Ep. 144 - The Man From OZ

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 144 - The Man From OZ

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 144 - "The Man From OZ"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 147 min., 9 sec. (2:27:09) - 67.3 MB

Episode Summary:
The VOTOMS Round-up continues with reviews of the OVAs of the 80's & 90's! Then we sit down with voice actor David Kaye for a very special interview!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guest: David Kaye

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:33:39

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:33:39 - 0:34:29

03. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:34:29 - 0:35:30

04.1st Segment: "VOTOMS Roundup - 'The Last Red Shoulder, Big Battle, Roots of Ambition, Armor Hunter Mellowlink, Shining Heresy'" (OVA Series, 1985-1994)
Runtime: 0:35:30 - 1:34:20

05. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:34:20 - 1:34:49

06. "#ExVsTheGundamnation - Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Nights!" (Commercial)
Runtime: 01:34:49 - 1:36:28

07. 2nd Segment: "A Sit-down with the Smoothest Canadian - An Interview with David Kaye"
Runtime: 1:36:28 - 2:14:46

08. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 2:14:46 - 2:15:58

09. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:15:58 - 2:27:09

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
m121akuma

Re: Ep. 144 - The Man From OZ

BWAHAHAHAH YOUR THREATS HAVE NO POWER OVER ME, NEO! I am INVINCIBLE!

Seriously though, I'll try to keep better track of the news.
wielder

Re: Ep. 144 - The Man From OZ

Pretty nice episode, good Votoms talk and a fairly amusing interview.

For those few who might be wondering, director Takahashi himself brings up that Shining Heresy could have been longer during the commentary track that Central Park Media recorded with him for their Votoms release. I don't remember his exact words, but he does briefly mention there were production difficulties of some sort and that things may have turned out differently as a result.

The director also admitted that he originally didn't want to make a sequel to Votoms, thinking of it as a complete story, but that apparently the fans kept asking to see something else past the ending of the TV series. That's more or less where my main personal objection against Shining Heresy comes from, since what I didn't like about it stems from re-opening an already concluded story.

In contrast, I'm quite happy with projects like Mellowlink and Roots of Ambition. The retcons in the Votoms prequels and side stories aren't really a major issue for me. They do make the continuity a little messy in certain parts, which isn't the best possible state of affairs, but overall they're still good works in their own right. It's the Chirico-centric sequels that, while not necessarily all bad, tend to go in controversial directions.
Soul Eater, the True Rune