Ep. 067: Watchmen & Game Club Pt 5

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 067: Watchmen & Game Club Pt 5

Chaos Theater Ep. 067 - "Watchmen & Game Club Pt 5"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 138 mins, 33 sec. (2:18:33) 63.43 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:22:09

02. Discussion: "Watchmen"
Runtime: 0:22:47 - 1:21:19

03. Discussion: "Game Club: The Walking Dead Ep 5"
Runtime: 1:21:50 - 2:13:32

04. Outro: "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 2:14:08 - 2:16:33

Who watches the Watchmen? In this new episode, we kick things off by catching up what we've been doing. Then we shift into our first topic, a discussion of Alan Moore's classic comic Watchmen, along with the 2009 movie adaptation and a brief mention of the recent prequel comics. We then wrap up the main story of The Walking Dead as we talk about episode 5, "No Time Left." There's no Mailbag or Audible recommendations this episode due to time constraints. Next time, we're going to a galaxy far, far away to talk Star Wars, followed by the final installment of the Game Club with the DLC chapter "400 Days."

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"k1ll wa iLL" from Kill la Kill by Hiroyuki Sawano
"Clementine" from The Walking Dead by Jared Emerson-Johnson
"Kick=KELL" from Kill la Kill by Hiroyuki Sawano

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Blackbeltsam

Re: Ep. 067: Watchmen & Game Club Pt 5

alright, I get it, the islanders should have just eaten Gilligan.

Also, curse you for making me buy an awesome Batman comic.
Twitter.com/Blackbelt_sam
phillosmaster

In the Walking Dead comic they save several character's lives by cutting their limbs off so it's well established in the lore. They always do it immediately after receiving the wound though. Of course Lee doesn't know any of that.

I need to reiterate that what happens in the comic is very different than in the TV series.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Mu La Flaga

Want to throw in my thoughts on this one.
I've not read the original comic/graphic novel of Watchmen itself.
The movie itself I had seen in cinemas and also the DVD release, I did not get the director's cut.
I agree with alot of what you guys said about the movie, especially in reguards to the ending, replacing the Giant Alien Squid thing with framing Dr Manhattan as the bad guy, especially since he was working on those experimental reactors/generators and thus when things go bad.
It makes sense it looks like his fault.

Also a side note, in this movie, there is a cameo by actor Gary Chalk(the voice actor of Optimus Primal from Beast Wars)
In the war room scene he is one of the generals who I believe speaks up for a brief moment.

So that is all I've got to contribute.