Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Article Thread Mark IV

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Vent Noir

Re: Neo's News - Listener Submitted News Article Thread Mark

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
wielder

More Code Geass is coming...or so it seems. Nothing is confirmed yet.

Code Geass 10th Anniversary Event Teases "Demon's Rebirth" — & Maybe More
A few lucky fans received a ticket and a fancy invitation to November 27's Code Geass 10th Anniversary event — and maybe a bit more ... The "Code Geass no Kiseki no Anniversary" invitation teases a secret code, and then slips in fine print at the bottom, "P.S. The answer is beneath "kai."

The main text of the invitation has five words that are pronounced with "kai" — the Greek letter "X," "今回" (konkai), and "会." It also has a couple of two-character words that have the same line strokes as the Japanese characters for "kai" (カイ) — "勤倹" and "勅使."

Directly beneath these five words are these characters: "魔," "神," "の" "複" and "活". String these five characters together and you get, "魔神の復活" — "Rebirth of the Demon." Remember a certain someone nicknamed the "Demon"?
Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... re/.108753

Also, there is a curious question mark in the first image from the link below:

"Code Geass" Marks Tenth Anniversary with Nationwide Lottery

Source:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... de-lottery
Soul Eater, the True Rune
LightningCount

Gundam The Origin Episodes 1-3 Streaming for FREE in English on Daisuki from "November 18, 12:00pm (JST) until December 17, 11:59 (JST)." http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... mited-time
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

YokozunaBulldozer

Last edited by YokozunaBulldozer on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

wielder

Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Gets 2nd Season Next Spring
Bandai Visual began streaming a teaser trailer on Friday to announce a second anime season based on Yasuo Ohtagaki's Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt manga. The new season will premiere next spring.

The teaser includes the tagline, "The war is not over yet…"
Source:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ng/.108958
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

RiderKabuto

ROBOT APOCALYPSE NEWS!!!

Robots draw first blood, seemingly cute robot attacks man at China Hi Tech Fair.

A robot appeared to throw off the chains of its human oppressors and exact its revenge at a Chinese tech show on Wednesday.

Images and reports from the Chinese social media site Weibo show that a robot nicknamed “little chubby” began destroying a booth at the China Hi-Tech Fair while it was left unattended. One picture shows a man laying on a stretcher, an apparent victim of the robot’s rampage. Another shows shattered glass left in the robot’s wake. A third reveals a seemingly upset “little chubby” in the aftermath of the destruction.

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... -humanity/
Even if the world were full of enemies, there is someone you must protect.
eanetdude

:!: :!: :!: SIR BAY NEWS ALERT :!: :!: :!:
TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT Teaser Trailer to Debut December 16.
Childhoods will be re-re-re-re-destroyed when the first trailer for Sir Bay's next instant classic film will be attached to some little low-budget indie film called "ROGUE ONE".

Source: Transformers Official Twitter
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

wielder

Code Geass Gets New Project & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy
Sunrise announced at the Code Geass 10th Anniversary event on Sunday that the franchise is getting its "next project," as well as a three-part compilation anime film series.

The next project is titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection), but the announcement did not reveal the format of the project.

The three-part film series will recap all 50 episodes of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion series and the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series. The cast are re-recording all their lines for the films, and the films will include new scenes. The first film will open in 2017.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... gy/.109224
eanetdude

GUNDAM UNICORN Coming to Toonami
The "Re: 0096" version will begin airing January 2nd, 2017 at 1:00 am EST.

Source: Toonami's Facebook
YokozunaBulldozer

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2 ... etter-rays

New Getter Robo manga will be about... MAHJONG
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Vent Noir

Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

eanetdude

Right Stuf President Talks Gundam Discs on ANN Cast
Shawne Kleckner went on Anime News Network's podcast to talk 2016 for RightStufAnime.com, including new nuggets about their past and future Gundam releases.

On FUNimation's Escaflowne kickstarter & blu-ray:
I knew it would sell very well. I'll admit myself, I was a bit puzzled why they pushed that as a kickstarter. It sounded like there was an issue with the way that was all handled on the backside. The fact of the matter is, Escaflowne was a top-seller at the time. It's a perennial. [...] If you're coming in new to the market, this is something you can start with.
On which new Gundam DVDs & blu-rays have sold the best:
All of them have sold well. I've been very very pleased with how they've come out. None of them have done very poorly. I think Build Fighters was actually the strongest one we've had, which I thought was interesting. And then you look down from there, we have Zeta and Double Zeta. The ones that have not been released in the United States before have actually really performed well. They haven't been the top sellers, because they had been kind of side... they haven't been dubbed. I think that the fans really love them, but I think the mass-market fans are looking for the titles they saw on Toonami and so on.
On the most surprising thing about working with Sunrise Inc. on Gundam:
SK: Obviously there's going to be challenges. This is their crown jewel. So they're very very protective of it. I would say that there's obviously been an issue with materials. We're getting far-deep into some of the catalog here. So getting materials on some of the older series has been a little bit more of a challenge than I would hope. Part of that, also, is just a barrier to understanding. If we say, look, you know: 'the Japanese DVD set from ten-fifteen years ago there was this little clip and we want it'. Trying to explain that has been a little bit of a challenge. Fortunately, for the most part, we have been able to get those things, and that's been a big plus. There's been a number of little shorts and things that we've added to these releases that never saw the light of day before. I know that we've got some neat stuff for IGLOO and some of the other titles that are coming up soon. Another one: the scripts that we've gotten from shows that were released back in the day really have some continuity issues. So, we're doing out best to clean those up as much as we possibly can. I want someone who comes in and watches from the beginning to the end, as much as possible I don't want names of characters that change [...] As much continuity we can repair, we are doing.

ANN: Materials on a modestly popular Gundam TV show from 1987 must be fun [laughs].

SK: Well, you gotta dig up, I don't know how dusty these things are or where they're stored over there, I would think they would be stored in a way where they could find it, we're very organized on our side. There organization level, I can't speak to that.
On how they decide when to release on DVD or Blu Ray:
There haven't been a lot of [DVD, then to BD]. The only one that was like that was Turn A. [...] The original strategy here was to take the large TV series and break them into pieces, one being product that had never been released here in our market and the other being starting at the very beginning through the Universal Century. [...] In terms of flipping it around, with Turn A we started this deal and there was kind of this resistance. They [Sunrise] were like 'we don't want to make a big investment in this, no one's going to buy it because it never got finished in the day [Bandai's planned 2012 release]. And so there must have been reason for that.' So we put that release out on DVD, it's obvious that there was a response from the customer, and I said at the time, people want this on blu-ray it really needs to be on blu-ray. But there was some consternation there in terms of what will the market bear. What will the people want? Obviously, being able to show that people DO want it, it was much simpler to say, "look let's come back around and put this show on blu-ray as well. We've been doing the TV shows on blu-ray, there's high-def materials for this, let's get this back out on the market to the customers 'cause it's what they really want." There's still plenty of reasons why some people still want the DVD release, so we make that available too. We've done that on everything except G-Reco. Unless it's a re-release that we can't get high-def materials for, we've really been pushing toward the blu-ray space. [...] I can see the market statistics [...] at this point blu-ray has surpassed DVD. 0080 is one that we did, there's no blu-ray in Japan. So what we did was make it look the best we can make it. I still think it looks better than the previous release that was put out by Bandai back in the day.
What Gundam title has been the most unique production process:
The most challenging was the first one, only because we had to get ramped up and running. First Gundam was our first blu-ray so it had it's challenges. In terms of just straight struggles, I would say After War Gundam X. That one had to be translated from scratch. We had to go through a lot of approval processes. Materials were complicated because it was deep-catalog. In terms of most effort, that was the most challenging.
Anything they're not allowed to bring over (Doan's Island, the trilogy dub):
Those two are the only ones I'm aware of. That one episode, Tomino doesn't like it, he's forbidden it anywhere outside Japan. And the trilogy dub, they didn't like it over there [Japan]. So we're not allowed to use it. So if you have that on a tape, hold onto it cause that's the only way you'll see it.
Source: ANNCast December 2nd, 2016 episode