The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

I wouldn't say it is better then the first series yet, I am withholding judgement on that part...BUT it certainly has more action then the first...and both are very mysterious and vague about what exactly is going on and what the truth of the world is.

However, for those who were big fans of the Renton/Eureka relationship that was the core of the first series, then Ao will disappoint. Nor does it have very good antagonists yet like Dominic, Anemone and Duey.

And some of the magic and wonder that was in the first series is gone in this one and so far in Ao there has been no person being able to surf on Trapar Waves...the mecha do it of course, but so far there has been no person...which is a shame.

That being said, when it comes to mysteries and wft moments...Ao trumps the first.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Destiny_Gundam

Episode 11 was a mess. It was almost as if we missed an episode. Where did the sudden suspicion of Elena come from? The rest of the episode just tossed all kinds of stuff at us and while I'm sure it'll make sense later I was left with the feeling not of "I wonder what this all means" but of "What the bloody hell did I just watch?" It could have been presented better.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
zetatype

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Episode 11 was a mess. It was almost as if we missed an episode. Where did the sudden suspicion of Elena come from?
Well in episode 7 there were hints that Elena and Mirror were the same person and in another episode, forgot which one, I think Elena had tapped into the security cameras. Now if you referring to when did Generation Bleu start having suspisions then I don't know.
Compass

Definitely not meant to be taken as a straight value, similar to a few other Eureka Seven elements.

We should go over exactly what happened this episode.

I find it interesting that they labeled Elena and the other children who can pilot IFOs as Secrets, with Ao being a special Secret. That is perhaps one of the biggest bombs to be dropped in this episode. The explanation of scub coral as originating from solidfying trapar does not appear to be logical. Rather, Rebecka shutting Georg down implies that the alternative theory holds water or is less logical.

What is less logical? Alternate universe! We see Eureka Seven's universe in this episode.

And that, perhaps, explains the existence of Miller and "Elena." The episode implies several times that they are both the same and different people. Same faces, different DNA, but apparently only slightly. So what happened to the original Miller?

Obviously there were two separate entities at one point or the DNA would have matched, but at some point, Elena picked up the Miller routine possibly and since they were technically identical otherwise, she could masquerade as both.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
ydawg314

I think Elena may be something similar to Truth... Except maybe she has memory loss or damage

Like I said before the evidence that supports this is shown when Elena and Fluer are discussing the president and the presidents face shows up on the ground
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Compass

Sure, but the thing about this, Truth encountered Miller(Elena most likely) when he came, and didn't appear to recognize her.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
ydawg314

At the same time Truth did not like seem to take notice of anyone except her, Ao, and Naru. Coincidence?
Battle my brute
Soma Taozi

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

Watch the new episode! That is the only thing I can say....
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

So it was spelled "Scab" coral this whole time? Interesting. Also this episode's secret was quite neat. 8) Kind of disappointed in how simplistic the Poseidon was, then again this series is trying to be more realistic with it's machines so........ Eh.
Compass

IIRC, that was how they Romanized it in the US version of Eureka Seven, as Scab Coral. However, still conceivable to pronounce Scab as Scub.
ydawg314

This show some question answered many more added though

I don't know why there aren't more people who comment in this thread.. this show is good
Battle my brute
Soma Taozi

I think ydawg314, the lack of interest stems from the first series, which I have a feeling many people couldn't get though or weren't all that interested in. After all, the first half of Eureka 7 had little to no action, which I can see many mecha fans would be put off by.

Where as Aquarion's sequal, Aquarion Evol, had less episodes and was more of a monster of the week kind of show....with plenty of action. Oh and the fact that the fusing of Aquarion was basically a medaphor for sex helped too...because that amused me to no end when I watched it.

Also despite Ao's best efforts for trying to draw in new viewers...I think the show knows that there is only so much they can do before they HAVE to address why the world is different, and when they do, I have a feeling new viewers are going to go...WTF? After all, I have had plenty of those moments in Ao and I WATCHED the first series.

But I agree though, Ao is really good (these last 3-4 episodes have been fantastic in my opinion), so it is a shame that we don't have more people discussing Ao.

-Me, 7/19/2020
DuelGundam2099

I'd like to point out real quick that Evol did not have monsters of the week like the first series; it had four custom gnises and two returning cherubim. Also the action, while good in it's own right, was significantly less than the first series.

Other than that you nailed everything else on the head. :P
Compass

This series went from pretty good to bleeping awesome.
Spoiler
See. I told you. Alternate universe!
DAG101

OH MY GOD!
Spoiler
That was...wow...I mean, as soon as I saw the bit of metal in the scub, I thought it might be the Gekko, but still, when it was actually revealed...wow...

And Eureka in the Nirvash... o.O

Only thing is, it raises the question of, where did she come from? And where did Ao's mother come from? neither of them had the full-body green-skin thing Eureka had at the end of the first show, though the Eureka we just saw had a bit of the green stuff on her forehead. And she had a Nirvash--but Ao supposedly has Eureka's Nirvash. And Eureka doesn't recognize him, seems to be younger than she was in this show's flashbacks, and acts like this whole situation is nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Truth is perhaps from another universe, too...and his hair DOES kind of look like Dominic's...maybe Dominic and Anemone had a child too, or something? Perhaps Naru is from another universe, as well, because Truth is oddly interested in her...actually, SHE kind of looks like she could potentially be Dominic and Anemone's kid...though the similarity to Anemone could just be a reference, since she seems extremely Anemone-based (similar look, disease caused by the scub, a large, lazy pet)
ydawg314

DAG101 wrote:OH MY GOD!
Spoiler
That was...wow...I mean, as soon as I saw the bit of metal in the scub, I thought it might be the Gekko, but still, when it was actually revealed...wow...

And Eureka in the Nirvash... o.O

Only thing is, it raises the question of, where did she come from? And where did Ao's mother come from? neither of them had the full-body green-skin thing Eureka had at the end of the first show, though the Eureka we just saw had a bit of the green stuff on her forehead. And she had a Nirvash--but Ao supposedly has Eureka's Nirvash. And Eureka doesn't recognize him, seems to be younger than she was in this show's flashbacks, and acts like this whole situation is nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, I'm starting to wonder if Truth is perhaps from another universe, too...and his hair DOES kind of look like Dominic's...maybe Dominic and Anemone had a child too, or something? Perhaps Naru is from another universe, as well, because Truth is oddly interested in her...actually, SHE kind of looks like she could potentially be Dominic and Anemone's kid...though the similarity to Anemone could just be a reference, since she seems extremely Anemone-based (similar look, disease caused by the scub, a large, lazy pet)
Spoiler
yeah i agree but im starting to think that there could be duplicates of people since there may be other universes. For example the guy who looks like moondoggie.

Im hoping there are some other people inside the gekko and there should be since when it landed it curved as if it were being piloted.

I thinking eureka may be on some kind of mission to disperse the scub coral through time and space so they don't reach the limit of questions. After all that is kind of where we left of from the last series.
Battle my brute
Toxicity

Regarding her apparent age, perhaps coralians don't age the same way humans do. IIRC, the events involving Master Norb and Sakuya took place around 40 years prior to E7, yet she hadn't appeared to have aged a bit at her appearance near the end of the series, and Eureka herself didn't appear to have aged any from her being found until the end of the show (scarring and haircuts aside).
Compass

Toxicity wrote:Regarding her apparent age, perhaps coralians don't age the same way humans do. IIRC, the events involving Master Norb and Sakuya took place around 40 years prior to E7, yet she hadn't appeared to have aged a bit at her appearance near the end of the series, and Eureka herself didn't appear to have aged any from her being found until the end of the show (scarring and haircuts aside).
You know what I think it is, which has been hidden in plain sight almost all along?
Spoiler
Eureka Seven
There are multiple instantiations of Eureka in the multiverse/galaxy. They are so numbered One, Two, Three, Etc.

If you look at the Eureka who was Ao's mother, she looks much older than this one.

This Eureka looks identical to the Eureka from the end of E7. Note the head gem and hair clip style. She is also flying the Mk2 Nirvash, notable from the second cockpit.

The Gekko-Go in this one also appears to be the one following the Second Summer of Love, as noted by the damage on the back where Nirvash Mk3 popped out when Renton blew a hole in it
DAG101

Compass wrote:
Toxicity wrote:Regarding her apparent age, perhaps coralians don't age the same way humans do. IIRC, the events involving Master Norb and Sakuya took place around 40 years prior to E7, yet she hadn't appeared to have aged a bit at her appearance near the end of the series, and Eureka herself didn't appear to have aged any from her being found until the end of the show (scarring and haircuts aside).
You know what I think it is, which has been hidden in plain sight almost all along?
Spoiler
Eureka Seven
There are multiple instantiations of Eureka in the multiverse/galaxy. They are so numbered One, Two, Three, Etc.

If you look at the Eureka who was Ao's mother, she looks much older than this one.

This Eureka looks identical to the Eureka from the end of E7. Note the head gem and hair clip style. She is also flying the Mk2 Nirvash, notable from the second cockpit.

The Gekko-Go in this one also appears to be the one following the Second Summer of Love, as noted by the damage on the back where Nirvash Mk3 popped out when Renton blew a hole in it
Spoiler
Holy shit, I didn't even realize that the damage was from the end of the show. And that weird...prologue episode clipshow thing seemed to imply that Ao's mother WAS Eureka...but then again, we don't know what exactly happened to the two following the end of E7...it's also possible that the Scub merely made a copy of Eureka, the Nirvash, and the Gekko...
Also, we should establish exactly how important spoilers tags are in this thread...
Toxicity

If you're referring to me, I didn't spoil anything. Another possibility I was considering for the situation is that this whole thing is some kind of a trick of Truth's. It all just seems too coincidental to me, Truth's attack, Naru's disappearance, and then the appearance of the ship inside the orbital scub for it not to be something he intended.

I'm very curious to see if anybody else appeared on the ship, it didn't seem to just free fall and crash land into the ocean, it seemed to have been being piloted for sure.