The Official Identify this Show Thread

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8, Destiny_Gundam, Kenji

lazywhitebasterd
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

NEED ASSISTANCE!!

Post by lazywhitebasterd » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Okay, so my names Dean and im from Canada. Roughly 10 years ago a mecha anime show was on a channel called YTV. It involved suits of armor in a medieval fashion fighting and such. I was rather young so my memory is kind of vague, but i remember the show being quite dark and ominous. If anyone has any idea what show this is or can list off a couple suggestions, i would be very appreciative. Thank You :D

User avatar
Arsarcana
OMG Doomsday Laser
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:26 am

Re: NEED ASSISTANCE!!

Post by Arsarcana » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:28 pm

This is the mecha board, the anime board is over that way. When you go there, you might consider this topic of some interest.

User avatar
ShadowCell
Traitor Villain
Posts: 5731
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by ShadowCell » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

threads merged. carry on.

User avatar
Seto Kaiba
Creepy Bishonen
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:18 pm
Contact:

Re: NEED ASSISTANCE!!

Post by Seto Kaiba » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm

lazywhitebasterd wrote:Okay, so my names Dean and im from Canada. Roughly 10 years ago a mecha anime show was on a channel called YTV. It involved suits of armor in a medieval fashion fighting and such. I was rather young so my memory is kind of vague, but i remember the show being quite dark and ominous. If anyone has any idea what show this is or can list off a couple suggestions, i would be very appreciative. Thank You :D
Already sent ya a PM about it 'fore the threads were merged, but you're probably thinking of The Vision of Escaflowne.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...

User avatar
NastyNate
HiMAT Spammer
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by NastyNate » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 am

There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

User avatar
zabimustdie
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by zabimustdie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:34 am

NastyNate wrote:There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
Xyber 9. It plagued me for a long time too because I thought it was called Red Planet for something like that. Hope this helped!
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross

User avatar
NastyNate
HiMAT Spammer
Posts: 903
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 am
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by NastyNate » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 am

zabimustdie wrote:
NastyNate wrote:There is a show that used to come on saturday morning cartoons. It was about a boy who finds this staff and it talks to him. With the staff he can insert it into machines and use them. Meanwhile a group of bad guys are chassing him and trying to get this staff back . Does anyone know what this one is?
Xyber 9. It plagued me for a long time too because I thought it was called Red Planet for something like that. Hope this helped!
That is totally it! Many thanks! :D
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ

User avatar
zabimustdie
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:57 am
Location: Texas

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by zabimustdie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 pm

You are very welcome NastyNate! I think it came out around the time that Escaflowne was on ABC. Those were the days.
"Where there is no death, there is life." - Ghost in Chronopolis, Chrono Cross

kaizokuj
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Please help me identify this series!

Post by kaizokuj » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Hi, I'm here today to ask you guys to help me find a series I have been looking for for the last 3 years.
When I was younger I remember seeing a series that I remember as following (tho I may be wrong on certain facts);

I remember the main character was a guy probably late teens early 20's, I THINK they were not on earth, the main character was being chased by something I believe a mech or unmanned mech. He hides in what he thinks is a piece of junk, this however turns out to be a mecha which was bipedal, had a lion design head wise and used a gatling gun as a primary weapon. There was also a princess on a spaceship that the protagonist teams up with.
If I remember correctly he was the only one who could pilot the mech in question.

The show probably aired somewhere before 1998 as I was under 10 years old at the time.
I know it is not much but I hope anyone can help me finally find what series it was.

User avatar
ShadowCell
Traitor Villain
Posts: 5731
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by ShadowCell » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:14 pm

threads merged

User avatar
Gyra Solune
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by Gyra Solune » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:16 pm

kaizokuj wrote:Hi, I'm here today to ask you guys to help me find a series I have been looking for for the last 3 years.
When I was younger I remember seeing a series that I remember as following (tho I may be wrong on certain facts);

I remember the main character was a guy probably late teens early 20's, I THINK they were not on earth, the main character was being chased by something I believe a mech or unmanned mech. He hides in what he thinks is a piece of junk, this however turns out to be a mecha which was bipedal, had a lion design head wise and used a gatling gun as a primary weapon. There was also a princess on a spaceship that the protagonist teams up with.
If I remember correctly he was the only one who could pilot the mech in question.

The show probably aired somewhere before 1998 as I was under 10 years old at the time.
I know it is not much but I hope anyone can help me finally find what series it was.

VERY late reply, but this appears to be Ninja Senshi Tobikage (Ninja Robots in the US). The lion mech is not Tobikage itself, but rather a support-ish heavy artillery-ish unit that Tobikage can merge with to make into an actual lion.
"If this turns you on in the slightest, you are a disgusting pervert."

-Maxim for whatever I post (which makes me a disgusting pervert)

teslashark
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by teslashark » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:39 am

Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
A 3D movie, maybe done by Production IG? About a future/colony planet civilazation which is fighting with less-advanced tribal people who guard a lost technlogy. The secret turns out to be some blueprints and a code to awake buried giant war robots, the heroin pilots one in the end and used it to dismantle the colony(another one is in the city's core). The robots are part of the colony, maybe.
We've paid for the wind and the turbulence, enjoy!
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=3292667

Deus257
Lackey GM Pilot
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:36 pm

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by Deus257 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:31 pm

teslashark wrote:Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
A 3D movie, maybe done by Production IG? About a future/colony planet civilazation which is fighting with less-advanced tribal people who guard a lost technlogy. The secret turns out to be some blueprints and a code to awake buried giant war robots, the heroin pilots one in the end and used it to dismantle the colony(another one is in the city's core). The robots are part of the colony, maybe.
I think your talking about Ark, it was a 2004 animated film, I think there is an article on wikipedia on it,

teslashark
Mysterious Masked Dude
Posts: 550
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:40 am

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by teslashark » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:20 pm

Deus257 wrote:
teslashark wrote:Again, who've heard of the show I mentioned before?
A 3D movie, maybe done by Production IG? About a future/colony planet civilazation which is fighting with less-advanced tribal people who guard a lost technlogy. The secret turns out to be some blueprints and a code to awake buried giant war robots, the heroin pilots one in the end and used it to dismantle the colony(another one is in the city's core). The robots are part of the colony, maybe.
I think your talking about Ark, it was a 2004 animated film, I think there is an article on wikipedia on it,
You got it! The robots are called Arks.
We've paid for the wind and the turbulence, enjoy!
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=3292667

User avatar
Angelo Sauper
Cardboard Leo Ace
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by Angelo Sauper » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:37 pm

Two shows, one I don't know the identity of, and another in which I forgot the name.

First one, always applauded for being ultra realistic, though it had creepy ancient japanese voodoo dancing with masks, the mechs seemed quite militaristic and I remember military control rooms and such.

Second, I remember one episode, a girl who builds mecha model kits enters a model competition, though her grandfather takes her entry in her place because for whatever reason she's embarrassed that a young girl has that kind of hobby. Skip forward, her grandfather dies (I think) and she's kidnapped by a guy pretending to be her mother (I'm sure), she's taken to a remote place, eventually ends up trapped in a mechanical joint in a giant mecha, she then enters the cockpit at some point later in the episode... That's all I remember.

Hyakushiki
Okawara x Katoki Love Child
Posts: 1241
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:07 pm

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by Hyakushiki » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm

The first show is Gazaraki, and the second is Jinki: Extend.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!

User avatar
Angelo Sauper
Cardboard Leo Ace
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:22 pm

Re: The Official Identify this Show Thread

Post by Angelo Sauper » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

gsc000
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Can't remember the name... please help me

Post by gsc000 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

Guys, this is probably the wrong place to ask this but, i'm desperate, i can't remeber the name of a great mecha cartoon, it was like this...

In the first episode there a kind of tournament where alot's of people are in with their robots/mechas, then there is this guys that was in this tournament but i can't remember what happen to his mecha, turns out that the one of the guilds lost a member then he started to go out with them, as number 7 or 8 ( their mechas had numbers).

They would travel by train.

And i also remember one episode that he was training and the oposite guid changed their training ammunition( paint) with real ones.

Their mechas would walk or just use the weels in their soles to move.

The whole thing was in earth, not in the space and wasn't an anime( i think so)

Please guys, if you could help me remember the name of this cartoon i would be very thankful.

DuelGundam2099

Re: Can't remember the name... please help me

Post by DuelGundam2099 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:26 pm

The only series with a first episode like that I can think of is Super Robot Wars: Divine Wars. Tell me, was this in english dub or sub?

gsc000
Mecha Flunky
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:54 pm

Re: Can't remember the name... please help me

Post by gsc000 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:09 pm

no... it was not that one, in this one they don't have to do anything with space.
the mechas don't look that much like robots( with legs and arms, or have a human trace)

i can't remember if it was dub or sub, but it's been a long time, if i'm not wrong 2003/ 2004.
i checked the lists you guys got here.

it's really driving me nuts...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests