Search Function Broken Again?

Rules, forum announcements and tech support can be found here.

Moderators: ShadowCell, Fritz Ashlyn, VR7, Heretic, mcred23, Cardi Doorl, EZero8, Draco Starcloud, Destiny_Gundam, SNT1

mcred23
Traitor Villain

Search Function Broken Again?

Post by mcred23 » Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Well, the old problem of the search function not working seems to have returned, to some extent. For example, I searched for "Botty", a Zeta Gundam character mentioned a bunch of times in this thread, and get no results. As another example, I searched for "Somalia", something I know that was mentioned a lot in the RPG section if nowhere else, and else get no results either. What's unusual is some terms bring up the normal range of results going back several years (Try the name of almost any mobile suit, or common terms like "beam saber"), but others do not (If you try "Dijeh", Amuro's suit from Zeta, it brings back just a single result from last Tuesday, while a Google search brings up many older threads).
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')

IGArchMason33
Mecha Flunky

Re: Search Function Broken Again?

Post by IGArchMason33 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:26 pm

mcred23 wrote:Well, the old problem of the search function not working seems to have returned, to some extent. For example, I searched for "Botty", a Zeta Gundam character mentioned a bunch of times in this thread, and get no results. As another example, I searched for "Somalia", something I know that was mentioned a lot in the RPG section if nowhere else, and else get no results either. What's unusual is some terms bring up the normal range of results going back several years (Try the name of almost any mobile suit, or common terms like "beam saber"), but others do not (If you try "Dijeh", Amuro's suit from Zeta, it brings back just a single result from last Tuesday, while a Google search brings up many older threads).
or you can just use google and go site:mechatalk.net "search"

phpbb has always had problems with their search function.