Posting, reading and Login Issues

Rules, forum announcements and tech support can be found here.

Moderators: ShadowCell, Fritz Ashlyn, VR7, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, EZero8, Draco Starcloud, Destiny_Gundam, SNT1

Amion
War-ending Idol Singer

Posting, reading and Login Issues

Post by Amion » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:23 pm

Ok, so I've mentioned on the anime threads some issues with reading posts. This has reached a ridiculous level. I no longer can view updated pages or my account. It's as if everything is frozen. The latest post in the IBO thread is from way back in January. I have to actually go the post topic preview lists to view new messages.

At first this was all just a little inconvenient, but it isn't fixed, and it could cause confusion and other issues over PMs, where correspondence is less reliable...

Another strange thing I've noticed is that apparently the forum updates have created a duel-account syndrome for me. When editing a post several times, I kept running into a message stating "another user has already edited this post" , or something of the like. I also am sometimes incapable of logging out... even when I go through the steps.

When I do finally manage to log out, I come back to an account that is no longer frozen, but seems different, having more recent updates displayed. This account seems to update, but it's extremely slow and has recently gone static as well. That, or I haven't actually managed to access it, as there's no easy way to tell...

My apologies if this is some simple issue that I should be able to fix. But so far I can't make heads or tails of it, and I've lost my patience. :cry:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.

Chris
Bald Wizard

Re: Posting, reading and Login Issues

Post by Chris » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:31 pm

I've never heard of this issue and have no idea what could be causing it. Have you cleaned out your browser cache? Do you visit the forum in other browsers? If so, does this issue happen on those browsers as well? I performed a forced reactivation of your account, which I don't know if that will do anything at all to help, but it's the only administrative tool I have for doing things on user accounts.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

Wingnut
Hot-blooded Gattai

Post by Wingnut » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Refreshing the page has usually solved any problems I've had with this oddity, so even if things are initially displayed incorrectly, smacking F5 a time or two tended to fix things.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.

Amion
War-ending Idol Singer

Post by Amion » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:14 pm

Thanks Chris, it seems to be working right, now.

@Wingnut: I did as you suggested, but refreshing has never helped. the cookie thing seems like a logical place to start, but I hesitated because I'd done it only a couple weeks ago, and have never encountered this kind of issue before. But all seems fixed now, thanks to that. Very strange. I'll see how posting goes, but so far it appears my account's cured. ;)
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.