Ep. 036: Fables

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 036: Fables

Chaos Theater Ep. 036 - "Fables"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 148 mins, 31 sec. (2:28:31) 67.99 MB

Special Guest Host: Cristian Alvernaz (opening and Fables)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:29:18

02. Discussion: "Fables"
Runtime: 0:29:48 - 1:35:07

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:35:38 - 2:26:04

Following the hater special, we return to a regular episode style. Cristian "tastes like beer" Alvernaz rejoins us for an in depth discussion of Bill Willingham's long running comic book series Fables. Be warned - extensive spoilers are discussed all the way up to issue 121. Afterward, we give our Audible recommendations and answer your questions from the Mailbag. Next time, we're sitting down to discuss the films of Hayao Miyazaki.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Madness" from The Second Law by Muse
"Follow Me" from The Second Law by Muse

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: Ep. 036: Fables

Ohh, Miyazaki movies next time? That does include the Lupin the 3rd movie Castle of Cagilistro, right?
Chris
Administrator

Yes it does.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

Nice little episode, but I think got confused with how I worded it.
I meant on opinion on the Avengers as a movie on a whole, not how Hulk is portrayed is in the Avengers but I do agree with what you both said.
But that Incredible Hulk Reboot put Ang Lee's Hulk movie to shame and made me somewhat interested in a Hulk movie and all that.

As for Wayforward I see them potentially getting better and better, I see them as a really up and coming developer who are making themselves known.

I can't comment on Fables however it somewhat has my interest after this episode to say that much at least.
mobiusdiablo

Great ep guys.

And a suggestion to substitute for the not-Anime Toilet segment - all the movies that were discussed duing ye olde Hater's Panel back with Austin in Yasumicon
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
bertman4

Booze check. Sam Adams Octoberfest is delicious. I recently picked up a Blue Moon fall seasonal collection, which includes the Harvest Pumpkin Ale and Caramel Apple Spiced Ale. Give them a try.
mobiusdiablo

Oh, update for Pedro since I was watching Shin Sekai Yori as well - the hook's at episode 4
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
kayone73

Just listened to the podcast today, I knew nothing about the Fables comic series, but now I want to check it out, it sounds awesome. I love postmodernist takes on classic stories in the vein of Wicked.