Ep. 048: Logan's Run/Children of Men & David Kaye

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 048: Logan's Run/Children of Men & David Kaye

Chaos Theater Ep. 048 - "Logan's Run/Children of Men & David Kaye"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 205 mins, 14 sec. (3:25:14) 93.95 MB

Special Guest Host(s): Dale Rausch (opening and first segment), Dollow Rlance (David Kaye interview)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:20:54

02. Discussion: "Logan's Run/Children of Men"
Runtime: 0:21:27 - 1:06:09

03. Discussion: "David Kaye"
Runtime: 1:06:42 - 2:11:19

04. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 2:12:07 - 3:20:39

If you didn't get enough from the last super long episode, here's another one! First up, we catch up on what we've been up to, followed by a discussion of Logan's Run and Children of Men with MAHQ co-founder Dale Rausch. We're then joined by Dollow Rlance for an interview with voice actor David Kaye, known for roles in Beast Wars, Gundam Wing and Ratchet and Clank. We then round out the episode with Audible picks and your questions from the Mailbag. Next time, we're off to Hyrule to discuss The Legend of Zelda.

Episode-related Links:
David Kaye's Twitter
Website

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Quite Operational" from Quite Operational by Monomer
"Night Drive" from Quite Operational by Monomer
"On the Brink" from Quite Operational by Monomer

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
The Fowl Sorcerous

Re: Ep. 048: Logan's Run/Children of Men & David Kaye

In defense of The Island, it owes most of its plot toParts: the Clonus Horror. and that's really the only nice thing I have to say about that.

Logan's Run is an old favourite of mine, just the right amount of attractive ladies, thoughtful scifi and pure cheese to make it worth rewatching a few times.

I haen't seen Children of Men, yet. it's been in my netflix instant queue for months. this chat may have pushed it up the priority list.
[[lorem ipsum]]
jcncasval76

For the suggestion of playing Wilson Fisk (Kingpin), if it's not Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, I think his buddy from WWE who is even bigger than The Rock - "Big Show" Paul Wight, would be perfect for that roll.
Please don't make me quoting certain wrestlers' catchphrases (What?!) or you don't want to find out how nasty it gets (What?!). Tell me you didn't just say that (What?!)
Destiny_Gundam

In regards to the Skrull, I'm pretty sure I heard they were tied to the Fantastic Four rights, which is why they used the Chitauri instead of the Skrull in The Avengers.

As for Nathan Fillion as Ant Man, that idea is certainly out there.

My Golgo vs Bond question was just in the general sense.

I don't want to be Stillman from MGS2, but before the truth about him came to light I thought he was a cool guy. Even after the truth came out I thought he was an interesting character.

Funny you mention Napoleon Dynamite, as I was often compared to Kip appearence wise in high school. I'd also be mockingly refered to as Spider-man which is why I'm not so hot on sharing a name with Parker.

So once we find all the Pedobears we should have a pedobear special episode where we talk about our favourite pedobear approved shows/characters!
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
NastyNate

I randomly listened to this episode seeing the interview. I think this interview should have been done on gundamn but I just like neo and soulbro. It was good though. The first topic was surprisingly good. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dale needs to be a co host of the show. I have never seen either of those shows so it was interesting hearing about those.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Dollow

NastyNate wrote:I randomly listened to this episode seeing the interview. I think this interview should have been done on gundamn but I just like neo and soulbro. It was good though. The first topic was surprisingly good. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Dale needs to be a co host of the show. I have never seen either of those shows so it was interesting hearing about those.
I hear you Nate, I made the call to put this here, please understand that we had reasons for this being on CTCast, as we could not get the timing to work on Gundamn, when we do these interviews we have to think about how things work at any given time. Thanks.
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Mu La Flaga

So Children of Men and Logan's Run I have not watched, so I can't comment on those.
The interview with David Kaye was great and informative, lot of interesting questions about his various roles over the years.
As for my mailbag entry, I did suggest as another villain and I think he could work would be Kang, but the scale of doing his army and time travel might be a bit extreme.
Ultron is one could be done, and I do understand what Chris means about doing him.
Alternatively though bringing Ultron in means you can set up for Vision to become part of things.

For casting as an alternative I've heard Dwayne Johnson is being considered for Luke Cage, even though I think Terry Crewes is far better choice overall.

Michael Jai White is one I had in mind for a little while, since I know he loves to be rather physical in his roles.
He also has the look I think T'Challa would have, of a rather lean, well built and trained fighter.

I like both your ideas for Ant-Man for Henry Pym, although I think I like the idea of Aaron Eckhart portraying him more.

DareDevil I do agree also, good idea.

Kingpin I have one person in mind even though he was in those F4 movies and the Shield, so 2 points to use him.
Michael Chiklis as the Kingpin, picture that, I think he would be great.