Gundam Seed/Destiny Remaster Gets (re)Dub

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Gundam Seed/Destiny Remaster Gets (re)Dub

Soma Taozi wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am
MarshalBraginsky wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm Just out of curiosity, will they announce the date of the broadcasting of the (re)dubbed Gundam SEED episodes?
I am not sure if they will rebroadcast the show, unless toonami gets a hold of it. I am assuming they will release the bluerays and that will be the extent of it. I suppose there is a chance gundaminfo on youtube will upload them to the site? Since they did that with the IBO dub.
I doubt that Cartoon Network would air either series, at least in the US. Over a decade ago, SEED wasn't a ratings hit and unceremoniously finished its run on a graveyard time slot. Due to its low ratings, CN declined to air GSD. I don't see them wanting to come back now and give air time to something that wasn't popular, even if it was 13 years ago.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
DarthYAM

Well to be fair part of that wast the absurd edits Toonami put on it (The disco guns); people might have been a bit more forgiving without it and it wasn't bad once the edits were removed.
Seto Kaiba

DarthYAM wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am Well to be fair part of that wast the absurd edits Toonami put on it (The disco guns); people might have been a bit more forgiving without it and it wasn't bad once the edits were removed.
Agreed... the Toonami edit was so dreadful that it prevented me from ever getting past the 12th episode of Gundam SEED until Crunchyroll made the unedited HD Remaster available.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
BrentD15

DarthYAM wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am Well to be fair part of that wast the absurd edits Toonami put on it (The disco guns); people might have been a bit more forgiving without it and it wasn't bad once the edits were removed.
Wait, there were Toonami edits?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Seto Kaiba

BrentD15 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm Wait, there were Toonami edits?
You don't remember them digitally editing all of the handguns in the series into pew-pew laser pistols that look like something NERF might sell?
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
AmuroNT1

Yeah, the broadcast version of Seed tried to censor handguns by painting on neon-colored strips and covering the muzzles with red circles to turn them into laser weapons. The effect was so cheesy that they were quickly nicknamed "disco guns", and some fans maintain the theory that it was cheesy on purpose, since CN realized that anyone with half a brain would realize the show had been edited and decided "We might as well give them something to laugh at in the meantime."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Dark Duel

Yeah, I remember the “disco guns”. It was actually almost hilarious just how goofy they looked and how glaringly obvious it was that this was a bad, quick-and-dirty editing job.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Areku

But why did it take so long to upscale disco guns into MS beam weaponry?

Usually scale development is the other way around.
BrentD15

Dark Duel wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm Yeah, I remember the “disco guns”. It was actually almost hilarious just how goofy they looked and how glaringly obvious it was that this was a bad, quick-and-dirty editing job.
Oh my gawd... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Arbiter GUNDAM

I doubt it. Gundam was pretty much dead in the US by that point and the hardcore fans wouldn't have been enough.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
DarthYAM

True but they sure didn't help
Iris Scope

Didn't really feel like giving this bit of news a topic all of it's own since it's Seed related but it's worth peeking into since it's been decades since the last time we heard progress on the Seed movie, if staff says it's moving along that's probably something.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... us/.150855
bhayes82

has anyone seen the new clips of the new dub for seed?

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/12 ... 3774597120

https://twitter.com/NozomiEnt/status/12 ... 3182070785

i gotta say. not bad but why have two dubs??? the 1st dub was perfect. why screw with perfection???
Deathzealot

Huh. I didn't know there was going to be a Dub for the Remaster?
yazi88

The dub for the Seed and Destiny Remasters were announced a long time ago, I believe it was last year.

Nozomi did a new dub because the license for the older dub from Bandai Entertainment days was expired, plus syncing it to the newer stuff was also a complication.

To be honest, outside of a few voices like Mu and Rau's voice actors, I didn't much for the original english dub of Seed and Destiny.
Deathzealot

Oh. Now I remember it. Huh.

I honestly liked the original dub, then again that is how I first watched the series many years ago. Therefore, this one kind sounds a bit different then what I am used too.
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

https://twitter.com/nozomient/status/12 ... 20?lang=en

Wander my friends, wander with me

Like the mist on the green mountain, moving eternally
Despite our weariness
We'll follow the road
Over hill and valleys
To the end of the journey

But seriously, they have taken their sweet time. But who I'm a kidding? I'm such a trash Gundam fan that I'll buy it whenever it gets released.
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
BrentD15

Alright, cool.