Game Club: The Walking Dead

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Game Club: The Walking Dead

Surprisingly I had a harder time making certain choices in this add on than I did in the main game.

Vince - Took me awhile to pick between Danny and Justin. They both seemed decent enough despite being criminals, but I picked Justin because Danny was an ass for pulling the chains. Plus, if he really was guilty...

Wyatt - Yeah, Eddie wasn't exactly winning me over. He eventually got sent out after we tied at rock paper scissors 6 times in a row. It's situations like this where it's kinda hard to step into a role because unlike Wyatt I don't know the exact circumstances behind what Eddie did so I didn't know what the proper way to treat him was.

Russel - Poor Doug, still lying on the side of the road... Mama always told me not to get into cars with strange men, but it sure beats walkin'. Nate is kookoo for cocopuffs all right. Obviously I don't condone killing helpless old people.

Bonnie - Lobster hands all the way. I bet you could kill walkers pretty easily with a set of those. I was pretty surprised to find Leland had a wife. If I'd known I wouldn't have been so flirty with him. I was honest about what happened to Dee, because it really was an accident.

Shel - I let the dude go, of course, although that didn't end well. The decision to kill Stephanie or not was another hard one. Becca did have a good point about staying at the diner, but I think it was just a matter of time before Roman fell off that slippery slope. So I bolted while I could. I've already mentioned how I feel about retaining one's humanity. Was nice finding out Vernon got what was coming to him, though.

Epilogue - I was also able to get everyone to come along with Tavia.

Well it's been fun doing this. If the next game you pick is something I have an interest in I'll be sure to participate. If not, I'll definitely be back for season 2.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Gundam420

Oh...dang...My over eagerness got the better of me...My sincerest apologies.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
phillosmaster

Thanks for running the game club guys.

I went right into season two after this and it's really good so far. I'm going to hate that waiting. I'll have to do a replay when you guys host the season 2 game club.

For 400 days the story I thought was most interesting was Shel's. I turned the camper on and rammed the gates at my first opportunity. Yeah Roman has a point, but once a group gets to that point the end is not far behind. Better off taking our chances on the outside. Also it was nice to see how it turned out for the cancer survivors.

For Vince I killed Danny. A thief I can work with in the zombie apoc, but yeah if Danny was really guilty...
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
The Fowl Sorcerous

400 days is the experience of the walking dead games condensed down a nutshell. It throws the player into character-driven dialogue with a lot of implications beyond the context of the particular moment. And then there's an important choice that doesn't seem to matter much on a bigger scale. Without any of the old-school(ish) adventure game puzzles. This game might be a better introduction to the series than the first episode proper.

I enjoyed it and I would like to see more from these characters in season 2. each segment feels too short really comment beyond that.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Xaldron

I've only played 400 Days through once, becasue I'm still rebuilding my "F**k You Kenny" run.
Overall I like the structure of this episode where one can play out-of-order or figure out the chronologic order. For my play through I figure out the chronologic order.

Day 2 Vince's Story: To me this segment felt like "What if Lee was in the car longer?" Prisoners turning on each other was expected but well played. In the end Vince shot Justin because he refused to believe anything he had done was wrong, while Danny admitted what he had done was wrong and seamed to know the situation has changed.

Day 41 Wyatt's Story: Nice banter in between "friends?" in the "Did we just kill a guy" moment. Wyatt stayed in the car, and ran away like the coward he is.

Day 184 Russell's Story: Nice to see Carly again...
Russell had his first drink with Nate, but no real bonding. Nate was just a dick overall and pushed Russell away when he kill the old couple.

Day 220 Bonnie's Story: Bonnie was the weakest of the characters to me. She had this wired attraction to Leland, Dee definitely knew it. This episode was the standard "hide from the killer" segment of any horror movie. Seeing Dee get kill was ...eh... about the only likable person in this episode was Leland and he got the shaft from everyone. His wife stole from another group and died due to it. His ward wants him to herself. As such Bonnie got her way in the end.

Days 236 & 259 Shel's Story: Ok this episode broke me, not like the season but rather laughing. Shel looks almost exactly like one of my friends, as such I had to play her like my friend. My Shel now lover the color pink and very naive.
First off F**K YOU cancer people for stealing Lee's boat, but at lest you admitted you did wrong.
So being my friend, Shel let the thief go.... and bad stuff happened. 23 days latter when Stephanie tried to leave, Roman told Shel to kill her. When Shel took her sister in the RV and booked it.

Day 400: Tavia find the group and tries to convince them to come with her.
Vince and Russell stayed at the camp, while the girls and Wyatt when with Tavia.
Roll credits...

I suspect that Tavia is from Woodbury given the TellTale game takes place in the same universe as the comics. However I haven't read the comics so I don't know if the timing would line up.

Now I just have to wait for the summer sale to get season 2 and finally see how this plays out.
Chris
Administrator

The latest episode of Chaos Theater has recorded, so that officially concludes this incarnation of the Game Club. Thanks to everyone who participated on this.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his