The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
angelwingzero

Re: The Official Gundam AGE Anime Thread AGE-6

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote: So... they took all the stuff that should've been in the show and shoved it off into a sidestory.
Come on Sunrise. Really? Really?
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
DuelGundam2099

^They apparently did, although I doubt it will help Age at this point or at least in the popularity department. :?
reeoyuy

ShadowCell wrote: uh, yo, Shawee, um, i dunno how to tell you this, man, but, uh, i think your princess is in another castle
He got his chance when Asemu declared as dead/missing.

Asemu: I'm sorry to leave you for so long, son. Your mother must be lonely.
Kio: Not really. Uncle Shawee often comes to visit. Although whenever he visited us, Mom always told me to go to Grandpa's place.
Asemu: ...
DuelGundam2099

Reeo here wins an internet for that. :lol:
MarshalBraginsky

Why do I get the feeling that Kio's little Vagan field trip would not turn out well in the end? Especially if Flit might be surprised at Kio's sudden view change on the Vagans as a whole.
iCards

MarshalBraginsky wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Kio's little Vagan field trip would not turn out well in the end? Especially if Flit might be surprised at Kio's sudden view change on the Vagans as a whole.
Considering the lack of character Kio's been giving off until episode 35 conflicting ideals with Gramps would be a good thing for him, IMO.
DuelGundam2099

Spoiler
MARS RAYS!? Is that even legit science!?
Ezcelent also confirmed for
Spoiler
terminal illness, only half a year.
Vagan sympathy felt forced if you ask me. It also looks like I was right when I said vagan society/architecture was Persian/Arabic influenced.

As for the episode itself I did not care for it much, but then again with nine good episodes in a row luck was going to run out sooner or later.
Amion

I don't know DuelGundam, I kinda liked this episode (even if I'm still watching it :P ) And you arn't the only one getting a Persian/Arabic vibe. My only addition is that I'm getting a Tatooine feel from the house interiors.

Edit: I loved Zanald's reaction to letting Kio run around. As a villian, he's the best so far. I could really see him issuing a colony bust.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Raptor

This episode is marred by the one question AGE has been avoiding since the end of Gen 2.

"If the Vagan simply wanted to get to Earth, why did they continue to attack once so many of them got there?" Why not simply begin transporting people in small numbers? We know they had the ships for it, since they can seemingly create anything with the piece of EXA-DB they have.

Also, if the Mars' Rays are so damaging, then why is the Vagan Homeworld so BLOODY CLOSE to Mars? Move It! If it doesn't have thrusters of it's own on those giant attachments, then use your vast army of ships and MS to move it!

Or, better yet, Build a new colony. Away from Mars. Since we've heard nothing about it before, then clearly it's not a problem in other colonies, like Nora, or Fardain, so they could have just built a new one.

I'm not buying this returning to earth thing. It's clearly about revenge.

-Raptor, out.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:I'm going to have ten people run across a field, five of which I believe have superior qualities. I shall then toss a grenade in front of them to see who survives even though that course of action might kill all the people I wanted to save.
ydawg314

Raptor wrote:
Also, if the Mars' Rays are so damaging, then why is the Vagan Homeworld so BLOODY CLOSE to Mars? Move It! If it doesn't have thrusters of it's own on those giant attachments, then use your vast army of ships and MS to move it!

Or, better yet, Build a new colony. Away from Mars. Since we've heard nothing about it before, then clearly it's not a problem in other colonies, like Nora, or Fardain, so they could have just built a new one.

-Raptor, out.
Idk though, the colony is huge (seems way bigger than nora and its is called mars second moon) and its in orbit around mars not just floating in space. They probably cant produce enough force to even make it budge. That said they probably also just want revenge.

Btw how strong is the dude Zanald?!?!?!?

Is he doing this to kio?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W87ccwCSJXQ
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Arbiter GUNDAM

Once again AGE doesn't fail to disappoint. The sympathy for the Vagans is laid on so thick with that girl Lu and her brother that you need a 36" chain-saw to cut it. But guess what? Instead of making me sympathize with the Vagan, it just goes to show how stupid the Vagan are.
Really guys, if your situation is that bad, then why are you conducting the most long-drawn-out invasion in Gundam history? Let's compare it to other invasions really quick. Zeon took over Earth in just a couple of months. Zanscare managed to invade and devastate parts of Earth and almost psychically slaughtered Earth's population in just a few months. OZ took over the Earthsphere in about 6 months, give or take. The NUNE took over most of Earth in just a few months. ZAFT managed to invade and cripple Earth's energy supplies in a month or so. And one could make an argument that Ribbons and the Inovades took over the Earthsphere by manipulating the forming of the Federation. So yeah, the Vagans don't really stack up.

And trying to garner sympathy with sick civilians also doesn't work. What about all the civvies that the Vagan have unceremoniously killed over the last 70 years? Not buying it.

And Ezelcant's motivations for doing part of what he does is because he wants to test wether the Federation values life? (rolls eyes)

Now I DO like the fact that Zanald might be shaping up to be the End Boss. That's got win all over it. It's also worth noting that I think this is only the second time that a Gundam production has had a sequence take place at the Red Planet. But Mars Rays are a bunch of bunk.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DuelGundam2099

"If the Vagan simply wanted to get to Earth, why did they continue to attack once so many of them got there?" Why not simply begin transporting people in small numbers? We know they had the ships for it, since they can seemingly create anything with the piece of EXA-DB they have.

^This so much, at first I started to think the populace hasn't been educated; then I realized they have good enough medical technology to delay terminal illnesses. And seriously..... MARS RAYS!? Just what is that? I'm sorry, but that just throws me off to no end.

Arbiter Gundam also hit everything else on the head although one minor mistake.
The NUNE took over most of Earth in just a few months
Half true, it took them 15 years to fully reform first and they only managed to conquer Asia and some islands in the pacific in that time frame. Of course, give them a few months or so and in theory they do stack up with everyone else.
HellCat

I think the obvious question is how sincere Ezelcant is being. Consider that right after 'Kio, I'll be honest with you...' he's on the blower to Zeheart, right back into 'Crush Earthrace' mode. Either Ezelcant is surprisingly complex or this is an elaborate plan to break Kio, a possibility he vaguely hints at when Zanald complains. I mean, Ezelcant is the beloved leader of Vagan- how difficult would it be for him to set up a sympathetic situation in one district and then throw Kio into it the next day? The thief, the guy to save him, said guy's dieing sister who just wants to LIVE! Assuming it's not cheap, blunt drama, it'd be very easy for Ezelcant to get the kids to play the part. Maybe even the dead Romy is a ruse?
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Destiny_Gundam

Raptor wrote:This episode is marred by the one question AGE has been avoiding since the end of Gen 2.

I'm not buying this returning to earth thing. It's clearly about revenge.

-Raptor, out.
My question was "If you just want to go back to Earth, why don't you just ask Earth nicely?" Though considering they've been in contact with certain Earth individuals over the years perhaps they tried that already and got turned down. The Earth Government probably wouldn't want to admit to such a huge blunder.

As for why they couldn't just move their people to Earth, well, look at real life examples of mass refugee movements.

Moving away from Mars itself probably isn't a good idea either. I imagine they get a lot of resources from the red planet and if they can't find a similar source to use, putting up with some Mars Rays is the price they have to pay.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Really guys, if your situation is that bad, then why are you conducting the most long-drawn-out invasion in Gundam history? Let's compare it to other invasions really quick. Zeon took over Earth in just a couple of months. Zanscare managed to invade and devastate parts of Earth and almost psychically slaughtered Earth's population in just a few months. OZ took over the Earthsphere in about 6 months, give or take. The NUNE took over most of Earth in just a few months. ZAFT managed to invade and cripple Earth's energy supplies in a month or so. And one could make an argument that Ribbons and the Inovades took over the Earthsphere by manipulating the forming of the Federation. So yeah, the Vagans don't really stack up.
All the examples you listed didn't have to make 54.6 to 401 million km trips for supplies/reinforcements/new tech, etc.

Anyways, it does boil down to how sincere Ezelcant is but at the moment he seems pretty sincere to me. And I wouldn't exactly be too harsh on some one in this situation who went "You Earthers don't care about us on Mars, so why should be care about you?" Ezelcant does at least seem to hold some respect for Earthlings since he gives them a chance to prove themselves as opposed to "KILL ALL THE VAGANS" Asuno.

Of course if you wanted me to buy something, having a cute little sister sell it to me is the best way.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Destiny_Gundam wrote: All the examples you listed didn't have to make 54.6 to 401 million km trips for supplies/reinforcements/new tech, etc.
That's why you establish beacheads like Ambat (more than one obviously in case DAT BEARD finds out where your super secret clubhouse is) or do a blitzkrieg attack and land on Earth enough forces to hold it until your colonies, which have been converted to interplanetary ships (like in Turn A) arrive. Anything other than "lose for 50 years until we get a BFG."
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
zetatype

HellCat wrote: I mean, Ezelcant is the beloved leader of Vagan- how difficult would it be for him to set up a sympathetic situation in one district and then throw Kio into it the next day? The thief, the guy to save him, said guy's dieing sister who just wants to LIVE! Assuming it's not cheap, blunt drama, it'd be very easy for Ezelcant to get the kids to play the part. Maybe even the dead Romy is a ruse?
While the former is a possibility, I doubt the dead Romy is a ruse since Ezelcant and his wife talk about Romy even when Kio is not around.
reeoyuy

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:But Mars Rays are a bunch of bunk.
DuelGundam2099 wrote:And seriously..... MARS RAYS!? Just what is that? I'm sorry, but that just throws me off to no end.
Oh, I'm pretty sure you guys know Mars inside out, waaaay more than what NASA and scientists know now so far.
This is exactly what made Mars Colonization program failed. They thought they knew everything. Convinced that Mars is safe and prosperous, based on what they knew that time, they would laugh if some scientist warned them about possibility of cancer-inducing rays lurking in Mars.
Just like many made-up science stuff in Gundam, it sounds totally ridiculous. But physics and our knowledge of space today are also a bunch of bunk for early 20th century scientists.

And BTW, I don't know why you guys so surprised with it now. Maybe some people thought that what Geera Zoi said in episode 15 about Mars Ray was just a crazy rambling.
latenlazy

Unless they can explain what a mars ray is and what's creating it, it sounds like an asspull :D
DuelGundam2099

they would laugh if some scientist warned them about possibility of cancer-inducing rays lurking in Mars.
How is that even PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE? Mars is not a star and when do planets emit radiation? I can imagine heat due to tectonic structure and whatnot, but even if Mars was emitting radiation A) Why the hell is it so cold? (radiation has a habit of making things, you know, hot) and B) How the hell could it affect objects all the way out in orbit? It is a much smaller planet was likewise would not have as much energy as Earth or Venus.

If someone would explain the physics behind this being possible I'm welcome to read it.
latenlazy

DuelGundam2099 wrote:
they would laugh if some scientist warned them about possibility of cancer-inducing rays lurking in Mars.
How is that even PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE? Mars is not a star and when do planets emit radiation? I can imagine heat due to tectonic structure and whatnot, but even if Mars was emitting radiation A) Why the hell is it so cold? (radiation has a habit of making things, you know, hot) and B) How the hell could it affect objects all the way out in orbit? It is a much smaller planet was likewise would not have as much energy as Earth or Venus.

If someone would explain the physics behind this being possible I'm welcome to read it.
Apparently it's generated by magnetic storms? Mars does have a very weak magnetosphere.