Ep. 125B: Smiles and Tears (series finale)

MAHQ's general podcast for nerdy things, which ran from 2011-2017.
Chris
Administrator

Ep. 125B: Smiles and Tears (series finale)

Chaos Theater Ep. 125B - "Smiles and Tears"
- Download Now: 64 kbps - 172 mins, 52 sec. (2:52:52) 79.14 MB

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "What We've Been Up To"
Runtime: 0:00:01 - 0:35:04

02. Discussion: "Mother trilogy"
Runtime: 0:35:46 - 1:49:54

03. Outro: "Chaos Theater Mailbag" and "Internet whoring"
Runtime: 1:50:37 - 2:51:55

The final episode of Chaos Theater is finally here with 125B. We discuss what we've been up to in the last installment of that segment, followed by our main topic, the Mother games by Nintendo. We talk about the original game, then circle back to Mother 2/EarthBound from our first episode, and finish up with Mother 3. We then close out with the final Mailbag and our farewell thoughts. Thank you to all our listeners who have supported us for seven years, whether you've been on board since the beginning or hopped on later. You truly made this a worthwhile endeavor.

Music Featured in this Episode:
“Boing Zoom DAKOTA!” from Rock Candy 1 by Shadow
“Sunflower and Illusions” from Mother 3 by Shogo Sakai
“Smiles and Tears” from Mother 2/EarthBound by Keiichi Suzuki and Hirokazu Tanaka
“Eight Melodies” from Mother by the St. Paul’s Cathedral Choir

Sponsors & Special Offers:
Audible

Email: [email protected]

Websites:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Chaos Theater -Chaos Theater Mecha Talk Forum - Gundamn! @ Mecha Talk Forum - MAHQ.net @ Twitter - Chaos Theater @ Twitter - Gundamn! @ Twitter - Main RSS Feed -
Chaos Theater YouTube - iTunes - Google Play
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Kaioshin Sama

Re: Ep. 125B: Smiles and Tears (series finale)

And that's a wrap. I remember listening to the very first Chaos Theater podcast way way back in Summer 2011 on a relaxing day driving down to the family boat, almost like a different era really. Appropriately it was about Earthbound and the podcast would go on to cover a wide variety of topics and get me interested in a lot of cool things that I otherwise might not have known about. Then of course you had topics on classic games or films from my childhood and generation in general that gives views or ideas I might not consider. Thinking about it nearly 7 years is an impressive amount of time to keep a podcast like this going as you try to balance day to day life and changing perspectives and values and all that stuff. When I started to see it go to less and less episodes per year (it picked back up again in recent months though) I figured time was becoming an issue and that this would be the last year for it. I think now seems like the right time to end it as I'm just not sure how much the internet appreciates sober non-polarized views on these sorts of topics anymore.

Gonna give these last few episodes a listen on my new headphones I got for Christmas on the way to work this week I think. :D
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Ep. 125B: Smiles and Tears (series finale)

I loved Chaos Theater
Sad to see it go but thanks for all the amazing content throughout the years!!!!
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!