Sp. 003: Hatercast

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Sp. 003: Hatercast

Chaos Theater Sp. 003 - "Hatercast"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 103 mins, 46 sec. (1:43:46) 47.51 MB

Special Guest Host(s): Austin Blake, Neo Lorrnoke

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:05:59

02. Discussion: "Hate Part 1"
Runtime: 0:06:20 - 0:38:48

03. Discussion: "Hate Part 2"
Runtime: 0:39:10 - 1:33:17

04. Outro: "Audible recommendations" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:33:37 - 1:40:52

The time has come to unleash some big levels of hatred upon the podcast world. In this episode, we're joined by resident hater Austin Blake, along with Gundamn's own Neo Lorrnoke. As this is a special episode, we don't discuss what we've been doing or answer Mailbag questions. For the first part, we unload some hate on Star Trek: Voyager and shows that would've been better on HBO. We then go into a hate lightning round and wrap up with Audible recommendations. Be warned that this is our most NSFW episode ever, and it's offensive, messy and at times rambling. You don't want any prying ears overhearing you listening to this episode. Next time, we go back to a regularly scheduled topic.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Roots" from Roots by Danimal Cannon
"The Big Crunch" from Roots by Danimal Cannon
"Spacewalk" from Roots by Danimal Cannon

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
yazi88

Re: Sp. 003: Hatercast

Yes! Both Austin AND Neo? That's double the fun! Let the hate BEGIN!!
mobiusdiablo

Awwww yes, I relish in the hate! And I actually caught what you said when the others were on the Shat, Chris. And there always will be FOUR LIGHTS!
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
Varnis

Soooooooo much hate....I love it >:D keep that hate train rolling gentlemen
What more can i say? That's the way things are!
Arbiter GUNDAM

Nice that Neo is finally on Chaos Theater. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kei Katsuragi

I thought this would have been a perfectly civil conversation between four nice gentlemen. I nearly spit out my tea when I first heard the use of vulgarity, and the utter repugnant diatribe that was spouted. I lamented as I removed my monocle and uttered "What dire times do we live in?"

In all seriousness, I relished in the hate, but you guys... Ahem, "blew your load" so to speak, by tackling Voyager right away.
yazi88

Wow, the Anti-Hulk comment is one of the most dumbest things I've ever heard about comics in general. I mean sure I haven't been a avid comic book follower but I've read a few comics here and there back in the 90s and those were just Spider-man and a few Iron Man comics and have been reading and keeping up with Marvel since Avengers Disassembled although I haven't really read anything since the kind of annoying crossover of Avengers vs X-men.

But I'll never say talk out of my ass after reading a few wikipedia articles.
angelwingzero

I love how things went straight to hell once someone mentioned Shatner. Shit just went down. Can't wait until the next Hatercast.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
JHuddle

first of all who is actually on tv regularly ? oh wait patrick stewert, what now
kayone73

That was some sweet delicious hate, especially the merciless rant on Voyager. I've only watched parts of the series, now I want to finish it just to share in the hate more completely.
The Fowl Sorcerous

hey neo, one Franco-Canadian to another; you pronounce neither the 'e' nor the 's' in 'pistoles' [/mu-style nitpick]. Unibroue is freaking awesome.

Every now and again I try to put together my criticisms of voyager in a nice coherent essay. It always devolves into incoherent rambling and cursing the fates of Berman and Braga.

But yeah whoever said it before was right: the voyager segment was hit the high point early.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Mu La Flaga

This was a pretty fun and hated filled episode.
I figured Voyager would be on the list considering the fact Austin has been torturing himself dragging through it to finish it then hate on it :P

Also obviously William Shattner vs Patrick Stewart.
I side with Chris and Pedro also for a simple reason, he was also Charles Xavier in the X-Men movies.
And I like him more, nothing against Shattner, but just got to put it out there.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Mu La Flaga wrote:This was a pretty fun and hated filled episode.

Also obviously William Shattner vs Patrick Stewart.
I side with Chris and Pedro also for a simple reason, he was also Charles Xavier in the X-Men movies.
And I like him more, nothing against Shattner, but just got to put it out there.
I agree with you that William Shattner is no Patrick Stewart, but Patrick Stewart is no Emmy-Awarding William Shatner.

Get your facts right, felon!
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Mu La Flaga

Chris would say the same thing to me once upon a time when refering to a series or movie that awards don't always matter.
And an OBE, that includes all the Commonwealth Countries, so that empire still exsists if you ask her majesty :P
My facts are correct, you didn't even know what an OBE is!

Your not the only one who can bring the hate.
MechLife

Mu La Flaga wrote:Also obviously William Shattner vs Patrick Stewart.
^ Accurate. Stewart is simply a more likable character than Shattner! He's more modest and stuff.

Anyway, great episode! Hate to love the hate