Ep. 123 - The Fear Factor!

The home for everything about MAHQ's flagship podcast.
Soul Bro Ryu

Ep. 123 - The Fear Factor!

Gundamn! @ MAHQ Ep. 123 - "The Fear Factor!"
- Download Now!: 64 kbps - 168 min., 26 sec. (2:48:26) - 77.1 MB

Join the Conversation about this episode @ Gundamn.net!

Special Guests: Stephanie Sheh (Segment One) & Dollow Rlance (All Segments)

Segment Breakdown for this Episode:

01. Intro: "Neo's News Extended Edition!"
Runtime: 0:00:00 - 0:58:43

02. Pretentious Internet Theatre (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:58:43 - 0:59:10

03. Second Opinion Games (Podcast)
Runtime: 0:59:10 - 1:00:10

04. 1st Segment: "Enter the Hollow Ship! - A Follow-up interview with Stephanie Sheh" about the Web Series "Hollow Ship" & the Kickstarter for the project!"
Runtime: 1:00:10 - 1:27:26

05. SSAA Podcast: The Ass-Backwards Anime Podcast (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:27:26 - 1:28:16

06. Anime Addicts Anonymous (Podcast)
Runtime: 1:28:16 - 1:28:50

07. 2nd Segment: "Face Your Fate! - Our Worst Fears for Mecha Anime!" (Discussion)
Runtime: 1:28:50 - 2:13:55

08. I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside (Podcast)
Runtime: 2:13:55 - 2:14:46

09. Jabman: Defender of Destiny!!! (Commercial?)
Runtime: 2:14:46 - 2:15:58

10. Outro: "Closing/The Hopers & Dreamers Corner/Shoutouts!/Peep the Websites!"
Runtime: 2:15:58 - 2:48:26

Dollow holds it down for Chris this episode, having a follow-up interview with actress Stephanie Sheh about a kickstarter for the web series, "Hollow Ship"! Then, we delve into our fears for the genre of Mecha Anime!

Endless thanks to Stephanie for taking time out of her busy schedule to join us on the show & to Dollow for holding this interview. Don't hesitate to visit these websites and let Ms. Sheh know you heard her on Gundamn! @ MAHQ!

- Official Website
- IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1315809/
- ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=3419
- Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Sheh
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/stephaniesheh
- Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stephanie ... 0078228204
- @Hollowship on Twitter
- Kickstarter for Hollowship Episode 00

Even after all of that, you're still hankering for more Gundamn?! Well, catch us guest hosting on the following podcasts!
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 30 (feat. Chris Guanche) - iTunes
- Ikaricast: Season 4, Episode 33 (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside: Episode 57 "Game-ception - Dot Hack" (feat. Neo Lorrnoke) - iTunes
- Tomocast Ep. 40: "Gundam" (feat. Chris & Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes
- Anime Addicts Anonymous Ep. 153: "Anime Inventions & Mobile Suit Gundam AGE" (feat. Soul Bro Ryu) - iTunes

Also, don't forget to participate in Gundamn Fan Chat! Organized by NastyNate, there are several ways that you can let him know that you want to be a part of the next session:

- Participate in the Gundamn Fan Chat Thread @ Mechatalk.net!
- Become a part of the MAHQ Facebook Group!

Make sure to peep their latest pow-wow below!
- Ep. 001 - Favorite Mecha Anime Relationships (The Premiere Episode!)
- Ep. 002 - Top 5 Mecha Final Battles (Feat. Soul Bro Ryu)
- Ep. 003 - Favorite Gundamn Moments and Top 3 MSV
- Ep. 004 - Top 3 Anime that made us the fans we are/Top 5 Grunt Suits

Want to ask us a question that could be played during a future episode? Call the MAHQ Google Voice Line @ 305-792-8324 and leave a question (or message) that's no longer than 4 minutes. Make sure that at the beginning you leave your NAME specify that your message is for "GUNDAMN! @ MAHQ" also! We're looking forward to hearing from the Gundamnation and answering your voicemails!

Peep these Podcasts & Videos also!:
- Chaos Theater: Sp. 003 - Hatercast feat. Austin Blake & Neo Lorrnoke! (Mechatalk Thread)
- Fighters Ready!: Ep. 006 - Open the Game! feat. Samantha Marchello & Scott Wachter of RPGamer.com! (FightersReady.net Thread)
- Shinjuku Station Fight Tube: Video Review - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Anime TV Series - Ep. 001 - "Dio the Destroyer"

Want to have your Gundamn-centric works featured in the next episode? Then, send in your creative entries for the next "Gundamnation Spotlight" to [email protected]!

Many thanks for listening!
Soul Bro Ryu
[email protected]

Peep the Websites!:
MAHQ.net - Gundamn.net - Gundamn! @ MechaTalk Forum - Previous Episodes - Chaos Theater - Chaos Theater @ Mechatalk Forum - Laplace's Box - Fighters Ready! - Level Nine - @MAHQDotNet - @GundamnAtMAHQ - Digg - Facebook group - Spill - iTunes - Main RSS Feed - Shinjuku Station Fight Tube! - Shinjuku Station At The Movies - MichaelBay.com: The Official Domain of His Bayness

Zune: zune://subscribe/?Gundamn=http://feeds.feedburner.com/Gundamn

[email protected]

Voicemail Hotline: 305-792-8324
Soul Bro Ryu
http://www.Gundamn.net
http://About.me/SoulBroRyu
Xbox Live: Soul Bro Ryu
PSN: Soul_Bro_Ryu
Dollow

Re: Ep. 123 - The Fear Factor!

Soul Bro with the fourth wall breakers, love them!!!
Agent Zero of Team Neo
Everywhere I have searched for peace and nowhere have I found it, except in a corner with a book
Dollow's Blog
Dollow's Twitter
Destiny_Gundam

Wait, am I missing something? Follow up? When did you interview her the first time?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Mu La Flaga

Episode 121, there you go.
Destiny_Gundam

Hm, guess I over looked it. Thanks.
Vent Noir

Just a clarification: It's not that I dislike UC, I just think the Federation-versus-Zeon stuff is overdone by this point.

As for series with a bunch of alternate universes and such, the closest thing I can think of is the Doctor Who expanded universe, in particular the Big Finish audio dramas, which include spin-offs such as Bernice Summerfield and Doctor Who Unbound, which as TV Tropes puts it, "gleefully gives the finger to canon and explores "what-if" scenarios".
Vent Noir

@AJDynon on Twitter

April 7, 1979: The first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam premieres. Fanboys declare Gundam "Ruined FOREVER".
Arbiter GUNDAM

Neo, I would like some clarification: Is Macross Plus part of the tomes?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Wellman

I don't get what you all are talking about Leon was the lead in two of the best Resident Evil games in the franchise. Then they ruined his record trying to have him save RE6 a task even he couldn't do.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Wellman wrote:I don't get what you all are talking about Leon was the lead in two of the best Resident Evil games in the franchise. Then they ruined his record trying to have him save RE6 a task even he couldn't do.

Those games were great but not because of Leon's bitchiness, they were great games.

Lest not forget, Leon gave up "getting the full White House" tour with Ashley in 4. He's a b!tch, so you are wrong.

And the story of 6 is the least of its problems.
The Equation of the Robot Apocalypse:

The Admiral + Flashlight = Dead Robo

B.A., M.A., PhD,
The Yoshiyuki Tomino School of Film.
"You draw'em, we kill'em!"

[email protected]

PSN/XBOX Live: NeoLorroke
Silver_August

Transformers - How did you guys miss that? A new series every single time that reboots the series and puts it in a new direction, completely separate from each other!

Also, Link hasn't actually had to fight ganon since Wind Waker, :P

Though in all seriousness a bit of slowdown from nintendo would be nice...original IPs would help the slow down happen lol
Destiny_Gundam

How does a visual novel get delayed? By firing the artist for plagarizing and having to re-draw everything.

And the Fubuki is the training unit that Yui forced Yuuya to pilot that one time.

Muv Luv is still the highest rated visual novel of all time, so my hope and dream is pretty reasonable.
hawk of endymion
Location: The Lord Larry King Memorial News Studio at the Gundamn News Tower, HB, CA

Silver_August wrote:Transformers - How did you guys miss that? A new series every single time that reboots the series and puts it in a new direction, completely separate from each other!
Maybe, but for the most part its new stories with the same core characters. Each AU Gundam is does not use the same characters from UC or previous AU shows.
Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Neo, I would like some clarification: Is Macross Plus part of the tomes?
It is, but since you're doing a shameless Macross plug, it may have to go back to the review process.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

Silver_August

Techinically they're only using the name-sakes, Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal are 2 VERY different bots, every incarnation of Megatron are only similar by name-sakes and personalites completely vary... G1 and Prime Megatron are like night and day.

Though I will counter my own argument and admit the name-sakes are often what push toys since people love that character.

On the other hand...Ratchet has gone from being a rather bland character to varieties of traumatized/whethered war medics,

But I admit, Transformers will ALWAYS require a prime/megatron...I guess like how Gundam requires a Red, white and blue gundam.
Wellman

Silver_August wrote:But I admit, Transformers will ALWAYS require a prime/megatron...I guess like how Gundam requires a Red, white and blue gundam.
No, the better analogy for the Prime/Megatron would be every Gundam scenario always have a Char (via a mask, glasses, blond hair, actual clone or all the above) and of course a Gundam with white being the primary color.
hawk of endymion

Silver_August wrote:Techinically they're only using the name-sakes, Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal are 2 VERY different bots, every incarnation of Megatron are only similar by name-sakes and personalites completely vary... G1 and Prime Megatron are like night and day.

Though I will counter my own argument and admit the name-sakes are often what push toys since people love that character.

On the other hand...Ratchet has gone from being a rather bland character to varieties of traumatized/whethered war medics,

But I admit, Transformers will ALWAYS require a prime/megatron...I guess like how Gundam requires a Red, white and blue gundam.
Well, I'll admit I don't know that much about all of the Transformers series, so that's all you. But it seems that most of the main robots are represented no matter the series.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

The Fowl Sorcerous

In terms of a franchise that reinvents itself each iteration and has a rabid, tribal fanbase: Final Fantasy. Though at this point most of the debate is centred on when, exactly, the series started to suck, but there you have it.
[[lorem ipsum]]
Arbiter GUNDAM

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:Neo, I would like some clarification: Is Macross Plus part of the tomes?
It is, but since you're doing a shameless Macross plug, it may have to go back to the review process.[/quote]

You wound me sir! That was an honest question! :D
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
raijinz

Damn, if things carry on like this, Dollow might even get his own segment on Gundamn to rival even Chris's hate! Maybe some thing like "Dollow's Gallows"?

Anyway, as for Neo's "The Tide Turns" project I actually did some research for assets that could work as a base for the image but nothing online comes close so I would have to do the whole thing more or less from scratch. My drawing is not great, but it can be done.

To be honest, I wanted to work on Chris's "Omar Comin Yo" driving the Straight-talk Express before this one coz it'd easier to do (and much funnier!).
////////////////
A Bright-slap is too good for you!!
PSN: roytecx
hawk of endymion

raijinz wrote:Anyway, as for Neo's "The Tide Turns" project I actually did some research for assets that could work as a base for the image but nothing online comes close so I would have to do the whole thing more or less from scratch. My drawing is not great, but it can be done.

To be honest, I wanted to work on Chris's "Omar Comin Yo" driving the Straight-talk Express before this one coz it'd easier to do (and much funnier!).
I don't like the hearing your excuses, this is your commission and you will complete it. Make the Stig proud, he wouldn't complain.

B.A., M.A., PhD,

[email protected]

tHeWasTeDYouTh

The Last Days of Bandai Entertainment USA

thanks for advising this on the episode, damn Robert Napton said it(love these sort of interviews)

in Japan they either

1. don't care about America consumer or the market
2. think Anime will sell the same as in Japan

love the episode
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!