Ep. 059: Dawn of the Dead

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 059: Dawn of the Dead

Chaos Theater Ep. 059 - "Dawn of the Dead"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 106 mins, 57 sec. (1:46:57) 48.96 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:36:59

02. Discussion: "Dawn of the Dead"
Runtime: 0:37:32 - 1:17:29

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:18:00 - 1:45:02

Halloween has arrived, so it's time for a Chaos Theater creature feature. In this episode, we discuss George Romero's classic 1978 zombie movie Dawn of the Dead, along with Zack Snyder's 2004 remake. We then wrap up with Audible recommendations and your questions from the Mailbag. Next time, we're going DC again to discuss the DC Universe Animated Original Movies.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"The Dead Also Starve" from Organ Trail: Director's Cut by Ben Crossbones
"Hunger Pains" from Organ Trail: Director's Cut by Ben Crossbones

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Dayman

Re: Ep. 059: Dawn of the Dead

Great episode as always. Chris, I don't know if you know much about how many fan edits/restorations there are of the original trilogy but there's a great one called the Despecialized Edition that's about as close as you're gonna get to having the original versions of those movies. Yeah you have to torrent it which is something I normally don't do but even the guy who created it said you should really only download it if you already own the movies which I do so hope that helps.
Chris
Administrator

I am familiar with multiple fan edits, but I've never actually downloaded/watched any. That these things even need to exist in the first place is a pretty sad reflection on George Lucas and his insistence on revisionist history.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
phillosmaster

In regards to Chris' comments on Agents Of Shield I agree that people need to calm down. I think it would have been fun if this were more of a Marvel easter egg show, but they said pretty early on that it was never their intention to do that.

With that said I'm still watching the show, but it's still not really grabbing me. I think it's the shows focus on the Skye character that is my problem. She is cute, but not that interesting. Hopefully after episode 5's story they will start concentrating on one of the other characters (or take Skye in a new direction).

Right now it reminds me of Angel season 4. The potential for greatness is there. you can feel it, but the execution is lacking. I wonder if that's not a coincidence considering Joss was busy doing Firefly during that season of Angel and he's busy doing the Marvel movies during this season of Agents Of Shield.

I'm not gonna quit on Agents Of Shield, but I right now I'm watching it in the background while I do other things.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
phillosmaster

Just watched episode 6 and it was really good. Also Skye might be going in a better direction. Things are looking up :)
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.