The Official Eureka Seven Ao Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Eureka Seven Ao

DuelGundam2099 wrote:I like the secrets of the week, there hasn't been a monster of the week mecha show since Aquarion (I'm not counting Dancouga Nova or Shin Mazinger due to the former having barely any to qualify and the latter being a remake series). Of course, creature wise I prefer the antibody coralians to these guys.
Just because there hasn't been a monster of the week show recently doesn't mean that it's AO's job to fill that vacancy.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DuelGundam2099

I will admit that is true. Sadly, nothing else is for the time being. :(
ydawg314

can someone explain the politics behind this episode? was truth behind getting all the troops sacrificed?
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Ryujin

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Well he was far enough away from the blast.
Not really, given the range of a typical RPG-like weapon, but I digress. If all the thruster efflux & air displaced by moving IFO's just meters away from Ivica can't touch his hair, then nothing will. :lol:
ydawg314 wrote:can someone explain the politics behind this episode? was truth behind getting all the troops sacrificed?
It seemed more like Truth just taking advantage of the situation & pointing out that, with Secrets, 'a little learning is a dangerous thing,' with the US infantry paying the consequences.
Compass

The governor of Arizona was trying to do several things at once.
Most specifically, given his background in helping orchestrate that political crisis from before, was attempting to use this handling of Generation Bleu as a bargaining chip. Notice how, right before he gets threatened with a gun, he implies that he wants to use Generation Bleu as some sort of personal fighting force, presumably for political gain, as before. "Handled the crisis with the help of Generation Bleu" doesn't look so good as "Respected sovereignty and handled the crisis without external assistance."

I assume it's also a political allegory to how the US meddles with everything like it has control of everything, yet it clearly didn't, with the infantry attack and all.

Truth using the people as victims, I'm still not quite sure what he expected to promote from that. Saying that Secrets aren't what people think they are, I really don't know what people "think them to be" aside from weapons of mass destruction bent on destroying the populace.

It could be that Secrets are similar to the Coralian anti-bodies from the original series, who have now judged humans to be a threat to its existence and are trying to kill them off to protect themselves.

Also, I enjoy Noah screen time waaaaaaaay too much for my own good. I really, really want a Noah stuffed animal. Perhaps like those cuddly monkies that have velcro on their paws so I can velcro his limbs around me like Ao does.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Destiny_Gundam

Humans thought the Secret only attacks IFOs and not people. This Secret proved otherwise and I think Truth set those people up so that would come to light.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Compass

Is that really the case? It definitely looked like it was attempting to kill humans in Episode 1.

I'm not really sure what they expected out of this... I would call people crazy for suggesting using infantry against a Secret. Just because they've never tried before, doesn't mean it's time to test it with a huge line of probably 1000 infantry =_=
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Destiny_Gundam

That's why they used the infantry, because they thought the Secret wouldn't attack them.
Compass

Speaking of which... Naru? Naru? Where's Naru?

Is she the female lead or no? Because currently, both Fleur and Elena have had more screen time and =3 moments than Naru. Is it just me, or are female leads being developed horribly now :(
Toxicity

I saw a macro image a while back that had a screenshot of Ao and Fleur together in laughter with a caption that read something like "Naru? I dont even remember who that is!" I wish I'd saved it. I've not had a chance to see the latest episode yet, hopefully i'll get around to it sometime this week.
Destiny_Gundam

Well at least upon encountering Truth Ao's first reaction is to demand Naru back.
DAG101

I have a feeling that she's being saved for something--currently, the show seems to be building up a large mystery to be unleashed, I'm just hoping it'll be worth the wait.

So far, the show, while being good, hasn't been quite what I expected from an E7 sequel...although I am happy that they're coming at it differently, because I think if they tried to do what E7 did, what we'd get is a show designed to simply be as confusing and filled with pointless symbolism as possible
daigundam lagaan

I feel like this is suffering the same slow pace as the first series. Only difference between this and first series is that at least there's fighting in this one. And AO isn't as painfully pathetic as renton was for the first quarter of the original.
Still waiting on seeing those tears of time.
DuelGundam2099

So....... Elena was originally a rock star spy that faked her death yet still reports to the military while not knowing it? Oh yeah, totally not random, no sir-y! At least the old series has more acknowledgment than it did previously. Next episode we're going to space!
ydawg314

Thanks for sharing that.
I honestly dont know what to think. At first I thought Elena was
Spoiler
a female truth. It wouuld make sense considering the fact that the face of fleur's father was drawn out of nowhere
Each episode raises more questions than the last. I hope we get answers.

Does anyone get a serious evangelion vibe to this show. I mean I know thats a given but there are so many details which link the two shows (maybe too many). That said in NGE it took like 90% of the series to get to the level of complexity that this show is at now and were only 12 eps in. I think were in for a ride.
Battle my brute
SD Gundam Online Taiwan IGN: Ydawg314
SD Gundam Online Korea IGN: Layzee
Compass

Haha Chief asked Fleur about AoxFleur? #Winning.

Edit:
Spoiler
It looks more and more like my alternate universe theory is coming to fruition. Gekko Go, the moon, Eureka Seven's double-Earth, a city. Either that, or we have a LOT OF red herrings.
Toxicity

I've finally found time to watch the latest two episodes, and I think for the first time since I began watching this show I was genuinely impressed. Episode 10 was good, it had good action, some character development for the Chief, who's name eludes me at the moment, and lol tents.

Episode 11 was where it was at though. The "tripping balls" episodes have always been some of the best ones when it comes to Eureka Seven, and this one didn't let me down. Right from the very beginning this one had me going. The different type of secret was a very welcome change, before now secrets have been little more than mindless killing machines, but this one seemed like it was capable of a bit more. How did it know that Fleur was troubled about her father and how did it know to draw the face or even what the hell he looked like?

I was rather angry whenever Rebecka cut off George's explanation before he could really get going, that's some information I'm sure we'd all like to know, and I'd love to have seen the research facility expanded upon.

From the very first time it was shown, I think we all immediately saw the resemblance the GB's headquarters has to the E7 towers and facilities like FAC-51, and Miller's expedition into the underground only seems to confirm that there's more than just a resemblance. In E7, facilities like FAC51 contained the buried archtypes used to make LFOs, so I wonder what Miller actually saw down there.

As for the hallucinations themselves, this certainly isn't the first time that people have been made to see things by the Scub, and what we're shown when Elena first begins seeing things are probably the most interesting part of this episode.

Spoiled for WALL OF TEXT.
Spoiler
Firstly Elena is being carried by none other than Eureka herself and we're shown the Nirvash flying past what appear to be green clouds. IIRC, the only time we've ever seen multicolored clouds was the episode in the first show in which Renton returns to the Gekko as it is being ambushed by the Swan and the military. Then we see one of the towers with a swarm of Antibody coralians around it and a Coralian itself present too, which is a scene from one of the latter episodes of the first show as well. Next there's a shot of the Gekko looking at some kind of trapar formation, I can't recall exactly what scene it is, it could be from the very last episode. I think I'll do some skimming and see if I can't find out for sure. After that, there's a view of the Nirvash, which appears to be in it's Spec2 flight configuration flying over what I think is the japan region. The moon with the heart on it appears then Elena and Eureka seem to be drawn back into the pink tunnel and Elena awakens on a beach that looks very similar to the one Renton, Eureka, and the kids landed on when they broke through the great barrier or whatever towards the end of the show.
I was very surprised when Miller drew a weapon and shot the other musicians on the spot like that. What Elena/Miller say about "Our world being outside this one" seems to indicate that somehow we're back to where the first show was with the Scub having covered the entire planet. It might certainly explain how Eureka simply fell from the sky the way she did.
DuelGundam2099

Dougram should guest star in this series, that way they'll want to seek Truth.
NastyNate

I still have not watched any episodes of AO yet. How is the series coming along? Any sign of Renton or Eureka? I have been holding out because I remember how many cliffhangers where in the original so I have been waiting for most of this to air. How are the cliffhangers?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
DuelGundam2099

It is better than the first series, I can say that much.