Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL
1. Which Barbarian-type hero is the best?
Conan the Barbarian, He-man, Beastmaster, Ka-Zar, etc.

2. If you guys could go back in time and relive first day of school(be it high school, middle school, etc.) which one of these modes of transportation would you have picked?
A. Laser raptors
B. Magic Carpet
C. overgrown animal of any kind
D. robot bird
E. that car with Guitar Guy in Mad Max Fury Road
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Naz

I finished listening to Ernest Cline's Armada audio book. It was awesome by the way. But after listening through the part where the main hero mentioned about having his computer's voice imitating someone, it got me thinking....

1 Whose voice would you like your computer to imitate when you are on a fighter jet fighting an interstellar war against an alien invasion? Given the computer voice can be any actor, actress, or voice actor for that matter.

For my pick, I'd go for renegade N7 officer Jennifer Hale, coz hell yeah!

2 Do you listen to your favorite tunes when you play VDO games?

I used to listening to music, but nowadays I just turn on news channel for background noise instead.

Thanks, guys!
fearjunkee

What's the creepiest video you've ever seen online? For me, it's a series of YouTube videos posted by a user called 'meatsleep', which can only be videos for an ARG, or it's footage from an actual serial killer. I've had nightmares ever since I saw the videos.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

1) I remembered something about prequels. I find the Godfather Part II to be a good prequel. It juxtaposes Don Corleone's rise with Michael Corleone's fall, making everything seem even more tragic as we feel that everything Don Corleone did and went through was for nothing. Would you agree?

2) Would you be interested in an edit of the OT and PT similar to Godfather Part II? With Anakin's fall being juxtaposed with Luke's rise? I know I would.

3) What do you think of Retcons? Should continuity be absolute, or is it okay to change a few things every now and then for the sake of the story?

4) What are your three most hated retcons? What three retcons do you like or at least tolerate?

Take care!
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
zero_the_masked_knight

Hi, Guys!

Lightning round - game edition Mark 2!

1) White Bread or Whole wheat bread?
2) Resident Evil Herb, or Metal Gear Ration?
3) EA or Ubisoft?
4) Capcom or Konami?
5) Tetsuya Nomura, or Hideo Kojima?
6) Yoshitaka Amano, or Yoji Shinkawa?
7) Button mashing, or menu?
8) In engine cutscene, or prerendered cutscene?
9) Metal Gear Solid 1-4 Ocelot, or Albert Wesker?
10) Checkpoint, fixed save point, or save anytime you want?
11) Quiet or Sinon?
12) Isaac Clarke or Samus Aran?
13) Save system or Password system?
14) Telepathy or Telekinesis?
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
YokozunaBulldozer

SAVE THE CLOCK TOWER
1. Which memorabilia would you have taken from that store in BTTF2: Biff's Counterattack?

2. What changes do you guys like so far in the all-new all-different Marvel as well as post-convergence DC if there are any?

3. You two are stranded on an alternate timeline together while recording Chaos Theater.
Which one of the three timelines do you end up and how do you cope with it?
- Alternate 1990s where extra belts and pouches are fashionable and not having a certain quantity is considered public indecency resulting in getting hit with said belts and pouches
- Alternate 2010s where someone goes bonkers and becomes a real life Cobra Commander
- Alternate 2000s where the world is Demolition Man future + Desert Bluffs
Mu La Flaga

Heya CT casters.
It's been a while since I submitted a question or 2 but I got some stuff for you.

1.If you were a Pokemon Trainer in the Pokemon universe, what type of Pokemon would you like?
Or would you rather simply aim to build a specific team with certain types of Pokemon?, name some Pokemon you would like for a team.

I mean think about it, Pedro or Chris whom is the true Fire Trainer?

2.So lately, due to the fact having a Wii U comes in handy when you have Wii compability.
I've been acquring some interesting little games so here is a quick list of stuff I have acquired.

Wario Land the Shake Dimension, NIGHTS Journey of Dreams, Disaster Day of Crisis (only released in PAL region and Japan), Spyborgs, The Skycrawlers: Innocent Aces.

So got anything interesting your hoping to find? (also if you have any thoughts on my titles that I acquired feel free to say so)

Until next time from Mu.
yazi88

I have a question for the duo Pyro Otakus...

1. Which Marine Admiral/Vice Admiral from One Piece would you guys like be a crew under? I would either choose NEW Sengoku, Garp, or Smoker cause those guys are pretty cool, atleast half of the other commanders of the Marines seem like scumbags or follow the same motto as Akainu...

2. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but do you guys think that IRON FIST is still going to happen as a Netflix series to lead up to the Defenders crossover with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage? Cause from what I've been hearing and reading, Iron Fist might not happen... which is a pity cause he is Luke Cage's right hand man and the fight scenes/stunt work would be amazing to see as a show...
YokozunaBulldozer

HAPPY BELATED NEW YEARS TIS THE YEAR OF THE SAIYANS.... ERM, MONKEYS

1. At which concert or event would you like to go great ape complete with full moon just for the giggles?

2. Horribly-drawn scenes in anime has been around for some time now.
What is the best of the worst scene ever that is grafted to your skull or retina in your anime viewing history?
It has to be so bad that you want to take a shower while crying like Ace Ventura after seeing it.

3. YE OLDE LIGHTNING ROUND 2016
a. Jibanyan - Pikachu - Agumon
b. Brandon Routh as Atom - Brandon Routh as Superman - Brandon Routh as Todd the Vegan
c. Joker as a roommate - Purple Man as a counselor - Newman as your nosey butler
d. 1971 Clint Eastwood Wolverine - 1966 Burt Ward Nightwing - 1969 Kurt Russell Spider-Man
e. Sin City Josh Brolin - Goonies Josh Brolin - Anti-Hulk Josh Brolin
f. Doctor's sonic screwdriver - lightsaber - MacGyver's paper clip
zero_the_masked_knight

Happy 2016, and happy 100 episodes!

1) What movies other than Civil War and Rogue One are you looking forward to this 2016?

2) What video games are you looking forward to this 2016?

Take care!
Mu La Flaga

Hey guys.
So looking forward to the shoot em ups spotlight you guys will do(or have done?)
As a noted you did it.........

I got a visistor, not the Otter of Offerings, but I got a knock on the door from the Playtypus of Podcasting, telling me to buy shit from Audible.com

So after that kind visit I then went and got some Star Wars audio books.
In fact Pedro I believe you had mentioned one of the Thrawn Trilogy books before.
May I ask you good sir which version did you get?

I got Heir to the Empire narrated by Dennis Lawson and Dark Force Rising&The Last Command narrated wondefully by Anthony Daniels himself.
(the US narrated one was just SO lackluster and boring)
Heck Anthony Daniels came up with a very distinct "Grand Admiral Thrawn" voice.
And other characters too, like Jorus C'Boath

That's all I got guys.
Until next time from MuLaFlaga.
Last edited by Mu La Flaga on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

SNIKT SNIKT You feeling lucky bub?
1. In episode 101 I brought up the idea of Clint Eastwood during 1971 as Wolverine.
So, with this in mind what would a late 1970s X-men movie cast be like with Clint Eastwood as Wolverine(I just realized that Wolverine did not join the X-men until 1975 so my apologies for that)?

2. Which Marvel property should Clint Eastwood direct?

3. Which film/comic/animation/game person or company should have a biopic?
Examples:

- Toei's tokusatsu department(Tsubaraya had a tv special in Japan a long time ago about their humble beginnings so I think it is time Toei deserves one)
- The founders of Image comics
- Pixar
- Kojima
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cultclassic

I've been wanting to do this question for weeks now and with the most recent episode of the show "Shmups" I figured I would post this.

NIGHTVALE Lightning Round
would you rather:
be a Red Shirt or a Radio Intern?
live in Silent Hill or Night Vale
work for Omni Consumer Products or Strexcorp
have as mayor Faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home vs Hiram McDaniels vs Marcus Vanston
have all radio announcers sound like Cecil or Old Timey Radio Guy
have as a brother-in-law a Soul Bro's Man or Steve Carlsberg
fear the Glow Cloud or hail the Hypnotoad

Thanks for the show guys
MCTDread

Which games, books, comics, movies, etc in long running franchises would you say is criminally unappreciated and overlooked?
animalia

Sorry for posting this so long after you answered my question, but I stopped listening to the podcast for a while and only recently got to the episode where you answer my Star Wars question. Anyways I realize I wasn't really clear n what I meant know so If you are OK with it please allow me to elaborate. First off I never expected Disney to adapt an EU novel, what I was afraid of was that they would render the previous EU canon COMPLETELY void. Something which DID happen, all that continuity gone. Finally my "keep an open mind" statement was very badly phrased on my part. What I actually meant was keep to hope that maybe they would do what Star Trek did and split the universe's timeline in two rendering BOTH Timelines equally valid, but I did not hold out hope for that happening. Again it didn't.

Still I think I could live with all of this so long as they continued the old EU under the legends banner. While so far they do not seem to show much in the way of signs of being willing to do this, I hopeful that the sales of the new EU are poor compared to the previous sales of legends material (the old EU made up a third of Star Wars profits) they might eventually change their mind. Would you guys look forward to that, or do you feel they should stick to having only one EU?
YokozunaBulldozer

GLOOOOOWWWWWW CLOOOOUUUUUUUDDDDDDDD......

1. Just listened to episode 103, good stuff.
Have you guys also checked out other podcasts that are like Night Vale?
"That are like" meaning other podcasts that have aspects of Night Vale embedded in them.
I noticed a number of shows appear recently here and there and was curious if you folks noticed these as well.

2. What is one manga or anime-to-live-action film adaptation that you guys find to be done well?
Personally I think it is either the three Rurouni Kenshin films, Cromartie High, or Detroit Metal City if I was to choose only one.

3. Why-the-heck-not-Let's Determine The Best Lightning Round
a. Grass - Fire - Water
b. Battletoads - Biker Mice From Mars - Street Sharks
c. Bardock - Ging Freecss - Monkey D. Dragon
d. T-800 - Cable - Trunks
e. Captain EO - Captain Planet - Cap'n Crunch
f. Road Runner - Junior Healy from the Problem Child movies - Trevor Philips
g. Detroit Metal City - Dethklok - Spinal Tap
Naz

Hi

1. If you were to choose Brandon Sanderson's works to be adapted into a short (or long) series, what would they be? Since I just finished the Rithmatist, I would pick that.

2. Are you guys planning to review Sanderson's minor works such Elantris and the Mistborn series?

Thank you, by the way, your wonderful podcast introduced me to Sanderson's incredible (audio) books. Keep up the good work, gentlemen.
yazi88

1. Chris and possibly Pedro, are you guys watching CW's Legends of Tomorrow? If so, what are your thoughts about Captain Cold and Heatwave or as I would like to call them, Team ICYHOT. I find them quite funny with their puns and hamming out.

2. If you guys are caught up or close to being caught up with the One Piece anime, what are your thoughts of Toru Furuya doing the voice for Sabo? I personally thought it was a great choice.

3. What are your guys thoughts on the recently released Disney movie ZOOTOPIA? If you are planning on doing a segment on it in the future, feel free to ignore this question.

4. In the force awakens, did Han Solo do the ADAMA MANEUVER with the Millennium Falcon when warping on that planet for the rescue mission?
thehod

Buenos dias?

Spoilers question. Lately there have been plenty of movies and tv shows that make discussion of social media or in casual conversation treacherous. What is in your opinion the statute of limitations when it comes to talking about a tv show or movie after a premier. Example would be how people talk about the force awakens casually now vs the premier date.

Finally, how the hell does Dr Willy keep getting out of jail after each megaman game? Does he have future Jhonny Cochran as his lawyer? At some point I figure megaman would merc the guy just to save future govt court fees.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO
1. If Tony Stark gave you a suit of armor tailor-made for you in the vein of War Machine and Rescue what would your alias be? However your support AI is a new AI that belittles you when you make mistakes and randomly plays music of its own preference. And thinks it is Leo from the Lethal Weapon movies.

2. What are your thoughts on Japan's approach on Western superheroes such as Tiger And Bunny, ONE-PUNCH MAN, etc.