Ep. 131 - Lady in Red

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 131 - Lady in Red

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 131 - "Lady in Red"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 126 min., 15 sec. (2:06:15) - 57.8 MB

Episode Summary:
In our extended segment, we discuss the Gundam-inspired, office comedy manga, "Ganota no Onna" by Sabishi Uroaki!

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News/The Hopers & Dreamers Corner/The Old Timey Drama Hour"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:52:04

02. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:52:04 - 0:52:38

03. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:52:38 - 0:53:07

04. Extended Segment: "Manga Spotlight - 'Ganota no Onna'" (Gundam Ace, 2007)
Runtime: 0:53:07 - 1:21:37

05. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:21:37 - 1:22:34

06. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:22:34 - 1:23:25

07. Outro: "Closing/The Gundamn Mailbag!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 1:23:25 - 2:06:15

EDITOR'S NOTE
During the third segment, we had a bit of an issue in Skype and it cut off some of Chris' answer for the question about the Gundam Wing Boys in the Code Geass universe at the start of the segment. The "Newtype Flash" sound effect will clue you into when it happened in the recording. We didn't lose much, but sorry about it happening, gang.

Ask Gundamn or Leave a message:
Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Feedback & Social Networking:
- E-Mail: GundamnMAHQ(NoSpam)@gmail.com
- Twitter: @MAHQDotNet / @GundamnAtMAHQ / @CTCast
- MAHQ Facebook Group
- Forums: MechaTalk.net / Gundamn! @ MechaTalk.net
- Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324

Subscribe & Download Gundamn! @ MAHQ
- Main RSS Feed
- Gundamn! @ iTunes
- Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn
- YouTube: Gundamn! @ MAHQ / Chaos Theater / Shinjuku Station / ShinStation Fight Tube

Gundamn! @ MAHQ is a MAHQ & Shinjuku Station Joint
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Shinjuku Station Podcasting - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - ShinStation Fight Tube! - ShinStation Live!

Many thanks for listening!
@SoulBroRyu
[email protected]
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
eanetdude

Re: Ep. 131 - Lady in Red

Limit the "SBR Hype Machine" submission criteria please. Do we really want Rodimus76 to flood Neo's News even more? Let's say we limit it to just fandom petitions.
YokozunaBulldozer

I shall accept the title Cardinal Dozer Father Soul Bro :P Who knew a mechanical cat with a built in pocket dimension could do so much...

Anyways I should read Gunota Lady again now that you guys brought it up. I read up to volume 1 and stopped after getting immersed in Gundam Sousei a while back.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
phillosmaster

Flash Gordan is pretty ****?

Neo must have been thinking about some other movie.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

phillosmaster wrote:Flash Gordan is pretty ****?

Neo must have been thinking about some other movie.
Please elaborate?
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
phillosmaster

It just seems like you must be mistaken.

Are you talking about that movie where the pro football player get's accidently shot into space? He does battle with with a racistly depicted chinese stereotype with the help of space robinhoods and space hawkmen (who scream awesome quotes). All the while he's riding around in a floating space jet ski. Also there is that scene where those guys are sticking their hands in that thing and that scene where Flash plays football with Ming's guards for some reason.

You must not have been thinking about that movie because that movie was awesome.
Even as we speak, the stealth bombers of the Brotherhood of Dada are swooping silently overhead. They’re using stealth bombs which level whole cities without even the slightest trace of noise or damage. Nothing remains of the world you knew and still you stand in the ruins, acting as if nothing has changed.
Mu La Flaga

Can't comment on the main topic.
As for the mailbag response, I figured Chris and SBR would have more experience then Neo.

The DS Revenge of the Fallen games were ok, their graphics weren't that good, it had 1-2 small interesting ideas to them.

The games that I rather liked were the War and Fall Cybertron games.

The Armada game was good, but it had some small down points, I did like the size of some of the bosses like Tidal Wave and Unicron.
I liked the open world setting for it, but didn't like being limited to 3 Autobots for whatever reason.
Destiny_Gundam

In regards to why it matters that other people now like something you like, it's a matter of validation. Some one might be feeling alone and isolated in their fandom, even being ashamed of it on some level. Having that fandom then be embraced by the public reaffirms that it's okay to like said thing. If the public as a whole like it, then the nerd can finally be accepted. I think that's why they're so insistant on this idea of a Hollywood Gundam movie, because if it got made then people would see it and they'd be enlighted to how great the franchise is. This hope blinds them to the fact that most Hollywood anime adaptations are crap so it wouldn't win anyone over anyways.

And yeah, you can say "It's enough to like what you like" or whatever, but unfortunately we all can't be free of self-esteem issues.

Kawamori designs all his mecha with legos first, then turns them to lineart afterwards. He's done this for Macross, of course, but Aquarion as well.

The For Cybertron games are not backstories for Transformers Prime. They belong to the same generation, yes, but they aren't really connected (like the G1 cartoon and comics). If they were in the same timeline, you'd have a hell of a lot of continuality errors to explain away.

Funny you hate on Romary so much. For whatever reason she's pretty popular with hentai artists.

I grew up with Cardcaptors and never once did I get the impression that Lee was the main character. The only thing I recall that I can see being an attempt to do that was having the first episode be the episode Lee shows up. The episodes prior to that did get aired later.

The disco gun thing was only for you yanks. In superior Canada it got aired uncut.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."