Old Gundam profile corrections

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
Zhflx
Cardboard Leo Ace

Re: Old Gundam profile corrections

Post by Zhflx » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:50 pm

Note- I don't know whether you would consider this a double post so I apologize in advance.

The Apsalus and the Apsalus II have the cockpit of the Apsalus III in their lineart.

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 am

I guess either Chris overlook this or I fail to mention its source last time, but Crossbone Vanguard MS's profile note their manufacturer as Crossbone Vanguad. Their are actually produce by Buch Aerodynamics as noted on Gundam Official's glossary (on Buch Cencern)
The Ronah family's business empire, established in U.C. 0055. Its subdivisions include the Buch Junk salvage company, the mobile suit manufacturer Buch Aerodynamics, and a vocational training school which later provides the basis for the private army known as the Crossbone Vanguard.
My girlfriend was a loli.

Goatee Gundam
Cardboard Leo Ace

Post by Goatee Gundam » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:26 am

The The O is listed as having 4 sub-arms when it only has 2.
The link to Char's Return under novels is dead.
The GAT-X370 Raider Gundam: "Zorn" 100mm energy cannon, fire-linked, mounted on mouth; There's only one cannon.
I've noticed that from looking at lineart that the Hi-Zack and Galbaldy Beta seem to use the same beam saber, or is it just me?

scythedd7
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by scythedd7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am

Was watching the third Zeta Movie and it shows the Zeta firing 3 missile/grenades from the bottom of its shield from 2 tubes in the final moments battling The O, and it definitely wasn't the forearm ones (there's a really clear shot of it). I think the profile should add this, maybe noting that it's from the movie.
...?

Strike105
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by Strike105 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:36 pm

I've just got 3 things, two of which I am not 100% on:

1. I just found that both the M1A Astray and the M1 Astray Shrike have the same Beam Saber location error that the M1 Astray used to have before it was corrected. It says that both Beam Sabers are behind the left shoulder. They are behind both shoulders.

EDIT: Just thought I'd fit this in here: The M1 Astray, M1A Astray, and the M1 Astray Shrike do not have their shields listed in their armaments.

2. I have not watched Victory Gundam, but judging by the lineart, the Beam Pistols double as the trigger and grip for the Beam Rifles used by the Victory Gundam, Victory Gundam Hexa, and V2 Gundam. If this is true in the series, then I think this feature should get a mention somewhere.

3. Because the Gun-EZ and Gunblaster apparently use the same Beam Rifle as the Victory Gundam, they should have a Beam Pistol listed in their armaments if I am correct about #2.
Last edited by Strike105 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scythedd7
Newtype Emo Guy

Post by scythedd7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Strike105 wrote:2. I have not watched Victory Gundam, but judging by the lineart, the Beam Pistols double as the trigger and grip for the Beam Rifles used by the Victory Gundam, Victory Gundam Hexa, and V2 Gundam. If this is true in the series, then I think this feature should get a mention somewhere.

3. Because the Gun-EZ and Gunblaster apparently use the same Beam Rifle as the Victory Gundam, they should have a Beam Pistol listed in their armaments if I am correct about #2.
I have a V2 model manual that suggests the same, so you're probably right
...?

Wingnut
Hot-blooded Gattai

Post by Wingnut » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:37 pm

A couple of changes need to be made for the Crossbone Gundam manga listing.
As this crop of a page from volume 4 shows, there are Reinforce class ships among the Federation fleet and not Ark class ships as currently listed.

The Clop class can also be added to the EFF ship listing for the manga.

So to summarize: Change the Ark class to Reinforce and add the Clop class under Vehicles and Support Units for the EFF.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

DeltasTaii
HiMAT Spammer

Post by DeltasTaii » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:38 pm

The F-50D Guntank still has the manufacturer listed as Anaheim Electronics. This seems pretty blatantly out of date as we now know it has an SNRI model number, was developed from the SNRI D-50C, and the Japanese Wiki lists it as SNRI to boot.

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:25 pm

DeltasTaii wrote:The F-50D Guntank still has the manufacturer listed as Anaheim Electronics. This seems pretty blatantly out of date as we now know it has an SNRI model number, was developed from the SNRI D-50C, and the Japanese Wiki lists it as SNRI to boot.
Anaheim Electronics did build SNRI-designed MS, such as the F-71 G-Cannon. Unless there is some more credible source out there that says SNRI actually built the F-50D, I see no reason for the information to be changed.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:45 pm

mcred23 wrote:Anaheim Electronics did build SNRI-designed MS, such as the F-71 G-Cannon. Unless there is some more credible source out there that says SNRI actually built the F-50D, I see no reason for the information to be changed.
Why should there be any manufacturer listed at all? As far as I can remember, up until Gundam Unicorn, there was never any real indication who built the Guntank R-44 in the first place.

-- Mark

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm

toysdream wrote:Why should there be any manufacturer listed at all? As far as I can remember, up until Gundam Unicorn, there was never any real indication who built the Guntank R-44 in the first place.
'Cause I'm assuming Chris (Or whoever wrote the profile) had some reason (Such as a source) for listing AE as the manufacturer. :P :roll:

toysdream
Master of Mecha

Post by toysdream » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:43 pm

mcred23 wrote:'Cause I'm assuming Chris (Or whoever wrote the profile) had some reason (Such as a source) for listing AE as the manufacturer. :P :roll:
On the other hand, it could just be an unverified claim for which nobody remembers a source - we do run across those every now and then. At this point, we've probably expended more energy on this than it's worth, but I don't know if that eye-rolling icon is called for - cute as it is. :-)

-- Mark

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Post by mcred23 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Mr. Mark wrote: On the other hand, it could just be an unverified claim for which nobody remembers a source - we do run across those every now and then. At this point, we've probably expended more energy on this than it's worth
True enough. :D
Mr. Asked To Be Called Jackass, and so I still do!, wrote:but I don't know if that eye-rolling icon is called for - cute as it is. :-)
We don't have a shrug icon and I didn't spend the extra two seconds to figure that good ol' Greeny would probably be better/fill that role. :mrgreen:

DeltasTaii
HiMAT Spammer

Post by DeltasTaii » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 am

As it is, the F71 reads "Anaheim Electronics (based on a design by Strategic Naval Research Institute)", so I think one could safely say the F50 profile deserves a change one way or another, even if it were to remove manufacturer entirely. For what it's worth the Japanese wiki also suggests that AE was partially responsible for design and SNRI produced F71 units as well, although it's unclear if the specification differs. This logically makes sense and is consistent though, so having them as joint manufacturers would probably be better.

I think it's pretty safe to say that the F50 was never mass produced and thus SNRI never would have needed AE to manufacture any machines for them. The burden of proof would have to be on AE being present rather than not.

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:38 pm

This is such an insignificant issue that I really don't care at all about, so don't waste your time debating what it should or shouldn't be. If you have a clear answer one way or another, good, but if not, leave it alone.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

Jack-O
Mecha Flunky

Post by Jack-O » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:05 pm

This is for the Zaku II F2
Though the introduction of the F2-type came later in the wat
Don't know if that was brought up before. Just a simple spelling mistake :)
Not as good of a lurker as some but still quite good.

Destroy Gundam
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Destroy Gundam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:44 pm

Unless he piloted one in later volumes, Fon Spaak should be removed as a Enact pilot and moved to the Hellion (The Hellion Perpetuum), since he piloted one when he took a look at the battle in the Takamilikan desert.

Not sure if Hanayo would also count, since it was in the cockpit with him.
REGENE: (Grins) Any last words, Buuuuur-ing?
(Bring just grits his teeth and the Garazzo’s escape pod breaks off from its main body, flying straight up.)
REGENE: (Shakes head) Right then. Forgot we don’t talk on Planet You.

Strike_Rouge_Mk2
Mysterious Masked Dude

Post by Strike_Rouge_Mk2 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Just a random spelling error for the GP02
The shield also carried the trigger and barrel for the atomic bazooka when it was no deployed for use.
Just wanting to help, but I guess it'll be all right to ignore :roll:
Zeonic Glory wrote:Sorry to ask this but, what does kawaii mean?
Be kawaii and visit the Art and Multimedia section.

Kuruni
Der Bigen Slicen

Post by Kuruni » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:16 am

Kshtriya's profile and official Gundam UC english note NZ-000's romanji as "Queen Mansa".
My girlfriend was a loli.

J-Lead
Retconned MSV Ace

Post by J-Lead » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:36 am

Jack Baird should be added to the list of Rick Dias pilots.

Source: Ecole Du Ciel Vol. 8

Posted this elsewhere but totally forgot that this is thread it goes in. :?
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."