Ep. 066: Zombieland & Game Club Pt 4

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 066: Zombieland & Game Club Pt 4

Chaos Theater Ep. 066 - "Zombieland & Game Club Pt 4"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 100 mins, 33 sec. (1:40:33) 45.88 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:35:00

02. Discussion: "Zombieland"
Runtime: 0:35:32 - 0:57:42

03. Discussion: "Game Club: The Walking Dead Ep 4"
Runtime: 0:58:17 - 1:37:16

04. Outro: ""Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:37:48 - 1:39:30

It's another zombie double feature on Chaos Theater. First, we catch up on what we've been up to. Then, we discuss the zombie comedy movie Zombieland. The zombie theme rolls right into part four of the Game Club with The Walking Dead episode 4, "Around Every Corner." Due to time limitations, there's no Audible recommendation or Mailbag this episode. Next time, we might have an interview, or we might not. But we'll definitely have more of The Walking Dead.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Build That Wall" from Bastion by Ashley Barrett & Darren Korb
"Mother, I'm Here" from Bastion by Darren Korb
"Emotional 02b" from The Walking Dead by Jared Emerson-Johnson

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 066: Zombieland & Game Club Pt 4

Hm, a paragraph of my comments was skipped over. Was it just accidentally overlooked or were there recording problems that resulted in it getting lost?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

Emperor Palpatine you live once again!
More to come in edits to my post later, but for now this is my starting comment.
Chris
Administrator

Destiny_Gundam wrote:Hm, a paragraph of my comments was skipped over. Was it just accidentally overlooked or were there recording problems that resulted in it getting lost?
Haven't listened to the episode, so I don't know.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
phillosmaster

I don't know if Pedro reads the comment, but I was a big Twin Peaks fan back in the day. I watched it all in college. I was too young to watch it when it aired on TV. The DVD release for it was ridiculously late coming (not sure why, but I was watching it in the 2000/2001 timeframe and it still didn't have a release) so I watched it bootlegged off of German tv (english dialogue, German subtitles and commercials). It really made the show seem more bizarre.

I would recommend that if he's still enthusiastic about the show at the end of the first season he should continue on into the second season, but don't finish the second season. Lynch's involvement was greatly reduced in the second season, but he still participates until the major murder case is resolved in the plot. Once that plot line it resolved shut the book on the series. Don't continue. It's still decent up to that point and gives you closure. It's the perfect stopping point. Nothing after that is worth watching. Nothing.

The movie is pretty good and deals again with the Lynch stuff. It takes place before the first episode of the series. I'd recommend it if you are still interested after the murder case is resolved.

Pedro is right about the backwards talking. The actor that played the little man in the red room is known for his backwards talking skills. It's something he does for fun, and he taught the rest of the cast how to do it for their scenes.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.