Ep. 143 - The Red Comet Begins

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 143 - The Red Comet Begins

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 143 - "The Red Comet Begins"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 155 min., 44 sec. (2:35:44) - 71.3 MB

Episode Summary:
Our long-awaited VOTOMS Round-up kicks off with a review of "Armored Trooper VOTOMS". Then, the Gundamn Book Club resumes with our discussion of "Gundam The Origin" Vol. 5!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:47:21

02. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:47:21 - 0:48:12

03. "Seattle Sabotage" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 0:48:12 - 0:48:43

04.1st Segment: "VOTOMS Roundup - 'Armored Trooper VOTOMS'" (TV Series, 1983)
Runtime: 0:48:43 - 1:43:34

05. "Hell Hath No Fury" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 1:43:34 - 1:44:29

06. "#ExVsTheGundamnation - Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost Nights!" (Commercial)
Runtime: 1:44:29 - 1:46:08

07. 2nd Segment: "Manga Spotlight - 'Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin' Vol. 5"
Runtime: 1:46:08 - 2:21:26

08. "Gihren's Ambition" by Garma Strikes!
Runtime: 2:21:26 - 2:24:36

09. Outro: "Closing/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:24:36 - 2:35:44

MARCH MADNESS IS HERE! Join Gundamn! @ MAHQ in celebrating by participating in our "Battle of the Captains 2014!" Top three winners will get one of these Master Grade Gunpla!

UPDATED: April 23th, 2014
- Runners-Up: MSZ-006 A1 Zeta Gundam, AMX-004-2 Quebeley MK-II & ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam Extreme Blast Mode
- Grand Prize: MSN-04 Sazabi Ver. KA

Head over the link below and follow the instructions in order to participate. Cutoff for speculation submission entries is MARCH 15th, 2014 @ 11:59pm EST!!! Voting begins MARCH 16th, 2014 @ 12am EST and will continue weekly until APRIL 25th, 2014! Don't hesitate, click & enter now!
BotC 2014 March Madness Bracket: http://challonge.com/botc2014

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
yazi88

Re: Ep. 143 - The Red Comet Begins

Awesome, a 2 topic episode! Its been a while but still pretty good to see every once in a while.

Good stuff as usual!
The Fowl Sorcerous

guys, amazon.ca (actual amazon, not some joe blow using an amazon storefront) has new copies of volume 4 of VOTOMS for 34 dollars. does anyone need me to movediscs for them?
[[lorem ipsum]]
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

The Fowl Sorcerous wrote:guys, amazon.ca (actual amazon, not some joe blow using an amazon storefront) has new copies of volume 4 of VOTOMS for 34 dollars. does anyone need me to movediscs for them?
Are you hinting that some of the hosts were ill-informed?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
eanetdude

Great episode! I've been putting off buying Origin volume 5 for weeks now, but after listening I quickly ordered it. Seriously, when are those royalty checks arriving for you?

Also, ill-informed Neo failed to inform the listeners that there is an English dub of VOTOMS' first episode.
Vent Noir

With regards to the toyota replacing robots with humans story, the concern for me is that it means the robots will be out of jobs... isn't it always the malcontents that are the first to cause trouble?
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
phillosmaster

This is the best Gundam The Origins Volume to date. I didn't know this was coming so I was pretty surprised after I got past the initial parts and into the meat of the Zeon history lesson.

Who didn't want to know more about Ramba Ral and his whole supporting cast? Also all the info we got about the Zabi family was great. It was a stretch that Casval would end up living with Char like that coincidentally, but once you let that go everything in this volume was just awesome.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Arbiter GUNDAM

I don't know why Dorothy gets hate either. :(

Nice, Battlestar quote SBR. :D

Naming your Roombas? Uh-oh...

I am convinced that when the End of Days happens, robots will be there. No, I'm serious.

I love how you put that Neo: "You know those little white seals they used to club?"

well, if you look at those old Star Wars comics from Marvel, that were based on an early treatment of the script (and the old VHS tapes) Han did shoot first. :D

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" in the Old Timey voice. I nearly died...

that's all for now, i haven't seen Votoms yet and haven't finished Vol. 5 yet.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion