Ep. 038: Prince of Persia

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 038: Prince of Persia

Chaos Theater Ep. 038 - "Prince of Persia"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 126 mins, 18 sec. (2:06:18) 57.82 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:09:31

02. Discussion: "Prince of Persia"
Runtime: 0:09:57 - 1:07:13

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:07:42 - 2:03:30

It's time to perform parkour and mess with time as we discuss the Prince of Persia. Before that, we catch up on what we've been doing, followed by an in depth discussion of the long running franchise. We don't cover everything, as our main focus is on The Sands of Time trilogy, the 2008 reboot and the side game The Forgotten Sands. We round out our discussion by covering Disney's live action adaptation. The Mailbag is back, along with more Audible recommendations. Next time, we're swinging around with everyone's favorite wall crawler again as we discuss the Ultimate Spider-Man comic series.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"The Prison" from Prince of Persia by Stuart Chatwood
"Time Only Knows" from Prince of Persia by Stuart Chatwood

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Destiny_Gundam

Re: Ep. 038: Prince of Persia

Do people tend to zone out during Prince of Darkness or something? Pretty much all of the stuff covered by the game is covered in the move itself. Sabu's make over is the only thing that wasn't mentioned. I thought he was a new character.

Can't say I share Pedro's enthusiasm for the girls Mashima introduces :lol: More girls like Wendy and Shelia, please.

Heh, I didn't mean to turn it into the Dr Drew Show :lol: When I was a teenager I did act like it was the end of the world because I couldn't get a girlfriend and such. Now that I'm older, I still haven't had a girlfriend, but I don't let it bother me as much (most of the time). I figure it'll happen when it happens and I do want to make sure it's with some one special.

The pagent show you're talking about is Toddlers and Tiaras. And yes, that show is disgusting and it is child abuse.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
yazi88

Pity my mailbag question along some others were skipped over but I guess it was kind of stupid. Oh well, no biggie. I've never played the Prince of Persia games but my brother is quite a fan of them. I might pick up the HD trilogy for the PS3 sometime later on.

Looking forward to the Ultimate Spider-man comic segment next episode.
RodBrown

I have fun while playing Prince of Persia because for me it is challenging.
"With my brass knuckle I feel like I am just wearing rings on my fingers."
hotlimit

Prince of Persia was my first game ever. I had the full color Mac version, which to this day looks better than every other version I've ever seen. The only other title in the series I've played is Sands of Time, which I ate up in a few days during Christmas break. It was really fun the first time through, but I never felt like going back to it.

Speaking of the ultimate question (PS3/360/Wii), I finally broke down and got the PS3 black friday bundle (with Uncharted 1 + 2 and Infamous 1 + 2). For me the Wii wins in exclusives by far, but the PS3 wins overall because only a handful of the games are region locked (none of which are unavailable in the NA region).
Mu La Flaga

Hm, let's see.
Prince of Persia, I haven't played much of their games, I do remember playing the original 1-2 times.
Can see how the movement idea was rather big for back then.
I'ld always heard about Sands of Time as a damn good entry.

As for mailbag well I gussed right, but I wanted to ask in case it hadn't been asked(but it was though)