Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Xenosynth

Re: Gundam SEED HD Remaster airs Winter 2011

Yeah, the HG Perfect strike is horrid, it uses the exact same plates as the old SEED HGs, which are pretty inferior to modern HGUCs, especially in terms of color and stuff. All you get new with it is the battery pack. At least with the MG they are doing an entirely new model, not just the old Aile Strike with more crap.
halo1000

Xenosynth wrote:Yeah, the HG Perfect strike is horrid, it uses the exact same plates as the old SEED HGs, which are pretty inferior to modern HGUCs, especially in terms of color and stuff. All you get new with it is the battery pack. At least with the MG they are doing an entirely new model, not just the old Aile Strike with more crap.
I could forgive them using the old frame if they'd at least fixed the ridiculous wide feet, they look like bloody clown shoes.
Mythgarr

Well, what do you expect? It's Bandai, after all....
Visit The Dreams
RLZIII

I'm watching through the SEED HD remaster right now. However, having not seen SEED in about five years, I'm pretty fuzzy on some details. Is there a list/outline of changes from the original to the HD version? Would be nice to see what was changed/added/removed. Thanks!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Gundam Guy blog has that sort of stuff.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
HellCat

And speaking of Gundam Guy- http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04 ... -team.html

They have some odd/dubious content at times, but this series of SEED retrospectives is a real mess. Fails basic fact checking, structure and shows clear bias. You can't give Zeta a get out of jail free card for its errors and then say SEED deserves to be shunned for its. I'd welcome a well composed retrospective but this is just a generally respected source giving fanboy whining a soapbox.

About the only thing I can agree with is the comparisson of awkward HD faces to original scenes where the animators went off Hirai's models but made it work.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

HellCat wrote:And speaking of Gundam Guy- http://gundamguy.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04 ... -team.html

They have some odd/dubious content at times, but this series of SEED retrospectives is a real mess. Fails basic fact checking, structure and shows clear bias. You can't give Zeta a get out of jail free card for its errors and then say SEED deserves to be shunned for its. I'd welcome a well composed retrospective but this is just a generally respected source giving fanboy whining a soapbox.

About the only thing I can agree with is the comparisson of awkward HD faces to original scenes where the animators went off Hirai's models but made it work.
I agree it seems rather one sided and with going into the series with a preset mindset. The most appropriate retrospective (if you can call it that) was a few years ago when Burke watched Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny for the first time. It was great to see a normal viewer's reactions to the series who had not had too much experience with the shows beforehand.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020