Ep. 088: Gravity & Interstellar

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 088: Gravity & Interstellar

Chaos Theater Ep. 088 - "Gravity & Interstellar"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 76 mins, 15 sec. (1:16:15) 34.91 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:14:39

02. Discussion: "Gravity & Interstellar"
Runtime: 0:15:18 - 1:01:19

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:01:42 - 1:15:15

Chaos Theater is heading up to the stars for a space-themed double feature. After catching up on what we've been doing, we discuss Alfonso Cuaron's 2013 disaster flick Gravity, followed by Christopher Nolan's 2014 space epic Interstellar. We then close out with Audible recommendations and your Mailbag questions. Next time, we're busting ghosts, so stay tuned.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Stay" from Interstellar by Hans Zimmer
"Shenzou" from Gravity by Steven Price

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Chris
Administrator

Re: Ep. 088: Gravity & Interstellar

phillosmaster wrote:I agree with you guys that the length of Gravity being one of it's strengths. It's very similar to Cast Away since they are both survival movies. While I liked Cast Away it definitely would have been better served as a much shorter movie. Gravity never gives you the time to be bored or disinterested because it moves from one life threatening situation to the next. When the survival situation is over the movie ends. It's a nicely packaged movie.
Sorry, your post got messed up while migrating to the new topic.
angelwingzero

I think something may be wrong with the download link. Can't seem to save the file.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Chris
Administrator

angelwingzero wrote:I think something may be wrong with the download link. Can't seem to save the file.
Fixed.
Flame-X

Saw both movies and loved it! I like Interstellar a little bit better because it moved me so emotionally like no other sci-fi movies could. This may sound corny but the main theme I got from Interstellar was love transcending time and space.