Ep. 026: Tiger & Bunny

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 026: Tiger & Bunny

Chaos Theater Ep. 026 - "Tiger & Bunny"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 104 mins, 41 sec. (1:44:41) 48.0 MB

Special Guest Host: Yami Casas (opening and Tiger & Bunny)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To" and "Slaying the Sacred Cow"
Runtime: 0:00:31 - 0:26:26

02. Discussion: "Tiger & Bunny"
Runtime: 0:27:00 - 1:05:55

03. Outro: "Audible recommendations", "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:06:28 - 1:40:22

We're back with your regularly scheduled episode. This time, we're joined by Yami Casas, who was recently featured on our sister show Laplace's Box. After catching up on what we've been doing, the sacred cow makes a brief return to discuss two related topics: h8 out of 10 and review bribery. We then get into high-flying heroics to discuss the hit superhero anime series Tiger & Bunny. After that, we discuss our Audible recommendations and answer your voicemails and Mailbag questions. Next time, we're talking toys, monsters and clown fish as we delve into the world of Pixar films.

Music Featured in this Episode:
"Boing Zoom DAKOTA!" from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
"Thanks, and Thanks Again" from Tiger & Bunny Character Song Album - BEST OF HERO by Gou Inoue
"ICE DOLL" from Tiger & Bunny Character Song Album - BEST OF HERO by Minako Kotobuki

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Google Voice: 305-792-8324
Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Laplace's Box -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - Laplace's Box @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Laplace's Box @Twitter - Main RSS Feed - iTunes
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
gundamtype0

Re: Ep. 026: Tiger & Bunny

Great episode guys. Keep up the good work.

I was at that May'n/Nakajima concert in Anime Expo where Yoko Kano made an appearance. I lost it when she started playing "Voices" in the piano.

There's a nerd warehouse here in Los Angeles called Frank and Son's that stock a lot of the Tiger and Bunny merchandise. Those figuarts are pretty rare so I'm amazed on how many they stock. When amiami's out of stock, I check that place out about a week after the release date.
hotlimit

Arghhh, so good! I've been trying to reason with people about how stupid h8 out of 10 is ever since Chris mentioed his h8 for metacritic, but you know, stupid people will be stupid. I was actually excited to get home from work and start up Tiger and Bunny on Hulu (I had no idea you could watch it streaming anywhere). I was dying when I saw the girl with the Pepsi logo! I was unable to spot scarf-tan though :\

It was also good to have Yami as a guest host on Chaos Theater, moe ojii WTF?!
Mu La Flaga

Finished listening to the episode.
H8 out of 10, I understand how some people think a certain number or below means it isn't worth your time to check out.

Kind of silly.

As for Tiger and Bunny it's one of those series I've heard about and had interest in me, but not sure if there is a streaming option to watch it over here.
It seems like kind of show would enjoy.
Destiny_Gundam

I remember the days when you only needed 5/10 to pass.

Tiger and Bunny was definitely a great show. The standout for me was Lunatic. At first he seemed like just your standard 90s anti-hero but learning his backstory made all the difference. I started looking forward to whenever he showed up and when Kotetsu went on the run I couldn't wait to see how Yuri was going to help him out.

Kannazuki no Miko is a bad show that made me start disliking yuri and reincarnation romances. It was all sorts of corny fun, though,
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
yazi88

For some reason this episode doesn't show up on the Chaos Theater Blog site. Also the Save or Troll is dated from May 1st even though it came out in Mid-Late April.
Chris
Administrator

yazi88 wrote:For some reason this episode doesn't show up on the Chaos Theater Blog site. Also the Save or Troll is dated from May 1st even though it came out in Mid-Late April.
That's because I forgot to post it, and I couldn't post Save or Troll on time because I was in Ireland.
YokozunaBulldozer

Kieth Goodman = Tom Cruise was the best laugh I had in a while :lol:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
animalia

#1: How about calling it a T-bone steak instead of a slider?

#2: About "paid" now being spell "payed", I am not that upset because language evolves over time. After all you don't see people talking like Shakespeare nowadays. Think of it like how in Great Britain, this show would be spelled Chaos THEATRE because in the UK that is the correct spelling of the word whereas, here the correct spelling is THEATEAR.
Chris
Administrator

animalia wrote:About "paid" now being spell "payed", I am not that upset because language evolves over time. After all you don't see people talking like Shakespeare nowadays. Think of it like how in Great Britain, this show would be spelled Chaos THEATRE because in the UK that is the correct spelling of the word whereas, here the correct spelling is THEATEAR.
Sorry, but no. You're talking about the evolution of language over centuries. I'm talking about people misspelling words out of ignorance. "Paid" has not evolved into "payed." It's wrong no matter how many people stupidly misspell it and always will be.
animalia

Chris wrote:
animalia wrote:About "paid" now being spell "payed", I am not that upset because language evolves over time. After all you don't see people talking like Shakespeare nowadays. Think of it like how in Great Britain, this show would be spelled Chaos THEATRE because in the UK that is the correct spelling of the word whereas, here the correct spelling is THEATEAR.
Sorry, but no. You're talking about the evolution of language over centuries. I'm talking about people misspelling words out of ignorance. "Paid" has not evolved into "payed." It's wrong no matter how many people stupidly misspell it and always will be.

I meant it MAY evolve, "paid" may be the correct way to spell it now, but would it really be a bad thing if that changed. Don't get me wrong I don't support it I just don't see what the big deal is..
Chris
Administrator

animalia wrote:I meant it MAY evolve, "paid" may be the correct way to spell it now, but would it really be a bad thing if that changed. Don't get me wrong I don't support it I just don't see what the big deal is..
The "big deal" is that our language shouldn't evolve due to people's ignorance of how to spell things properly.
animalia

To each their own i guess.