Escaflowne TV review errors

Lineart, documentation and archive corrections can be submitted here.
animalia
Lackey GM Pilot

Escaflowne TV review errors

Post by animalia » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Here is a list of errors i have noted in the Escaflowne TV review section.

I do not mean to be critical I am just a minor prefectionist.

1) The official title on the DVD set for episode 1 is Fateful Confession. (i am aware that that means the same thing as the current listed title i feel that when an official title exists it should be used.)

2) The character whose name is spelled Chester[/] in the reviews, has is name spelled Shesta In the official DVD subtitles, as previously stated i fell that when an official translation/transliteration of a title or name exists it should be used.

3) The name of Allen's Guymelef is spelled Schezarade in the reviews, but is spelled Scherazade in the official subtitles.

4) The official Episode 6 title on the episode itself and on the DVD menu is City Of Intrigue, the review has it as The Capital Of Intrigue. Although to be fair the DVD CASE has it
Capital
as well.

5) The official name of Van's mother is Varie, the review (s) has it spelled without an e

6) The official name of Van's father is Goau but the reviews have it spelled as Gaou instead.

7) The official episode title for episode 10 has an hyphen between the words Blue and Eyed.

8) The official transliteration of the adviser to Freid is Voris. You guys have it spelled with a B. I am aware that the two are interchangeable in Japan but again I feel that where an official version exists it should be used.

9) Zongi's race are known as Doppelgangers you have them called Deceptants.

10) The name of the person who Zongi impersonates is spelled Plaktu you have it spelled Plactu.

11) Fried's Capital city is spelled Godashim. You left out the h

12) It is Book Of Lions not Chapter Of Lions.

13) The Episode 14 title is Dangerous Wounds, NOT Dangerous Scars.

14) On the episode 15 review the title on the web page is listed as The Lost Paradise, in the official title is just Lost Paradise without a "The."

15) Also in the episode 15 review it mentions a point where Merle brings Dryden some food, when it was actually Millerna who brought him food.

16) The Official spelling of the continent where the Mystic Valley is located is Asgard, but you have it as Asguld.

17) The title BAR for both the episode 16 & 17 displays Dangerous Scars instead of the proper episode title.

18) The official English title for episode 18 is The[/] Gravity Of Destiny. NOT Gravity Of Fate.

19) The Official Title for episode 19 is Operation Golden Rule Of Love WITHOUT a colon.

20) The Official Title for episode 20 is False Voes NOT False Pledge

21) The official title for episode 22 is The Black-Winged Angel NOT The Angel With Black Wings.

22) The official title for episode 23 is Storm Premonition NOT Sign Of A Storm.

23) The official transliteration of the place where the meeting of Austuria and its allies was supposed to take place in is Rampart NOT Lampart.

24) The official title of episode 24 is Fateful Decision NOT Choosing Fate.

25) The official episode title of episode 25 is Zone Of Absolute Fortune NOT .THE Zone Of Absolute Fortune.

26) The Official Spelling is Cesario NOT Chezario. Also it is Basram NOT Baslam.

Quiddity
Creepy Bishonen

Re: Escaflowne TV review errors

Post by Quiddity » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:14 pm

The author here! Short answer on those is that they are reviews that are about 12 or 13 years old that I wrote after watching fansubs, not the official release. Although they're dated 2006 here, they were actually originally written around 5 or 6 years prior for my long dead Escaflowne web site before the official DVDs came out. I wouldn't mind a redo (and perhaps a revisit to some of the review comments as well) at some point.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.

animalia
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by animalia » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:45 pm

No problem. Thanks for not being upset

animalia
Lackey GM Pilot

Post by animalia » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:16 am

Also thanks for your re-reviews. They fix all but two of the problems.

Those problems are:

1) The official episode title for episode 10 has an hyphen between the words Blue and Eyed.

&

2) The title BAR for episode 16 STILL displays Dangerous Scars instead of the proper episode title.