Ep. 027: The Films of Pixar

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Re: Ep. 027: The Films of Pixar

Mu La Flaga wrote:Which seems a darn shame your giving Dark Knight Rise a spot with the other Nolan Batman movies. Considering your a big fan of Marvel's cinematic universe I was assuming going to review it or talk about it somewhere, somehow Chris.
Well, we just don't have the time to talk about everything. And given the limits of our schedule, we'd prefer to spend some time talking about lesser known things, given that we're devoting some time already to big summer movies like Dark Knight Rises and Spider-Man.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mu La Flaga

I have my reservations on the Spidey reboot.
To me Avengers was one of the top anticipated movie entries for this year.
I mean Dark Knight Rise is the other one for DC.

So I'm just saying it again what I and some small handful of others think :P
(as evidenced in topic submission thread)
kayone73

Mu La Flaga wrote:I have my reservations on the Spidey reboot.
To me Avengers was one of the top anticipated movie entries for this year.
I mean Dark Knight Rise is the other one for DC.

So I'm just saying it again what I and some small handful of others think :P
(as evidenced in topic submission thread)
The annoying thing about the Spidey reboot is that Sony was in a rush to push it out so soon after the Sam Raimi movies were released, because per their liscense contract with Marvel, if they sat on the property unused for too long a period of time (probably specified in said control) that use of Spiderman in film would revert back to Marvel. And you know with Marvel/Disney's in house studio successes, they really want their flagship character back in a bad way.

Now thanks to Sony the movie going audiences will probably have Spidey-fatigue and when eventually Marvel does regain rights to use Spiderman themselves, movie audiences will probably be burnt out on the comic book film craze and Spiderman as well.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I just re-watched Toy Story 2 and I don't remember SNES having PS3/X360 levels of graphics. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Arbiter GUNDAM

Just re-listening to the episode and funnily enough, my family's first DVD upgrade was the old candy shell iMacs with a copy of Bug's Life. Funny how that works, ain't it?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Kristina Pino

New info on The Good Dinosaur for those interested: http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/06/03/pix ... -director/
Last edited by Kristina Pino on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristina Travels, Tweets, Writes About Toys, Reads, Reviews Anime; just generally blogs way too much.

Last game played: Trine. Last book read: The Whip. Last gunpla built: SD Stargazer Gundam.
Reading: Peter Pan.
Watching: Fairy Tail, Gundam00.

"You ought to keep one foot out of your mouth. You may need it to run." (Chiana, Farscape)
Kristina Pino

Some more on Brave courtesy its producer Katherine Sarafian: http://thedisneyblog.com/2012/06/04/bra ... -sarafian/
Kristina Travels, Tweets, Writes About Toys, Reads, Reviews Anime; just generally blogs way too much.

Last game played: Trine. Last book read: The Whip. Last gunpla built: SD Stargazer Gundam.
Reading: Peter Pan.
Watching: Fairy Tail, Gundam00.

"You ought to keep one foot out of your mouth. You may need it to run." (Chiana, Farscape)
animalia

On the subject of Up, i felt there was a them that while it is ok to live your dreams, do you want obsess over them to the point where where you lose perspective, like Muntz/Charles Lindbergh did, and how Carl was in danger of doing the same thing.