear...
I was suspecting the same thing. It's going to be the second Bearguy. :P Not sure I mind, but it will probably infuriate a lot of contestants. I know it would me. Maybe they'll actually put two in, one a bobblehead GM/Dom, and another more serious unit just to screw with the contestants. I doubt it since they already laid out the rules, but who knows?
Mythgarr

This is weird.
I am actually WAITING for the next episode with plenty of anxiety :D
When will it be put on youtube?
Visit The Dreams
yazi88

Monday, around noon-ish, I think.
Last edited by yazi88 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenosynth

About 7.5 hours and it should be on, going off the time episode 1 was uploaded, I think.
Sume Gai

good episode

-Amazing Zaku and it's pilot are in deed amazing
-Tobe Gunpla!
-Mr. Ral can appear anywhere and anywhen to commentate on your gunpla battles.
Spoiler
-Reiji's definitely not human....
"If You are a man you'll do what's important before you grieve" -Captain Harlock

"I like the SAGA. Its what Rambo would pilot if he was in Gundam 00" -Kylern
Evex

Sume Gai wrote:good episode

-Tobe Gunpla!
Spoiler
I have a feeling Mr.Ral is in this for the long haul, and if the opening theme is any indication then we might even see him use a gouf in an actual gunpla battle. Though there seems to be some version of a modified quebely hinted at in the opening.
Spoiler
I think he is perfectly human, just not in the sense of Sei and the others would define. Remember gundam is about science to a degree, and well it also has multiple universes who isn't to say reiji isn't from one of these alternate universes. It wouldn't be the first time gundam has touched upon dimension/timeline hoping characters, since there are the original characters in the sd gundam games, and then there is the extreme gundam and its pilot. In the case of the extreme gundam though its the person essentially traveling to alternate timelines. I think using data gathered on the various timelines.

The gem/rock reiji gave sei is most likely some sort of anchor. This allows reiji to come back to sei's timeline. The catch is that reiji can only stay in this timeline for a limited amount of well time, before he has to go back to his own timeline. A least that is my hypothesis on this. I'm sure it will be brought up in the next episode...hopefully.
Destiny_Gundam

Eh, I think it's a simple matter of special particle shenanigans.

Some really good reaction shots in this episode, particularly coming from Sei. And China's reaction to Ral, lol.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
HellCat

"Pizza Chicken. Pizza made from fresh chicken"

Fun episode. I like the fact Reiji basically has to be tricked into caring about fighting. There's something very intriguing going on with this guy. I half wonder if
Spoiler
this is going to get so meta as to reveal Sei's world is itself a simulation/the cast learn they're a cartoon that exists to push plastic models.
If they went that route, I'd love the show forever.

I'm glad to see non-Gundams in the club room though this makes me wonder what of mecha from other franchises. Are we going to get an explanation for why the particles only react with Gunpla?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Another fun episode, I like how upbeat the opening is and the music when Reiji was fighting the Crimson Comet was great. Overall, I am really starting to enjoy the OST and the show itself.

And China's reaction to Ral was amazing...funniest part in the episode.
Spoiler
And it looks like we are going to get some explanation about Reiji too...I am leaning towards an advanced AI program...but we will see I guess.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
monster

HellCat wrote:Are we going to get an explanation for why the particles only react with Gunpla?
To be more accurate, they only react to the type of plastic used to make gunpla. The question is, is this type of plastic being used for anything else?
kayone73

Evex wrote:
Sume Gai wrote:good episode

-Tobe Gunpla!
Spoiler
I have a feeling Mr.Ral is in this for the long haul, and if the opening theme is any indication then we might even see him use a gouf in an actual gunpla battle. Though there seems to be some version of a modified quebely hinted at in the opening.
Mr Ral = designated exposition man :lol: I now have the joke theory that he is either 1. The actual Ranba Ral who died in MSG and was 'reincarnated' as a person in our real world and coicidentally boths looks like Ral and loves Gunpla. 2. He works as a voiceover actor who does the narration for Gundam anime and is also a gunpla fan. Perhaps the character of Ranba Ral was inspired by him
monster wrote:
HellCat wrote:Are we going to get an explanation for why the particles only react with Gunpla?
To be more accurate, they only react to the type of plastic used to make gunpla. The question is, is this type of plastic being used for anything else?
Nope, it's Bandai 'secret forumla' plastic of course.

Yep plavsky particles have taken this show into psuedo fantasty land. Oh well, I was hoping it would be more CG scanning like Gunpla Builders.
darkhunger

kayone73 wrote: Nope, it's Bandai 'secret forumla' plastic of course.

Yep plavsky particles have taken this show into psuedo fantasty land. Oh well, I was hoping it would be more CG scanning like Gunpla Builders.
You also got a guy like Reiji who can disappear into thin air and stuff. There's evidently more going on with this world than how it currently appears.... Guess that's why they still call it a Gundam show and not a "Gunpla show" like the OVA.