Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kratos

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

I think Kira himself was the worst example of that. Remember right after his "death", Athrun has that conversation with Cagalli? Great stuff. Cagalli lists all all the good things about Kira, which incidentally the exact things that make him ill-fit for war. Athrun, in the end, shows himself to be the better soldier, but at the cost of his friend.

AND THAT'S NEVER REALLY ALLOWED TO SINK IN. Athrun's sad, sure, but he's distracted by various other things immediately after and never has the chance to really think on this. And then, of course, Kira's back. Athrun never had to to see the war end and live in a world deprived of his best friend by his own hand. Kira's death had real storytelling potential, but he just comes back and is suddenly this wizened veteran ready to Fight War Without Killing - a right, I might add, he never really earned. It felt cheap.

But yeah, Andrew was another major offense, for the exact developmental reasons you mention. Ugh.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
HellCat

In terms of the actual HD project, I wish they'd be more commited. I'm behind and just watched the episode where Kira returns Lacus to ZAFT. It's really standing out how many times characters go off model. Murrue for example rotates between looking 2D, kind of pretty and Jay Leno with boobs. I know they aren't touching up everything but the further we go the more it stands out how wildly inconsistent SEED's art was.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Admiral Larsen

I have to agree with what Hellcat said about SEED Destiny poisoning the opinions of the CE series as a whole applies to me at well. Despite my problems with SEED at the end, I thought that it was an alright series that had potential but SEED Destiny took that potential and destroyed it so completely.

I'd also have to agree with Kratos statement about the show as well.

Everytime I think about perhaps checking out the new HD remaster, I remember what happens after SEED and immediately get discouraged along with avoiding buying the SEED suits. It doesn't help that the animation is not really that good (I know its 10 years since the series has aired and all but looking back at it now, one can really see how bad the animation is).
HellCat

If you genuinely enjoyed SEED, my advice is to give the new version a try. It's currently streaming for free and who knows how long that will last. Miss out and your only choice will be the £150/$200 boxsets.

With this project, I'm actively trying to ignore Destiny. Sure, it's annoying to see Kira and think 'You'll become so self righteous' or see Mu and think 'They're going to totally cheapen your death' but taken as a single series it's like revisiting an old friend. If nothing else, give the first episode a try. We all have misgivings over Destiny but it'd be a shame to let that overshadow the strengths the original could have.
Kuruni

Dammit, they really call it Perfect Strike.

Now I won't surprise if Freedom will be retcon into Strike equipped with "Hyper Striker" and went through process call "Hyper Phase-shift" :lol:
My girlfriend was a loli.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Kuruni wrote:Dammit, they really call it Perfect Strike.

Now I won't surprise if Freedom will be retcon into Strike equipped with "Hyper Striker" and went through process call "Hyper Phase-shift" :lol:
eh what? Did I miss something here?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Compass

Kuruni wrote:Dammit, they really call it Perfect Strike.

It's not like they didn't have a name for it when they released a model that specifically depicted Strike wearing all of its packs. Shame they just threw a better name for one that sounds corny.

SD G-Gen variant's Striker Weapons System.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7893 ... emsd25.jpg
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Kuruni

That's the point, they definitely renamed it as shout out to Perfect Zecter :mrgreen: , the Zecter that allow Kabuto to utilize three other Zecter at once (now, when Kira use Agni, it will be "Maximum Gundam Cyclone" and ASS will be "Maximum Gundam Typhoon" :mrgreen: ).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Compass

Can we call the individual packages Jaeger, Schneider, and Panzer now? :cry:
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Wingnut

Compass wrote:Can we call the individual packages Jaeger, Schneider, and Panzer now? :cry:
I've been doing that since I saw them in lineart and learned what they do.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Among the changes for the new version of SEED... is this for real?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
farjad93

That would be pretty sad ...
REY: Kira Yamato, your existence must end!
KIRA: Like I haven’t heard that before…on countless Gundam message boards.
HellCat

Flaaaaay Allster, belted by gamma rays
Turns into the Hulk!
Surprisingly glam-orous!

I'm trying to figure out what's up with the anatomy there. Have they corrected the anatomy but made her the height of a fully grown adult?
Wingnut

HellCat wrote:Flaaaaay Allster, belted by gamma rays
Turns into the Hulk!
Surprisingly glam-orous!

I'm trying to figure out what's up with the anatomy there. Have they corrected the anatomy but made her the height of a fully grown adult?
That or the bunk shrunk.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
HellCat

It's certainly starting to look like someone involved with picking scenes to redo has a bias:

http://i.imgur.com/dyQpX.gif
Deathzealot

/blink/ Okay.....they are giving the Redo some more fan-service. I thought the original had enough with Murrue..../shakes head/
Dark Duel

I am so glad I stopped watching this after episode 2...because frankly, that's sad.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
DuelGundam2099

I'm the local CE fan and even I can't see good in this. :| And really, why Flaay?
Strike Zero

Because Fllay is love. <3

(In my case, that they went and bothered to redo all of her service shots is half the reason I even bother to check the new episodes out.)

(...Don't judge me.)
:oops:
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.