Evangelion 3.0 New Trailer!!!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Kratos

Re: Evangelion 3.0 New Trailer!!!

Everybody I have ever talked to about the Evangelion dub has hated it, or at the very least deeply disliked it. The best thing that anybody I know has ever said about it is that it's "uneven". Even some friends of mine who are HUGE fans of English dubs and voice actors considered it pretty bad, and often hilariously so (they default to dubs, and as such have never seen it in Japanese).

As for me, I'm not personally a fan, though I never really tried it past high school viewing of End and maybe the first episode or so of the series. I found the voices flat, the acting of wildly fluctuating quality, and the translation occasionally spotty (it doesn't help when they can't settle on how to pronounce the title machines of the show :p).

I'm not gonna hold it against anyone if they enjoyed the dub, or have only seen it in that format, but I definitely know which one I prefer.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Dark Duel

I actually first saw the first few eps of NGE dubbed, then switched over to the sub...and frankly, I thought it wasn't all that bad a dub.
Sure, there were a couple of issues here and there, but overall I was satisfied with it myself.
Of course, to each his own opinion.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Gisol888

Holy Cow this wasn't supposed to be a disscusion about dubs^^ :lol:
I really had no problems with the english dub! I'm always watching animes with english dub, because i've the chance to improve my english and i want to understand the stuff i'm watching: it doesn't seem real for me to watch stuff i don't understand at all even if there are subtiles^^ just a personal issue
but maybe we could make a survey who's watching stuff in english, japanese, or his own language (if it isn't one of them)! But the dubbing wasn't bad in my opinion! It could be worse!
greetings Gisol
wow animes are just awesome!
Kratos

No, you're right, Gisol, I shouldn't have brought the dub into it. At the end of the day, they're the same characters saying basically the same thing and undergoing the same development, regardless of language. The important thing is that you enjoyed watching the series.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
DuelGundam2099

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aMeQoxEW0

The first two minutes is just transporting weapons to Unit 07 (until they reveal what it is I'm giving the rebuilt Unit 02 that title). Explosions and an AT Field can be seen. Angel 11 appears emitng it's AT field similar to Zeruel except from the back like rocket propulsion. It's two legs spin like a drill to penetrate 07's AT field. Unit 07 has Jeeg-ish equipment (MACH DRILLS!..... with guns!). Some cross-ish satellite appears. Asuka uses harpoons to reel 11 in. Some count down happens and there is falling from orbit. The satellite emits....... Paper-like blades. Light waves are emitted and LCL is from Asuka's eye (?). Entrappment seems to fail and then.... It blows up.

So yeah, graceful orbital bird with an unconventional AT field, Arael is the last angel to return to Rebuild even if only in spirit through a third new angel. The battle itself seems to be a spacial repeat of the fight with Unit 05 and Kushiel.

I'll find an angel name for our new angel later once I get home from work.

Edit: I found a suitable name until Gainax starts giving real names; said name is Kokabiel, named after the angel of stars (it is in space and looks like a comet so....). I see no one disagreeing so....
Gone Astray

DuelGundam2099 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_aMeQoxEW0

The first two minutes is just transporting weapons to Unit 07 (until they reveal what it is I'm giving the rebuilt Unit 02 that title).
The official designation of Unit 02 is... Unit 02'. That's been apparent in official material for a few months now.
The battle itself seems to be a spacial repeat of the fight with Unit 05 and Kushiel.

I'll find an angel name for our new angel later once I get home from work.

Edit: I found a suitable name until Gainax starts giving real names; said name is Kokabiel, named after the angel of stars (it is in space and looks like a comet so....). I see no one disagreeing so....
Why are you naming these Angels that Gainax hasn't named yet? We have official designations for them, too, the Third Angel and whatever number this current one is. Just wait until more stuff is known, the movie's only just been released. This is how weird fan rumors get started and it leads to way too much confusion; NGE already has more than enough of both.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
DuelGundam2099

Why are you naming these Angels that Gainax hasn't named yet?
They're just place holder names.
Gisol888

I wanna watch this so badly even if i'm not a big fan of japanese dubbing! I've heard the movie has been released in japan for two days! I can't wait to watch it! Damn i'm so jealus of all the japanese guys...
wow animes are just awesome!