Ep. 077: Indiana Jones

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 077: Indiana Jones

Chaos Theater Ep. 077 - "Indiana Jones"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 149 mins, 12 sec. (2:29:12) 68.31 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:36:39

02. Discussion: "Indiana Jones"
Runtime: 0:37:13 - 1:58:51

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:59:32 - 2:28:19

If podcasting has a name, it must be Chaos Theater. In this episode, we catch up on what we've been doing. The main topic covers the Indiana Jones movies, including Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Temple of Doom, The Last Crusade and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. There's also discussion of Frank Darabont's original script for the fourth film, plus a brief mention of the Young Indiana Jones TV series. We close out as usual with Audible recommendations and your questions from the Mailbag. Next time, we're heading to Middle Earth to discuss The Lord of the Rings.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Makoto's Stage - Spunky" from Street Fighter III: Third Strike by Hideki Okugawa
"Elena's Stage - Beats in my Head" from Street Fighter III: Third Strike by Hideki Okugawa

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Wingnut

Re: Ep. 077: Indiana Jones

Relevant video here, the Indiana Jones Wilhelm Scream compilation covering all 4 movies. Total count: 6 confirmed with 1 probable. And dang, that original script sounds like a really good movie. I also may take Pedro up on his audible recommendation as I really liked the Stardust movie.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
phillosmaster

I liked Doom. It's not anywhere near Raiders and Crusade, but it's miles above Crystal Skull. I'm alright with Short Round. When I was a kid I'd jump at the opportunity go on adventures with Indy. So he's understandable as a window character for your audience. Yeah the Willie scenes are all hard to watch. Even as a kid I hated her. It's an interesting film because it is like reading a turn of the century pulp serial. Yeah Racism and all, which is awkward to watch now as an adult.

Crystal Skull just doesn't work at all as a movie let alone an Indiana Jones movie. It feels like people just going through the motion. I know it might sounds corny to say these movies have a magic to them, but they do. They had a certain "je ne sais quoi" about it. This one that magic is noticably lacking. It's possible the major players lost that youthful excitement for the genre.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
mightygary101

I like Indiana Jones as always thanks for sharing this thread here. :)
Your extrema ratio My Back, My Gun, Your Head.
bertman4

"Filmmaker Steven Soderbergh posted a silent, black-and-white version of Raiders of the Lost Ark along with an essay on staging in film on his site Extension 765."
http://laughingsquid.com/filmmaker-stev ... -lost-ark/