Galaxy Kikotai: Majestic Prince

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Strike Zero

Re: Galaxy Kikotai: Majestic Prince

Of course, the REAL question here is, in what way will this impact the Izuru x Asagi shipping fandom?! :o
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Compass

I will never be able to keep a straight face when onii-chan is mentioned EVER AGAIN.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Wellman

Strike Zero wrote:Of course, the REAL question here is, in what way will this impact the Izuru x Asagi shipping fandom?! :o
They could convert to 'Izuru x Kei' but are more likely to be folded into the 'Izuru x Prince Jiart' fandom. Either way they should count themselves lucky, us 'Randy x Rin' shippers never got jack or even decent options of where to go once our ship was sunk.
Destiny_Gundam

Strike Zero wrote:Of course, the REAL question here is, in what way will this impact the Izuru x Asagi shipping fandom?! :o
If anything it'll get stronger. Incest is wincest.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Wellman

Well, the calm before the final battle occurs and we are likely to start the dramatics next episode as every major character seems to be involved and the mission plan is no doubt destined to fail as per the laws of fictional drama.

It feels like they are building this up toward a definite conclusion which makes me doubt that whole rumor of a second season has real legs. Here's to a glorious battle and hopefully vengeance for the fallen.
Amion

This was an emotional episode, it gets a 9.0 from me. The scenes with Simon were well done definitely.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Compass

Asagi's secret skill finally does something useful :lol:

Episode was good, except for the deus ex machina that was just randomly thrown in ._.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Wellman

Another good episode with some very good fight scenes. This certainly seems like the show will be wrapping up on a high note. I would say if there was any flaw...
Spoiler
It would be the fact that we didn't get to see how good Asagi could have been against Jiart or Dorgana at full power. Hell I wanted to see how he measured up but it looks like the sparring partners are going to be Izuru vs Jiart and Ange + Rakesh vs Dorgana.
Honestly, I'm going to miss this show.
Amion

This episode was great, plenty of action and fighting to go around.
Compass

Izuru's motivational speech made me laugh :lol:
Overlord Zaru

So the final battle is taking shape, with Izuru vs. Jialt taking shape.

Also, I fear for Teoria in the next episode if the preview name is to go by...
ShadowCell wrote: Zanald is so disappointed in you he's going to smash a desk for every time you people disappoint him. there will be no desks for the little schoolchildren of Vagan because Zanald will have smashed them all. i hope you people are happy.
Amion

Oh don't tell me we might lose her! :shock: And just when she was taking on a very good identity of her own. A classic one with a space princess, but a nice spin-off of one at least. Not to mention Izuru now knows she's like his mom. Which. Kinda. Is. Creepy, given he was strangely falling for her or something. Regardless, it brought whole new perspectives to her behavior with him, and Simon as well to some extent.

I'm not worried though. It's MJP, after all.
Destiny_Gundam

Final episode has come and gone and in the end
Spoiler
Jiart was the only casualty.
Some good stuff all around, but we definitely need that sequel!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Amion

I knew Red 5 was a
Spoiler
phoenix! Haha, take that certain someone I know who made fun of the machine because its double eyed form looked like a bird, what with the hip feathers and all.
A sequel is absolutely necessary. It didn't end quite how I expected, but it managed to bring tension at the end and assure that more will hopefully follow. Right now, it's sitting at the top of the pole. Gargantia comes close, but wasn't long enough. And Valvrave is....well....Valvrave.

I do hope the word gets out on how awesome this series has been. It's a hidden gem and no doubt about it.
Strike Zero

Destiny_Gundam wrote:
Spoiler
Jiart was the only casualty.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

If anything, I'll just say I won't find it terribly shocking if he comes back for season 2. :P

I'll echo Amion's sentiments, Majestic Prince was easily the best mecha show of the year. Hell, probably in the past several years. Gargantia was good but, as Amion also said, being shorter didn't allow it to compete quite as well and Valvrave was... well... yeah, let's just all agree that Valvrave is a different kind of "good" and leave it at that. :mrgreen:

Here's hoping that the mythical season 2 does indeed come to pass. Until then, TALLY HO!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Compass

Great cinematography, but now that I've had the night to think about it... the ending seems to have fallen a bit short.

Izuru's goal of becoming a hero... This is what makes him a hero? Felt kinda flat. He didn't even do much in terms of the overall battle, to be honest. Commander Simon was the one that decided the battle. Had Izuru died, would the outcome have been different in the battle?

The entire last episode really felt like an awkward retelling of Gundam SEED's ending, almost.
iguanaman8989

Silly Engrish.
That little bit with Simon in the capsule makes me think that JURIA = Julia (given the context, named for his late wife)

Anyway, great ride throughout the series, will definitely be hoping for a second season.
Amion

Compass wrote:Great cinematography, but now that I've had the night to think about it... the ending seems to have fallen a bit short.

Izuru's goal of becoming a hero... This is what makes him a hero? Felt kinda flat. He didn't even do much in terms of the overall battle, to be honest. Commander Simon was the one that decided the battle. Had Izuru died, would the outcome have been different in the battle?

The entire last episode really felt like an awkward retelling of Gundam SEED's ending, almost.
I don't mean to be rude, but most soldiers are considered heroes, even if they don't have badges of honor and such. Izuru on the other hand did fight even when he was basically ordered not to at the risk of his own life, and defeated the enemy prince and monstrously awesome ace pilot.

On another more MJP logical note, I don't think the purpose of him wanting to be a hero was exactly achieved, it just happened to be the overriding boost in self-awareness to tame the AHSMAB. The others congradulating him is just typical. Would you float over to him and say, "Izuru, you failed to truly accomplish anything heroic and your near sacrifice succeeded only in assuring the already potentially assured death of a psychotic Wulguru, not to mention you lost Red 5. Do better next time." :)

Besides, silly. If the seconds season comes to be, he will still need motivation. :wink:
Wellman

Loved it, the show when available on DVD is a must buy (even if they put it on Netflix for a while) just so I can see the fight on a big screen.

Even with certain spots reusing/altering previous scenes I was entertained throughout. There is definitely enough left for a season 2 if that comes to past but if not, it is a good enough stopping point. Easily the most consistent and best mecha show of the year.
Mythgarr

Can we have season 2 please? PRETTY PLEASE? *brandishes knife*

The most satisfied Mecha anime in recent years. It has basic ideas and just run with them to the fullest. No over psychological angst thing, no pretention to be heavy in meaning, and no RAPE like other certain not-a-gundam series.
Visit The Dreams