Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

MAHQ's general podcast covering anime, video games, fantasy and sci-fi.

Moderator: PedroBear

yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Re: Chaos Theater Mailbag Drop Box

Post by yazi88 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Yo guys I got some more questions:

1. Your thoughts on the Nintendo Switch? I find it to be more appealing than the Wii U and there seems to be better 3rd party support, although the price for some of those accessories (Pro Controller) makes me somewhat weary. Launch and other games seemed pretty good like the Zelda and the Sonic Adventure like Mario Odyssey.

2. Given how DC has had major problems with the Film division causing a lot of problems for the TV and animated division, Marvel has not been too much better given how Kevin Feige is now in complete control of the MCU movie division and doesn't have to answer to Perlmutter who is now in charge of the other media division. Feige was in a feud with Perlmutter for a long time regarding how to handle things and budget problems. Disney did the smart thing by putting Feige in charge of the film division. It shows because there is little connection in the Agents of TV show now aside from the occasional Civil War stuff Sokovia Accords mentioned here and there. Your thoughts on all this? Sorry for the info dump...

YokozunaBulldozer
Elitist Earth Politician

Post by YokozunaBulldozer » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 am

WHOO HOO CRACK OPEN THAT SAKE BARREL, UNLEASH THE BREWSKIES AND FETCH THE BENTOS ITS CHERRY BLOSSOM PARTY TIME! KANPAI! KANPAI! KANPAI! KANPAI!

1. You two decide to throw a Chaos Theater Cherry Blossom Party in Japan. The fee is all paid for and you guys are gifted a portal gun that lets you bring fictional characters of your choice.
Which characters do you invite and what kind of interactions and shenanigans do you expect?

2. Which animated show do you think has become "The True Successor of The Simpsons"?
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER

yazi88
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by yazi88 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:08 am

Got some more questions to keep the FIRE going! 8)

1. Are there any examples you guys can think of Studio interference helping a movie out rather than hurting it? Given how its a massive problem with Fox and DC studios with various franchises.

2. I apologize if this has been asked before because I can't remember hearing it, but what are some of the better love triangles you've seen in anime and are there any you think had a good resolution because most often its not the case. My personal favorite is Kimagure Orange Road although it wasn't much a love triangle as it was pretty one sided from one of the girls.

3. Pedro, who is your favorite girl in Persona 4? I only accept Rise and Naoto as correct answers. lol. Also looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Persona 5 at the time this is read.

4. Have you guys seen Ash vs Evil? The Starz sequel to the Evil Dead movies? I found it to be very funny and fun to watch with lots of regulars from Sam Reimi's works.
Last edited by yazi88 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mu La Flaga
OMG Doomsday Laser

Post by Mu La Flaga » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:32 am

Yo dudes.
Time for a mailbag envelope from Mu, so here goes the questions.

1.Thoughts in brief(unless plan to discuss them in future episodes) on these movies; Logan, Power Rangers, Ghost in the Shell?
(my thoughts in brief)
A)Logan: A good movie not perfect, there are some aspects they could've done better, but it also feels like a good X-Men movie to close out the original generation.

B)Power Rangers: Not bad, surprsingly interesting, could've been better in some ways *coughKRISPKREMEcough* but enjoyable.

C)Ghost in the Shell: Felt like a solid movie, seems faithful to the original materials as much as it can, it seemed like they put effort in, even if fans b!tch about the 'white washing' good cast, story and action.
Even if it's flawed I felt like they tried with GITS adaptation(Unlike DB Evolution)

2.This quick question goes to Mr Guanche; I remember once in previous episodes of CT you were watching BGC 2040, mind if I ask what happened to your watching of that?

Look forward to your answers, unnttill next time, Mu.