Mailbag Drop Box Mk II

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Mailbag Drop Box Mk II

HELLO
1. If you were a movie director and debuted the Transformers live action movie during the 1990s, which of the choices below would you have as Soundwave's alt mode?
The Talkboy from Home Alone or Teddy Ruxpin the teddy bear that eats cassettes to sing?

2. Which Mirai do you vote for? UC Mirai or Build Fighters TRY Mirai?

3. If Keyser Soze was a Build Fighters character do you agree he will start out with a Dom only to reveal a hidden Gunpla as it bursts out during battle yelling WHATS IN A DOOOOOOMMMMMMM
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
MCTDread

Greetings Podcast Meisters!

Gundam The Origin has done a fantastic job of retelling in a much more logical and in depth view of the The One Year War. Yas has done such an amazing job with the series and I eagerly await the upcoming volumes. My question is if Yas were to do a retelling of another Gundam series in a similar fashion to Origin which would you love to see?

Personally I would pick 0083 to see how Yas would depict the political conspiracy to start the Titans and write out that God awful love triangle.
Last edited by MCTDread on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Turkuru

Hey Gundamn crew! I've been a fan since the inception of the podcast. Great work!
Two short questions:
SoulBroRyu...What are your thoughts on a Gundam Moba game in the vein of League of Legends, with "champions" being different suits from the various Gundam franchises. I think with a simple 4 key move system and the simplistic game style it could be a fun way to battle with a ton of suits on a single battlefield. What Suit would you guys want to throw down with?

Keep up the good work. And keep the Straight Talk Express gassed up.
MCTDread

Christopher Lee, Christopher Walken, or Clint Eastwood.

If you had to choose between these 3 actors to act as Captain of a Pegasus Class ship who would you choose and why? How would the chosen Captain act with the crew and with whiny teenage Gundam Pilots? And who would give the best Bright Slap?
YokozunaBulldozer

IM RICK JAMES! CELEBRATION!

1. Which one of the six music group or artists below would win in a mecha battle royale and why?
- A flock of scope dogs piloted by each member of AKB48
- Dragonzord, a.k.a Dragon Caesar, piloted by Skrillex
- Fire Valkyrie piloted by Rick Astley
- Dairugger XV a.k.a Vehicle Voltron piloted by Wu Tang Clan and friends with ODB back from the dead via some anime logic that people feel is justifiable
- The Methuss piloted by Ozzy Osbourne
- Any mecha that has camouflage tech piloted by Lionel Richie(hello~~~~)

2. We first got Dunbine in the form of Abigorbine, Madoking Granzort in the form of Team Gaia Dragon, and we got the Dragonar trio in the form of the EZ-SRs. Which non-Gundam Sunrise Mecha would you guys like to see be hinted as homages in TRY while the show goes on?

p.s. Rest In Peace ODB
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
bertman4

Gundam Build Fighters Try is in full swing. The three main characters, Sekai, Yuuma, and Fumina are color coordinated. Not only are their hair colors red, blue, and yellow, their gunplas are also red, blue, and yellow. This is obviously evocative of the various sentai series.

So how much hero tokusatsu (SFX live action) have you guys seen, like the various sentai or kamen rider or metal hero series? I'm leaving out giant monster tokusatsu like godzilla and ultraman.
yazi88

1. Rejoice Chris! You asked and Bandai/Banpresto listened! The Juagg makes a cameo AND is playable in the latest SRW Z3! Now you can play the game to complement your Juagg sweatshirt/T-Shirt! I would like to post a youtube link of it but sadly it seems that people have too much dignity to post a video of a playable Juagg which says something, especially youtube standards...

2. Since most/pretty much all Real Robot shows usually involve war, politics plays a huge role in them. So my question is: What Politicians in mecha anime would you guys vote for? Personally I'd vote for Denim Cashim from Dougram, dude knows what to do and ain't a scumbag about it although he can be ruthless...

3. What are some of the more/least effective mass produced mecha when it comes to fighting NON-HUMANOID aliens? I think Muvluv's TSFs seem to be pretty effective against the BETA while Blue Gender's Armored Shrikes not so much against the blue...

P.S: Forgive me if I got it wrong if the monsters in Blue Gender are aliens or not, I haven't seen the show in a long time.
aLumberingOx

Hey Gundamn Guys. I'm a long time listener since episode 2, but first time poster.

What would you guys think of a Gundam/Star Wars cross over? How do you think it would change either of the respective universes? New types have similar abilities to jedi and a mobile suit with a beam saber is essentially a giant robotic jedi/sith. What could Admiral Thrawn do differently then the Zabi family? Would the explode-able Tie Fighter be replaced by the replaceable Methuss?

Thanks again for all your amazing podcast!
angelwingzero

Space Wacky Races time!

Who will be the Wackiest Racer in mecha? You three are in control of Dick Dastardly and Muttley, sabotaging the contestants along the way. You get one trap/prank each.

Race 1 - Land Race across the De-sert

Kai and Hayato in the Guntank in the lead.
Cosmo and Kasha in the Ideon-Bus in second.
Suzaku in the Lancelot takes third.
Shogo in the Garland takes fourth.
And the Dai Guard and crew in last place.

What chaos do you introduce?

Race 2 - Race through Space debris field

Eiji in the Layzner in first.
German Man in the Zudah in second place.
Shin Getter-2 piloted by the original Getter team drilling for third.
Flight Gurren Lagann piloted by Simon and Kamina also drilling for third.
Zambot 3 in last place, Kappei is arguing with everyone else.

What dastardly deeds do you deign appropriate?

Keep up the good work on the show! Makes me prouder to live in Florida.
"So he's wearing an all black pilot suit and you put him in the CRAZY MACHINE. In the mental state that he's already in, does that seem like a good idea?" - My favorite Chris quote.
Flame-X

Why hello there Gundamners,

If you were given the video editing skills (except for Soul Bro since he already has the skills) to make one AMV, what anime(s) and song would you choose? What would you title it? And what type of AMV would it be? (action, comedy, trailer, etc etc)
Last edited by Flame-X on Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCTDread

The 3 of you have won $1 Million! However in order for you to receive it you must survive a hellish road trip from Miami to LA with a select group of characters from several Gundam series... Which of these 4 teams would you feel most comfortable with to make this pilgrimage?

Ali Al Sausage and Yazan
Kio and Katz
Atrhun and Kira
Oliver and Real Rock Guy
Last edited by MCTDread on Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

HAPPY NEW YEAR

1. My only gripe about Amazing Red Warrior's debut in TRY is that it could have used a little more cowbell, which in this case is little chibi SD Exia angels with harps surrounding it and praising it as it advents and the meijin bgm plays. Likewise, are there any mecha debut scenes that could have used a little more cowbell of its own?

2. Which mecha pilot would win in an office chair jousting tournament and why?

3. We now know that the achilles heel of Turn A is a good dose of Soten Guren Ken to the sweets. So, do you gents agree that now moonlight butterfly cannot win them all anymore if you give it a good kick to the sweets? ROCK N ROLL!!!
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Kei Katsuragi

I often hear how the Titans are not at all sympathetic from people who hate or dislike Zeta Gundam. I recently sat down to rewatch the show, and I do agree that the Titans are pretty unlikable across the board. However it occurred to me that Tomino probably didn't want his audience sympathizing with the Titans. There is that one scene when Jamaican is talking to Lyla's men about joining the Titans, saying that the perk is you get treated two ranks higher, and I believe that this was to show how the Titans get idiots to join their ranks who blindly follow them just because of material things, not because of principal. The only Titans who joined up to protect the Earth from Zeon remnants (Addis Aziba and Emma Sheen) don't exactly stay with the Titans (one gets killed by other Titans and the other defects). Other Titans, like Jerid and Scirocco had agendas when joining up with the Titans, but didn't care about the future of the world, just their selfish desires.

My question is: Do you think Tomino wanted to show the folly of joining up with an military force like the Titans? That only blind idiots, psychopaths, or selfish people would join such an organization? And perhaps to possibly discourage future people from joining something like the Titans?

Second question (little off topic): Do you think, if Scirocco had won, his vision of Humanity would've been better than the results we see later in U.C?

P.S Mouar is an oddity only because I have no idea why she initially joined the Titans but she seemed to only fight for Jerid's sake.
RevenVrake

Hey there, know you want to keep this short so...

What are your thoughts on Battletech/MechWarrior? Especially the fact it lifted some...ahem, designs from Macross and other Anime series.
YokozunaBulldozer

HELLO

1. An unknown benevolent force will give you a Jigen Haoh School Ryusei Rasen Ken mixed with a good old dose of Kaioken unless you form a boyband with mecha pilots. The catch is a NKOTB type boyband composed of the most macho mecha pilots around. Pretty boys are banned.

2. You three are a gunpla team. Name of team and each of your gunpla please.

3. If episode 1 of SEED Destiny had the three protagonists from GTA V jack the Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss how would things have turned out?
Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:10 am, edited 8 times in total.
Gundam420

Hey guys, sorry last time for my TLDR post.

1. While Gundam may be science-fiction fantasy and sometimes we have to give certain scenarios the benefit of the doubt because it is fiction, there are some things that make me go wtf, like why the heck does Freedom fall in space in Seed, or the Destiny and the Minerva both fall to the moon after being destroyed. None of these scenarios should be possible due to the lack of gravity. So my question is, what are those scientifically ridiculous moments in Gundam that grind your gears?

2. With progress on the upcoming Battle Angel Alita movie going smoothly (sarcasm), if you could get someone else to to direct it, who would it be and who would play Alita?

Challenge Mode: No Michael Bay.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
The Fowl Sorcerous

with Chris' return to the show some members of the community have begun referring to the three of you as the trinity. Which of you is The Holy Spirit and which of you is Wonder Woman?
[[lorem ipsum]]
MCTDread

You are in charge of recasting Seinfeld strictly with characters from Gundam. Who would you pick to play as Seinfeld, Kramer, Newman!, and such. Even minor reappearing characters if you would like.

Thanks for taking my question and continue the great work.
zero_the_masked_knight

N/A
Last edited by zero_the_masked_knight on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeing people for who they are; not who you think they are, not what you want them to be. Seeing someone unconditionally, without paranoia, without prejudice, without stereotypes, without fear...That's what "love" is.
"Love" is looking into a person's eyes and seeing a soul.
Jadfish

Hey guys, I'm new around here, but I have a friend who is even newer to mecha anime in general.

After he started his venture into anime by watching Naruto around June this year, he came to me for recommendations. I told him to watch a lot of stuff, including Tengen Toppe Gurren Lagann, which he quickly fell in love with (amen)

Now, how would you introduce a guy who likes TTGL to the rest of the mecha genre? I would like to watch G-reco with him, but I don't think it's entry level stuff.

I like your podcast a lot, and I am slowly digging my way through the earlier episodes.
Also thanks a lot for making me aware of Gundam The Origin. I have 5 volumes so far and I love it!
Have a nice day guys.