What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
KudosForce

Re: What's Your Current Anime? Mk III

Still puttering on through L-Gaim and I have made it through the first cours. Also, I might start watching the original Cutey Honey soon, but we'll see how that goes.

How is anyone else doing so far?
DuelGundam2099

On Saturday I watched the second L. Gaim OVA which you could easily call "L.Gaim: The good parts". Also watched Kikaider vs. Inazuman since I have been watching the original Kikaider last week and am slowly trekking through the sequel, Kikaider 01. Anyway, the character designs were off and the action could have been better, but otherwise good.

I also recently started watching Nadia: Secret of The Blue Water. I am glad Gainax did not bring fan service or bouncing in this series and the music is very well done, BUT.... That is really it. I am only at episode 7 and to be honest it is kind of boring so far, they promised sea monsters and adventure, but instead it feels like Pokemon episodes with a different cast. :? This also kind of debunks this weird notion people from Gelbooru have that Nadia has gigantic feet or something (they seemed normal to me, I wonder if this is connected to Invader Zim's joke with Dib's head....). I am wondering at this point if the filler episodes will be better than what is being shown now. On a related note, considering the amount of physical trauma that happens sometimes I am amazed none of the main characters are dead, they survive things that get you on Spike TV's 1000 Ways to Die.
KudosForce

Alright, so I've recently finished watching through the 70s Cutey Honey series.

I thought it was fun, though animation continuity sure seemed to be a tad funky. Also, Honey's disguises tend to be used in odd contexts (e.g. being a bullfighter while fighting racing duo Panthers). Not to mention that the second half kinda devolved into episodic nonsense until the Paradise Academy arc. That one could have used another ep or two.

In any case, I was rather disappointed that
Spoiler
Panther Zora presumably wasn't fought until New Cutey Honey.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Currently just finished Fate Stay/Night and Steins;gate and was pleasantly surprised by both.

I know that Fate is an okay series in general, and really the only memorable character was Archer. That being said, the movie, Unlimited Blade Works was pretty damn good and almost made me like Shirou as a character instead of being annoyed by him the entire time (yes, people die when they are killed...no shit). However, the movie Unlimited Blade Works was impressive, although it is kind of rough in the first 20 minutes, it improves massively after. And again, that was mostly due to Archer and maybe Lancer. Seriously if it wasn't for those 2 characters, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed the TV show and movie as much as I did.

Saber is honestly not what I was hoping for. She was fine and a good female character, just overall she was kinda forgettable...especially since Shirou NEVER LET HER DO ANYTHING for almost the ENTIRE series.

I have heard Fate/Zero is amazing, so i guess I will see that when it gets released on Neon Alley.

Now Steins;gate, although not having the best characters (with the exception of Okabe and Makise whose chemistry not only carries the entire show, but is some of the best chemistry I have seen between characters. Period.) has a VERY good plot. I was surprised by all the twists and turns and yeah, many of the other characters could be summed up in a sentence, but I still like them...and found Mayuri adorable (oh and I love love love makise).

Currently I am watching Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (still waiting for the remainder of the series) and Blood +. Although Blood+ starts VERY predicable, the music and some hints for the future make me want to stay on to see where the rest of the story goes. I hope that this predicableness only goes on for the first 13 episodes and the series finds its own legs soon or it is going to be a struggle to get through.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Arbiter GUNDAM

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, frak yeah!!
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
BloodKnight

I'm currently rewatching the Tenchi Muyo! OVA and GXP for the first time since they were on Toonami way back when and LOVING IT! I also noticed a newer Tenchi series called War On Geminar which looks interesting, so I'll check it out next.

I'm also attempting to finish Tiger and Bunny and Fafner. But we shall see how that goes.
Amion

Still moving slowly through Orguss, but now that things have slowed down for April I'll finish soon.

Watching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and found the first gen to be pretty darn impressive (not to mention epic). I found the Second Gen premise awesome, but its characters to be somewhat *Caugh* what's the word I'm supposed to use? Fabulous? Or downright suggestive? Ah well, I am looking forward to third Gen.

And of course Gargantia and Valvrave are waiting in the wings, along with Destiny which has started.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
YokozunaBulldozer

Starting Danball Senki WARS (WATCH IT!). It is nothing like the previous two shows so do watch it if u can.

Shippu! Iron Leaguer. Don't let the super-deformed robots of the early 90's fool you as this has enough hot-bloodedness and sportsmanship on par with G Gundam IMO. :) The opening song is one bad@$$ of a hot-blooded song.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
T0-burnth1sHeart

This season, I'm following:
Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
Devil Survivor 2: The Animation
Suisei No Gargantia
Mushi Bugyou
Doki Doki Precure
Date A Live
Haiyoru! Nyarko-San W
Zettai Bouei Leviathan
Karneval
Sooooo much interesting stuff to keep me distracted from assignments this spring.
Compass

Anything worth watching? Feels like after the end of the Winter season, anime no longer exists ._.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
Dark Duel

BloodKnight wrote:I'm also attempting to finish Tiger and Bunny and Fafner. But we shall see how that goes.
Fafner is FRAKKIN' AWESOME. Yeah, I know - Hirai character designs. Still FRAKKIN' AWESOME. And Tsubaki is absolutely adorable. Must've watched that show maybe seven or eight times, and I've never gotten tired of it.
I'm a bit sad that the Right of Left prequel never got released Stateside, although we did get the sequel movie Heaven and Earth, which is also FRAKKIN' AWESOME and nicely follows up and ties into the series. And that one I've already watched three or four times.
Plus we're going to be getting a sequel series, too.

I haven't really followed much recent stuff because (A) there hasn't been much that felt worth watching in a while, and (B) I've been on a nostalgia kick for a few months, rewatching some of the older anime that I liked. I bought and marathoned GITS: Standalone Complex a while back, and I'll be wrapping up Second Gig in the next week or so. Might take a look at some of the current stuff. I never did finish Eureka 7 AO or Fate/Zero(which was pretty awesome too) either, so I might do that.
Last edited by Dark Duel on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Flame-X

Compass wrote:Anything worth watching? Feels like after the end of the Winter season, anime no longer exists ._.
Try out these:

Aku no Hana
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Majestic Prince
The Devil is a Part-Timer!
Valvrave the Liberator
Attack on Titan

Also, let this site be your guide for new and ongoing shows.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

So right now I am watching Gargantia and Attack on Titan

for almost 3 years I could not get into watching an anime, they would just bore me to death but finally it is gone with these two shows!!!
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Dark Duel

Upon recommendation by someone I was talking to, I have bought and been watching Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, which I really enjoyed. Only three episodes to go on that one.
Not sure what I'll watch next...
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Dark Duel wrote:Upon recommendation by someone I was talking to, I have bought and been watching Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040, which I really enjoyed. Only three episodes to go on that one.
Not sure what I'll watch next...
love that show, watched it as a kid

cop guy is pretty cool
YOU'RE MESHI
Mu La Flaga

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:So right now I am watching Gargantia and Attack on Titan

for almost 3 years I could not get into watching an anime, they would just bore me to death but finally it is gone with these two shows!!!
Who would that be?
Anyway I am someone who stands up for that series, since it is a pretty good entry all in all.
It's just some people give it hate when comparing it to the original, which is silly because it's a remake.
And also the sequel Bubblegum Crash aint all that great has some weird character changes and should draw more ire/hate for being a sequel.

That is what I will say and I REALLY like the 2040 incarnations of Nene and Linna.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Mu La Flaga wrote:
tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote:So right now I am watching Gargantia and Attack on Titan

Who would that be?
Anyway I am someone who stands up for that series, since it is a pretty good entry all in all.
It's just some people give it hate when comparing it to the original, which is silly because it's a remake.
And also the sequel Bubblegum Crash aint all that great has some weird character changes and should draw more ire/hate for being a sequel.

That is what I will say and I REALLY like the 2040 incarnations of Nene and Linna.
when I was a kid we had this tv channel called Locomotion, had all type of anime

used to watch Bubblegum Tokyo 2040 all the time and I never knew it was a remake
YOU'RE MESHI
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I just finished watching Blood C, WTF did I watch in episode 12

damn guys, did not know they still made violent anime
YOU'RE MESHI
brunoafh

Watching... Brain Powerd. I'm a big Tomino fan so admittedly I am going in a bit biased, but even then I'm not finding it to be terrible. The pacing is very jittery for sure, but the music is great and the mecha combat is pretty good. I'm only 6 episodes in though, guess I'll see how it goes.