The Forum Time Date Policy

Rules, forum announcements and tech support can be found here.

Moderators: ShadowCell, Fritz Ashlyn, VR7, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, EZero8, Draco Starcloud, Destiny_Gundam, SNT1

degwin_zabi
AEUG Slapping Boy

The Forum Time Date Policy

Post by degwin_zabi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:25 pm

It's not my intention to offend anyone, but I don't understand some people's problem when I reply to forums that while haven't been answered for some time, shouldn't exactly be dead and forgotten. I'm sorry that I haven't seen any rule about it, but I think it's best we change the policy. We simply let a forum be answerable for a whole year, maybe two, and if the time passes on the anniversary of the initial debate and no one replies to it in enough time, then it can be immediately called off.

Hyakushiki
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Re: The Forum Time Date Policy

Post by Hyakushiki » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:47 pm

Not speaking as a member of the moderation staff but generally, on most discussion forums if a thread is inactive for a month or more then it's considered dead. Some people don't mind discussing an old topic so long as it was interesting to begin with, however bringing back old discussions no one is interested in anymore accomplishes nothing except to annoy the mods in fact there is a rule that specifically says thread bumping is a no no. Mods don't close old threads for being too old, they instead trust people to use good judgement and not post in them. You are better off checking timestamps between posts rather than trying to make a new policy for something that is really a end user problem and not a forum problem.
Don't send a coordinator to do a newtype's job!

Chris
Bald Wizard

Post by Chris » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:43 pm

degwin_zabi wrote:It's not my intention to offend anyone, but I don't understand some people's problem when I reply to forums that while haven't been answered for some time, shouldn't exactly be dead and forgotten. I'm sorry that I haven't seen any rule about it, but I think it's best we change the policy. We simply let a forum be answerable for a whole year, maybe two, and if the time passes on the anniversary of the initial debate and no one replies to it in enough time, then it can be immediately called off.
Because there's no point in replying to threads that are months or years old. If the conversation has been dead that long, I don't care how interesting you find the topic, but it's over. In some cases you're probably replying to people who don't even post here anymore, so they won't see what you're posting anyway. To turn things around, why do you feel compelled to keep posting in dead topics? Either way, our policy isn't changing, so just stop doing it.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

degwin_zabi
AEUG Slapping Boy

Post by degwin_zabi » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:00 am

Chris wrote:
degwin_zabi wrote:It's not my intention to offend anyone, but I don't understand some people's problem when I reply to forums that while haven't been answered for some time, shouldn't exactly be dead and forgotten. I'm sorry that I haven't seen any rule about it, but I think it's best we change the policy. We simply let a forum be answerable for a whole year, maybe two, and if the time passes on the anniversary of the initial debate and no one replies to it in enough time, then it can be immediately called off.
Because there's no point in replying to threads that are months or years old. If the conversation has been dead that long, I don't care how interesting you find the topic, but it's over. In some cases you're probably replying to people who don't even post here anymore, so they won't see what you're posting anyway. To turn things around, why do you feel compelled to keep posting in dead topics? Either way, our policy isn't changing, so just stop doing it.
Don't bother. My mind's made up, I'm quitting. Just tell me how I can delete my account, and I'm out.