The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Ryujin

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

False Prophet wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 am There is not an identify this game thread, so I will ask about the identify of this game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0DQV9_PeSY) here. Anyone know
Sunrise Eiyuutan 2 for the PS2. Gameplay's sort of like SRW, but with full-size sprites instead of SD.
AmuroNT1

Sunrise Eiyuutan is noteworthy for a few reasons. One is that it isn't limited to giant robot anime; series like Samurai Troopers (AKA Ronin Warriors) and Cowboy Bebop have been included alongside Gundam, Votoms, Big O, and others. Secondly, the series has introduced Original Generation-style mecha that were specifically made to be piloted by canon characters like Amuro Ray, Heero Yuy, Sho Zama, and Chirico Cuvie and are essentially upgraded (or further upgraded) versions of their iconic mecha like Wing Zero and the Scopedog.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Mikaelzski

Please name this anime!?!?!

Hi... I've been trying to remember this anime for years now. Maybe some one here can help. I'm fairly certain it may have been a film/OVA but as i dont remember ever seeing the begining it could have been a series and i just caught the last few episodes. It was a long time ago. Saw it late on the scifi channel if that helps anyone.

Story from what i remember is that 2 parallel earths collide (Altho you dont find that out till near the end). The result is a world where 2 factions keep digging up mecha machines and using them in a war against each other. Neither side knows where all the machines come from. Both sides have found giant ship weapons by the end they intend to use against each other. I know its a man or boy who discovers an alien/energy life form that informs him about the machines used in a war on his world and that the two giant ship weapons need to be destroyed in order for reality to go back to normal. He gives him a super mecha and the boy goes to work... at the end the boy is relaxing in a field (i think) with no memory of his role in untangling the two worlds...

If any one could help that would be awesome... the only thing i could say is that i dont think its a gundam. Ive looked them up and none seem to fit...
Mikaelzski

Re: Please name this anime!?!?!

T
Last edited by Mikaelzski on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikaelzski

That list is awesome thank you, a few things on there i remember how ether i dont see it in there so i feel that it cannot be a complete list... It was definitely the sci-fi chanel tho and i can almost gaurantee you it was a midnight or later showing. I use to stay up very late to watch this stuff and the sci-fi chanel was the only place i knew of to watch it all. I loved that chanel back in the day not just for the anime so i know that it was on there...

Cheers again
LightningCount

Interesting...Since you only saw some episodes, it could be that your description is skewed, so I'm going to go out on a limb and see if I can guess it with a few things that sound in the ballpark. I'm mainly going off of the parallel worlds and buried past ideas here, so...

If it was indeed SyFy/SciFi Channel:
1.) Gurren Lagann (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurren_Lagann) <--This one sounds the most like it, I think. It ran on the channel in 2008
2.) Now and Then, Here and There (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_T ... _and_There)
3.) Noein: To Your Other Self (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noein:_To_Your_Other_Self)

If it was Adult Swim or someplace else, by chance:
1.) Eureka Seven (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eureka_Seven)
2.) Orguss 02 (https://myanimelist.net/anime/2090/Chou ... _Orguss_02)
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
AceWhatever

Based on the description it sounds like Orguss 02. Also please keep in mind there's a dedicated thread for these kinds of requests.
Mikaelzski

Lightningcount and AceWhatever... Thank you so much i think it is Orguss 02... I have been trying to work this out 'on and off' for years. Have tried tons of different threads and message boards in the past and no one ever seemed to have any clue. Common answer was it must be Gundam. I will be tracking down a copy of it now...

Thanks again... Awesome!!!
UniverseGangster

Help me find this mecha anime

The mecha has two pilots one boy an girl the mech had a power that could make anything sentient (they demonstrated on a paper plane) and when the boy was young he meant an Alien lady that had the same power

Any help is appreciated thanks in advance
darkwraith7

I'm trying to help a buddy remember the name of a mecha based anime where the main hero is a new guy of sorts and in his team are two white haired twins one a boy the other a girl who look almost exactly alike and don't like the main character until at some point he puts a hair clip or something in the girls hair to help tell them apart which I guess makes like from then on... I know its not much to go on but that's all he can remember about it other than it was show we both watched. I don't really remember the show at all as it was like 5 fives ago we watched but I'm sure it would be something similar to like buddy complex or muv luv alternate. Any help figuring out what show that might be is much appreciated.
AceWhatever

I'm drawing a blank on UniverseGangster's but the "hair clip to tell the girl apart from the boy twin" sounds exactly like Linebarrels though the twins don't have white hair.
darkwraith7

I give that a check for sure, and he could easily have gotten the hair color wrong as this is a guy who thought Alucard for Hellsing Ultimate was a woman lol
Kuruni

...How is that has anything to does with this thread?
My girlfriend was a loli.
Mikeyboy12

Help with a show name from my childhood

Tough one really and not holding up much hope.
Mecha suits that kind of went round on rollerblades
Remember one of the guys saying destroy obliterate eliminate or something along those lines.
Probably watched this around 1997-2005 maybe hard to remember
Cheers guys and girls
AceWhatever

Mecha suits on rollerblades brings to mind the following:
Votoms (1983)
Nadesico (1997)
Eureka 7 (2005)
Code Geas (2006)

But otherwise we'd need more details.
Mikeyboy12

They’re too anime if you understand where I’m coming from. I’m not clued up on the genres too much they looked more human If you get what I mean
AceWhatever

Maybe Blue Gender (1999)? The art style in that one is somewhat less cartoony than the other examples.
Mikeyboy12

Was more of a mech vs mech in sports kinda thing than against allies
Iris Scope

Mikeyboy12 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:36 am Was more of a mech vs mech in sports kinda thing than against allies
IGPX or Zoids is off the top of my head what i can think of.