After War Gundam X Updates...and Maybe Answers

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
LightningCount

After War Gundam X Updates...and Maybe Answers

As Sunrise's Hideyuki Tomioka kind of let slip during the Nozomi/RightStuf panel at Otakon, Gundam X is finally coming to Blu-ray, and it will be remastered with tons of extras. Release date is March 23, 2018 in Japan.

As such, the creators are talking, both on these discs and on Twitter.

Character designer Nobuyoshi Nishimura says he doesn't like the notion that people say Gundam X was "cancelled." He says it should be clarified that it was only shortened and restructured, no different than what happened with Gundam 0079. The full story and Blu-ray info are here along with messages from screenplay writer Hiroyuki Kawasaki and manga artist Koichi Tokita: http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/interest ... us/.120696

The extras on this release, especially the new audio commentary, sound like an amazing chance to learn more about what happened and what could have been: "The collection will include re-mastered versions of the 39 anime episodes, a 36-page video jacket art booklet, a 64-page special booklet, the opening and ending songs, a collection of the commercials for the plastic figures, the trailer for the first episode, a re-release of the 144-page digital archive booklet included in the DVD memorial box released in 2005, a collection of videos from the games that Gundam X appears in, a new audio commentary, and a special 4-page leaflet from the staff. The total run-time is 970 minutes."

There is a promo for the new Blu-rays here, but the new trailer is region-locked: http://www.gundam-x.net/index.html I imagine RightStuf will put out a North American version eventually. Based on what's happening with G-Gundam (its Blu-rays are coming 2018 outside of Japan), I'd guess sometime in 2019.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Amion

Re: After War Gundam X Updates...and Maybe Answers

Good news for Gundam X fans from here to the moon. (sorry, couldn't resist the bad joke) I'm sure many hope to see their curiosity sated after all these years of mystery.

Thanks for sharing this, Count.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
BrentD15

Perhaps a second chance at selling Gunpla?
Seriously, the Gundam X units get no love.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Dark Duel

Most of them don't. The GX lineage at least got some love, and we did get one Leopard variant in BFT. But poor Airmaster seems to've been snubbed despite appearing once in BF, and the Jenice and other units get no love at all :(
Mind you I'm a tad biased - Airmaster was always my favorite of the GX Gundams.

EDIT: Apparently I was somewhat mistaken - Airmaster did get a HGAW kit release. Makes its apparent exclusion from the GBF line even more baffling to me, since the molds would already exist in that case and I think it would need maybe one runner's worth of new parts for the BFT version.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Amion

My poor Virsago. Forever confined to mediocre appreciation. May its gunplas rest in one piece, whole and adored by that gunpla modeling sensei in Build Fighters, where ALL gunpla get sold. ;D
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.